TV’s Judge Joe Brown has been arrested in Memphis after an altercation in a city courtroom, reports WREG.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Brown’s Accused of Being Abusive to a Fellow Judge
Brown was in court to represent someone in a child support case, when he was told the case was not on the docket. Brown is alleged to have become abusive, reports The Commercial Appeal. You can listen to part of the outburst here:
2. The Judge Said Brown ‘Had the Courtroom in a Riot’
Juvenile Court Magistrate Harold Home tried to calm Brown down, when he didn’t, the judge had him arrested, according to My Fox Memphis.
3. After Being Arrested, it’s Said Brown Refused to Stop
Brown has been sentenced to three days in court. He was originally sentenced to two days, but didn’t stop yelling, according to WREG.
4. Brown is in the Middle of Political Campaign
Brown’s TV show is off-air and he is running for Shelby County District Attorney in Tennessee.
5. He Was Once One of the Highest Paid TV Stars in the Country
During his television career, Brown was allegedly paid $20 million per year. Making him the second highest paid daytime TV personality, behind Judge Judy.
Civil Rights leader Dorothy Irene Height is honored with a Google Doodle today to commemorate what would have been her 102nd birthday.Click here to read more