Here’s what you need to know about a TV acting legend…
1. He Had Been Suffering From Dementia
Conley died from complications caused by dementia which he had battled in his later years.
2. A Former Co-Star Broke the Sad News
His death was announced via Facebook by his former co-star Mary-Beth McDonough, who played Erin Walton on the show.
3. He Was a ‘Waltons’ Legend
He played on The Waltons during the show’s entire run. It’s reported that he was just about to give up on acting before winning the role.
4. Conley Was a Consistent Face on Television Screens For Decades
He was a prolific TV star over three decades, starring in hits like Dragnet, The Brady Bunch and Knight Rider. When The Waltons became a regular gig in the 1972, he divided his time on set between acting and expanding his real estate portfolio.
5. He is Survived by his Wife Louise
As well as their four children, three daughters and a son.