If you are a new mom or expecting a baby soon, a quality diaper bag is a must have item. Diaper bags are your control center as a mom. They hold everything you need when you are on the go with your baby, which can add up to a lot of stuff! From diapers and portable breast pumps to wipes, bottles, snacks and everything in between, your diaper bag holds all of the essentials. This means they can get messy quickly, and without good organization it can become a huge hassle when you are looking for something you need. With all of the extra pockets and space that parents need, diaper bags tend to be bulky and not so fun to carry around.
What if you were able to get a diaper bag that has tons of storage space, easy to organize pockets and compartments, and even accessories like changing pads and wet bags, but still with a touch of style to go along with it? These days, major brands like Kate Spade, Michael Kors and other leading designers have put out designer diaper bags for fashionable moms that want to stay stylish while going around town with their baby.
This list contains our top picks for the best designer diaper bags of 2017. These bags are high quality, super organized and stylish enough that they may get mistaken for a large purse. Best of all, there is a bag for every sized budget as well. They would make a great gift for any new mom, too!
1. Marc By Marc Jacobs Core Pretty Elizababy Shoulder Bag
This diaper bag from Marc by Marc Jacobs is a perfect pick for any chic parent. it includes two sturdy handles and a detachable shoulder strap, zip closures and four outside pockets. The two large outside pockets have magnetic closures, while the side pockets are perfect for holding bottles. It is made of 100% nylon inside and out, for durability as well as easy washing and spot cleaning. The main compartment is extremely roomy with a zip pocket and four patch pockets, and will fit all of your daily essentials. This is an extra large bag at 14″ high and 15.5″ wide. It comes in three neutral color choices – Black, Quartz Grey and Cement.
Watch a review video here.
- Very large bag with an extra roomy main compartment
- Made of durable and easy to clean nylon material
- Can be carried as a shoulder bag or a messenger bag
- Many reviewers had to purchase separate organizational pockets and bags to keep the bag organized
- Some reviewers found the bag too large for everyday use
- Some reviewers suggested the bag would be better with stroller straps
2. OiOi Leather Messenger Bag
This messenger-style diaper bag from OiOi is perfect for any parent. It is just as stylish as any oversized leather purse that moms would love, but dads would also look great carrying this bag around town. The bag is constructed of imported leather and comes with some great accessories, including an insulated bottle case, a zippered wet bag, stroller straps, wipes case and a baby changing pad. It even has protective metal feet on the base so you can place it down anywhere without scratching the leather exterior. However, this is not a precious bag that needs to be protected – The leather has a weather resistant finish so it is baby-safe as well. This bag measures 11″ by 17.5″ and is 6″ deep. If leather is not your style, you can also get this bag in waxed canvas.
Price: $329 with free shipping
Watch a review video here.
- Extra roomy with a lot of organizational pockets inside
- Stylish for either mom or dad to use
- Comes with all of the accessories you need – changing pad, bottle case, wipes case, wet bag and stroller straps
- One reviewer had their strap break after a few months of use
- Some reviewers found the bag difficult to open and close quickly
- Some reviewers believed the leather felt cheap
3. Coach Crossgrain Leather Diaper Bag
Coach is one of the best known and best loved designer brands on the market. Their purses are sought after far and wide and their “C” logo has become synonymous with high fashion. This diaper bag could easily double as a stylish purse or travel bag, but it includes all of the internal storage that is necessary for life with a baby. The bag measures 20″ x 12″ x 7″ and has a 9.5″ strap. It also includes an adjustable, longer shoulder strap for crossbody wear. Inside, you will find two large zip pockets, two large slip pockets, two bottle holder pockets and a Coach branded changing pad. The bag comes in six colors – Black, Brown with Coach logo, Midnight Blue, Khaki/Pink Ruby, Khaki Saddle and Light Gold/Dahlia Pink.
Price: $268.99 with free shipping
- Can be used as a regular purse or laptop bag after baby is grown up
- Has plenty of room for all of baby’s essentials as well as mom’s
- Material is easy to wipe clean
- The bag is super large and may be cumbersome
- Does not have protective feet on the bottom
- Does not have a lot of internal organization
4. Kate Spade Taden Baby Diaper Bag
Kate Spade is the go-to brand for women who love smart, sophisticated and timeless design. This diaper bag is all of those things, plus it helps keep you extremely organized. It is constructed of high quality nylon that is durable and easy to clean, with black vinyl trim and polished gold tone hardware. The liner is water resistent polyester, with an interior zippered pocket, two slip pockets and a diaper pouch. The top zips shut and there are open pockets on either end for bottles. The bad measures about 18″ x 12″ x 5.5″ and has an 8″ handle included, as well as an 18″ detachable shoulder strap. It comes in classic black, blue and white stripes or black with white polka dots.
Price: $154 to $185 depending on color
Watch a review and “What’s in my Diaper Bag” video here.
- Has a lot of interior pockets for easy organization
- Comes with a matching baby changing pad
- Extra large size is big enough for parents with two kids
- Some reviewers thought it could use more interior pockets
- Some reviewers mentioned it bulges out at the sides when extra full
- May be too large for everyday use with one baby
5. Michael Kors Jet Set Diaper Bag
Michael Kors is known for high quality designs that are truly timeless, both in their construction and their style. This diaper bag is no exception, and has all of the features that new parents need. The diaper bag is made out of durable, lightweight nylon and has a snap tab closure, two outside pockets and seven interior pockets. The shoulder strap measures 9.5″ and there is also an adjustable, detachable cross-body strap that measures 14″ to 22″. There are also straps attached to the bag hat you can use to hang it easily on your stroller. The shoulder straps are made of 100% Saffiano leather. The bag of course comes with a changing pad as well comes in six color options: Black, Ballet, Cherry, Dusk, Navy and Lite Sky. The bag is extra large, measuring 16″ by 11.5″ by 6.5″, making it a perfect choice for parents with multiple kids.
Price: $264 to $359.99 depending on color
Watch a “What’s in my Diaper Bag” video here.
- Seven interior pockets for superior organization
- Also includes a diaper station changing pad
- Constructed of lightweight and easy to clean nylon
- Some reviewers had issues with sagging after use
- Stroller straps are not detachable
- Reviewers had issues with poor customer service
6. Timi & Leslie Metro Messenger Diaper Bag
If you are looking for a less expensive designer diaper bag that looks good enough to be a purse, the Metro Messenger from timi & leslie may be the perfect choice for you. This bag has it all – it comes with a changing pad and stroller straps, and is designed for maximum efficiency and storage. it is constructed of durable PVC-free vegan faux leather and has two outside pockets and five inside pockets. Inside pockets include four small and one large pocket, all with elastic to keep things secure and tidy. The two outside pockets are insulated so you can put cold or warm bottles in them and they will stay the same temperature. This bag comes in four different finishes: Barcelona (brown), Monaco (textured black), Soho (black) and Bermuda (green)
Price: $98.60 with free shipping (18 percent off MSRP)
Watch a review video here.
- Constructed of faux leather for cruelty-free fashion
- Designed specifically for parents (in other words, this is not just a large purse with extra pockets!)
- Has insulated bottle holder pockets
- Some reviewers had issues with the material peeling after use
- Reviewers mentioned inconsistency with the color not matching the photos
- Significantly smaller than other bags on the list
7. Petunia Pickle Bottom Downtown Tote Diaper Bag
When you shop for diaper bags, sooner or later you are always going to com across Petunia Pickle Bottom. This well loved brand is known for creating modern and efficient diaper bags for both moms and dads with unique patterns and fabrics. This Downtown Tote diaper bag is a very popular choice and has perfect reviews on Amazon. It is the largest diaper bag on our list, measuring 19″ by 15″ by 7″. With this much room, it would even be big enough for parents of triplets! The outside has one zippered pocket for easy access. This diaper bag comes with a washable baby changing pad and a monogramed wipes case. It is constructed of durable, washable material, including the straps which are made of vegan leather. You can choose from six color/pattern combinations. It will easily attach to your stroller using the petunia Pickle Bottom Valet Stroller Clips (sold separately).
Price: $126.93 with free shipping
Watch a review video from a mother of twins here.
- Super roomy interior with six open pockets for organization
- Makes a great beach bag or travel bag after baby is grown up
- Made of durable and easy to clean material
- So large that it may be too big for some parents
- Does not come with a cross body strap
- Stroller straps and other accessories must be purchased separately
8. Vera Bradley Make A Change Diaper Bag
Vera Bradley is a truly unique brand that moms love. Vera Bradley bags are constructed of brightly colored, patterned and quilted cotton fabric that makes them appear plush and inviting. This makes for a really fun diaper bag that both mom and baby will love. The Make A Change diaper bag is a nice mid sized bag with a lot of great storage options. I personally used this bad (in Dogwood) for the first year with my baby and I loved it. It includes a ton of internal and external storage to keep you organized. External storage includes two diaper pockets, a zippered pocket, and a roll-out changing pad. Internal storage includes a large main compartment and multiple elasticized open pockets. The straps are slightly longer than most bags so it an fit over your shoulder even when it is filled to the brim. The bag comes in 18 different color combinations and patterns, so you are sure to find one that matches your style.
Price: $141.85 and free shipping
Watch a comparison of Vera Bradley diaper bags here.
- Includes a diaper changing pad
- Is made of a washable material and can go in the washing machine
- Not too large
- May be too small for multiple kids or for toddlers
- The bag may start to sag after using for a long time
- Some reviewers had issues with the magnetic flap tab on the outside pocket
9. Tory Burch Thea Nylon Baby Bag
Tory Burch combines all of the best elements of function and style in this diaper bag. the mail bag is constructed of hard working and easy clean nylon, so it will stand up to every day use as you cary it around wherever you go, but the top flap and strap are made of leather for an added bit of style. the bag measures 15″ by 12″ by 6.5″ so it is large enough to carry all of your necessities, but not so large that it will be overwhelming. It includes two exterior pockets as well as two open interior pockets and one zippered pocket. Overall, this bag would make a great choice for any new mom who loves Tory Burch!
Price: $290.99 and free shipping
- Made of durable nylon
- Includes stylish leather accents
- Not so large as to be overwhelming
- May be too small for some parents
- Does not come with stroller straps
- Does not come with changing pad or other accessories
10. Rebecca Minkoff Knocked Up Diaper Handbag
One more gorgeous designer diaper bag is the Knocked Up Diaper Handbag from Rebecca Minkoff. This bag is smaller than most diaper bags and looks more like a regular purse. It is constructed to be extremely durable and stand up tp every day use with high quality closures and strap attachments, as well as metal feet on the bottom. the main body of the bag is nylon, with leather features and straps. At 12″ high with a 17″ shoulder drop, this bag is just the right size for every day use but it may not be large enough for all-day excursions or travel. The shoulder strap is detachable as well, so it can be carried as a hand bag. The bag also includes a changing pad, and three exterior pockets. Overall, this would be a great bag for any stylish mom who does not want to lug around a gigantic diaper bag.
Price: $250.99 with free shipping
Watch a product description video here.
- Small enough that it does not feel cumbersome to carry around
- Includes a diaper changing pad that is washable
- Made of durable nylon and stylish leather
- Not big enough for long day trips or travelling
- Some reviewers received a bag that did not match the photographs
- Some reviewers did not receive the shoulder crossbody strap