Match of the Night
Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Seth Rollins (Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a WWE World Heavyweight Championship Contract)!
Best Non-Match Moments/Highlights
• Daniel Bryan came out and spoke with the live crowd about his feelings on getting stripped of the belts. The crowd went nuts as expected. When Bryan tried to shush them all, the crowd responded with “NO! NO! NO!” chants. Bryan doesn’t know when he’s going to return, plus he hasn’t retained the feeling in one of his arms yet. He noted that when he comes back, he’ll be better than ever. He wasn’t very pleased with having to watch someone be crowned the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He believed that either John Cena, Randy Orton or Roman Reigns would be the man to walk out with the titles. Suddenly, Bo Dallas interrupted Bryan. Bo even went as far as getting in a quick joke about Bryan’s injury – “Man, that must be a pain in the neck!” Bryan returned the favor by saying that Bo is acting like a “BO-ner.” Bryan even told the crowd that Bo should “BO-leave.” This ended Bryan’s interview segment.
• Luke Harper and Erick Rowan warned The Usos that they were coming…for their WWE Tag Team Championship titles.
• Dean Ambrose did a backstage promo and spoke about his intentions to recover the Money in the Bank briefcase and bash Seth Rollins’ face in.
• Damien Sandow made sure to continue his bit where he made fun of a home state’s most revered historic icon. This time, he ragged on Boston’s own Paul Revere. Adam Rose and his partiers came out to make a fool of him while the crowd began humming his Rose’s theme song.
• Seth Rollins, RVD, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger with Zeb Coulter all spoke about their intentions to walk away with the Money in the Bank briefcase.
• Triple H and Stephanie McMahon made sure to help Rollins celebrate his win.
• Orton did a backstage segment about his intentions for the Money in the Bank match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
• While Fandango spoke about his referee duties, both Layla and Summer Rae explained why he needs to stick with either woman. They made sure to show off their “assets” to an admittedly confused Fandango.
• The Bella Twins had a little backstage spat with Stephanie McMahon, which led to them helping her remember her embarrassing moment with Vickie Guerrero. Stephanie then kicked out Brie out of pure anger.
• Before the main event, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon made their way to ringside to watch everything unfold.
Come back for more WWE PPV results for WWE Battleground 2014 on July 20, 2014!