Picking out the right bag for your mirrorless camera can be tough. There are many factors to balance: size, stability, comfort, and look to name a few. Here on this list, we’ve gathered our favorites. Each offers a different set of strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps you want a light bag, in general, these bags will be smaller. Likewise, if one wants to move around a large amount of gear (perhaps additional lenses or accessories), those bags will run on the heavier side.
Another important question to ask is how fast you will need to be able to access your gear. Sling backpacks offer very fast access as one can generally just rotate them along their body. Some of these bags offer convenient access via a single clip or from a single compartment. Others require more involved access. All in all, each of these bags offers great quality, but the mileage will vary depending on what kind of user you are.
Here’s our top 10 list of mirrorless camera bags in order of highest to lowest price.
1. Tenba Messenger Bag
This large capacity Tenba bag is as chic as it is functional. It’s called the DNA8 and it can accommodate a mirrorless camera, two to three lenses, and an iPad-Mini-sized tablet. It boasts multiple hooks and a weather wrap rain cover to shield your equipment from the elements. While some have issues with its loud velcro seals and lack of rigidity, few can deny its functionality. This bag has a great look and a great value.
- Weatherproof with high quality fabric
- Reversible cover protects bag from rain or sunlight
- High quality and versatile bag
- Good for travel as it carries a fair amount and is easily portable
- Has compartments for pens and notebooks
- Shoulder pad is surprisingly comfortable
- Not as rigid as some users would’ve liked
- Loud velcro seals
- One user found the bag to be too large
- One user said the shoulder strap was useless
2. K&F Concept Camera Backpack
The K&F concept backpack will make your shoots more convenient and easy. Boasting solid storage capacity of two mirrorless bodies and three to four lenses, this waterproof and shockproof bag is practical and simple. Ideal for the videographer or photographer on the go, it has tons of compartments and zippers for the little things like keys, memory cards, and other small accessories. It’s designed from comfort, security, and functionality. Don’t miss it if you’re looking for the backpack form factor.
Price: $49.99 (67 percent off MSRP)
- Holds two smaller SLR or mirrorless bodies and three to four lenses
- Waterproof and shockproof material
- Light and sturdy construction
- Gear is easily accessible
- Praised as having a nice variety of pockets
- User pleased with its protectiveness
- Waist strap won’t fit larger waists (>44 inches)
- Smaller than some users expected
- Tripod holder only for smaller tripods
- Not big enough to hold large/pro rigs say some users
3. Lowepro Passport Sling II
For those looking to sling their gear, the Lowepro Passport Sling II offers great value. While it may not be the biggest bag, it can easily hold a DSLR or mirrorless camera with an attached lens, but that’s about it. Still it offers solid comfort and a nice, minimal look. Users love its camera box interior, meaning you can choose to shield your camera with a rigid box or if you want more space, one can remove it. It’s a great value with a great build quality if you’re into the attributes a sling backpack brings with it.
- Fits a DSLR with attached zoom lens
- Customizable and removable camera box allows for rigid protection or more space
- Discreet and minimal, attractive bag
- Expandable compartment means one can unzip to increase space by one third
- Users like its minimal look for theft prevention
- Not big enough to fit a laptop
- One user complained it hurt his shoulders
- Some wish for more pockets
- Convenience not ideal for some
4. Lowepro Event Messenger 150
The Lowepro Event Messenger boasts a simple look and a practical interior. It offers velcro straps to hold in your gear and fits a mirrorless or small DSLR camera with one or two lenses. Plus, one can easily fit a tablet inside as well. It’s praised as comfy for all sizes of people, big or small. The inside of the bag is customizable and one can achieve many different configurations. The only thing to consider is that some users did find it on the small side.
- Fits DSLR or mirrorless camera with large attached lens, and one or two additional lenses with small tablet
- Streamlined, business casual look
- Allows for comfortable travel with its handles and non-slip shoulder strap
- Praised as comfortable for all sizes of people
- Allows for many possible configurations
- Velcro straps on the noisy side
- Does not fit a 13″ laptop
- Some claim it’s a tight fit for camera and lens
- Not good for larger DSLRS
5. Altura Photo Camera Sling
With its purple interior that pops, the Altura Photo Camera Sling is more than just functional. This high quality interior bag is backed by a 90-day guarantee and is a great size for smaller cameras and setups. Its comfortable design permits one to rotate it and rapidly access one’s gear so you won’t miss the shots you need. All in all, this is a great bag for those looking for a sling bag that’s a good size, but not too big.
Price: $39.99 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Lightweight and durable travel bag
- Holds DSLR cameras with standard zoom lens, fits extra lenses and flash units
- High quality interior
- Comfortable design permits for rapid rotation for fast access to one’s gear
- Backed by 90 day guarantee
- Great size for mirrorless and small cameras
- Some users found it on the small side
- One user found bag to be too stiff
- Some felt that bag did not keep camera safe
- One user had an issue with a strap
6. Lowepro Adventura Mirrorless bag
The Lowepro Adventura is a great bag with great access. Praised for being a good and snug fit for many small to medium cameras, it offers a safe way to move your gear. Its adjustable design meets it should be compatible with most cameras and most users. It’s a minimalist case but it does offer a quick grab handle and solid security. Perfect for those looking to have their gear ready when they need it.
- Adjustable design fits most users
- Low, cut-away opening for easy access
- Adjustable and detachable shoulder strap
- Fits most mirrorless cameras and large lens
- Praised for being a good, snug fit for T3I and similar sized cameras
- Some found bag shape unusual
- One user had an issue with the front clip
- Too small for some cameras
A comparison of Panasonic's new mirrorless camera against the low-light champion, Sony's A7S 2. How do they compare?Click here to read more
7. Qcute Camera Shoulder Bag
If you’ve ever wanted a bag with one huge buckle, then look no further. The Qcute should bag offers great water-resistance and a highly functional one -buckle solution meaning it’s easy to open and close. Compact yet roomy, this is a great bag for active use. It boasts many tiny pockets and a form factor that work with most small to medium SLR or mirrorless cameras. Users love its ability to hold tons of stuff in an organized way.
Price: $28.59 (43 percent off MSRP)
- Unique design is tactical and functional
- Detachable inner pouch is shockproof
- Roomy with multiple pockets for storage
- Suitable for variety of outdoor activities due to rugged exterior
- Praised as holding a large amount of things
- One user said bag can only hold camera and one detached lens
- Battery extender won’t fit with camera and lens
- One user said it’s too small to hold even a small kit with two lenses
8. AmazonBasics Large DSLR Bag
AmazonBasics always offer great value. This camera bag has a bright orange interior, but it’s function over form all around. The interior is flexible and can hold a DSLR or mirrorless body and up to three lenses. It also has room for a tablet. Users love its spacious interior and more than adequate protection. The customizable foam padding means it’s a bag for the many and its dual straps mean there’s more than one way to hold it.
- Holds one DSLR body and up to three lenses
- Praised as spacious, attractive, and keeping stuff safe
- Includes second strap to use on shoulder instead of handle
- Customizable interior allows for variety of ways to move around one’s gear
- Some users had issues with the ease of accessing their gear
- One user found bag to be too bulky
- Mesh inside bag easily tears
- The zipper handle broke for one user
9. Ritz Gear Sling Backpack
The Ritz Gear sling backpack offers a shoulder strap, lightweight comfort, and a fiery red interior. It will fit an entry level DSLR or mirrorless camera, two additional lenses and a flash. Users love its size and well thought out interior. The adjustable foam-padded dividers guarantee that one can shape the bag around their needs.
- Adjustable, foam-padded dividers
- Internal zippered mesh pocket holds smaller accessories
- Big enough to hold small DLSR or mirrorless camera
- Praised as well thought with good construction
- Ideal for compact travel bag
- One user found shoulder strap to be wrong length
- Some users found the bag too small for their DSLR
- Strap gave out for one user after a month
10. Altura Photo Bag
While certainly on the small side, for those who don’t need a big bag, this Altura Photo bag delivers. It can hold a small or medium mirrorless camera and perhaps one or two additional lenses, along with a small accessory. It includes a 90-day 100% satisfaction guarantee warranty. Users love its divider system and padded carry handle. Its mesh pockets allow for holding a variety of small accessories like memory cards or extra batteries. For the user on a budget, this bag offers excellent value.
- Padded carry handle with plenty of room for accessories
- Backed by 90-day Goja satisfaction guarantee
- Divider system praised as well-designed
- Praised as safe bag for carrying gear while hiking
- Mesh pockets for holding a variety of accessories
- Users wish it was just a bit larger
- One user said shoulder strap was too wide for a woman
- One user felt like bag was too large and they had to “pack” it with shirts etc to adequately pad for their mirrorless camera
Still looking for the right mirrorless camera bag? Browse more top-rated mirrorless camera bags on Amazon.