Star Wars seems to be the hottest topic these days, huh? With news of the official release date for the next film comes the release of a new iOS/Android mobile game for the movie franchise – Tiny Death Star.
This mobile strategy game puts you in control of the day-today management of Darth Vader’s pride and joy – the might Death Star. Things aren’t all glum and depressing for this lil’ mobile game, since the cute 8-bit graphics and lighthearted tone makes it perfect for all ages to play.
Here’s some fast facts for folks who want to know what all the fuss is about.
1. The Game Was Created Through A Partnership Between LucasArts and Tiny Tower
Tiny Death Star was created through the partnership efforts of two gaming media giants – LucasArts and NimbleBit. NimbleBit’s most popular game (Tiny Tower) provided the visual aesthetic and game mechanics now being used for Tiny Death Star.
2. The Premise of the Game Focuses on Building and Maintaining the Development of the Death Star
Tiny Death Star places you in the galactic shoes of the bad guys. This time, you’re not trying to stop the development of the Death Star. You’re actually building it yourself. Check out the official description of the game from the Google Play store:
From Disney Mobile, in partnership with LucasArts and Nimblebit, the makers of Tiny Tower, comes an all-new mobile game about everyone’s favorite space station, STAR WARS™: TINY DEATH STAR™!
– Amidst a civil war in a galaxy far, far away, the Emperor is building a Death Star level by level, and he needs your help. Intergalactic war is expensive, and space stations are, too. Do you have any idea how much it costs to build one the size of a moon?
– Live life on the dark side, and join Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader on a mission to attract Galactic bitizens, run intergalactic businesses, and build an all-new Death Star! With that hard-earned money, fund the Empire’s evil schemes to defeat the Rebels and conquer the galaxy once and for all!
With the power of the Dark Side, you’ll be able to…
1. BUILD THE LARGEST DEATH STAR AROUND: Earn credits to expand your Death Star, and build over 80 types of Star Wars themed residential and commercial floors like Rebo’s Karaoke and Cloud City Spa!
2. HIRE STAR WARS GALACTIC BITIZENS: Attract over 30 unique species including Wookiees and Ewoks, and fulfill their dream jobs! Not everyone on the Death Star wants to be the Empire’s minion; some might just want to work at the local ice cream shop…
3. FUEL THE EMPIRE’S EVIL SCHEMES UNDERGROUND: Below the hustle and bustle of the businesses above, build secretive, underground imperial levels to craft special supplies that will aide your Imperial troops in the fight against the Rebels.
4. CAPTURE REBEL SPIES: As stealthy as your Death Star development may be, expect break-ins from Rebel spies such as Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and more! Capture them before they escape!
5. UNLOCK ENTERTAINING STORY MOMENTS: While running your Death Star, keep your eyes peeled for new scenes featuring many of your favorite characters like Han Solo, Chewie, Jabba the Hutt, and more.
Hurry and get on your way to building the largest, most destructive space station in the galaxy!
3. This is the First LucasArts Game Released from the Company Since Being Acquired by Disney
Earlier in 2013, Disney acquired LucasArts and changed their business model from an internal video game development studio to a licensing model company. Most of the games that the company was working on (Star Wars 1313, for instance) were immediately canceled. Check out GameSpot’s article on the matter for information.
4. A Launch Promotion is Currently Underway
For those folks who wish to download the app on launch day (November 8, 2013!), there’s a special in-game bonus being offered to players. Check out that sweet bonus description for the game below:
SPECIAL LAUNCH PROMOTION! For a limited time only, get 50% MORE starting bux when you download the app! Grab your FREE bux today, and start building the largest Death Star in the galaxy!
5. It’s Practically Available for Every Mobile Platform
Tiny Death Star can be downloaded from a wealth of mobile gaming platforms. Check out the list below to see if you can go ahead and download this Death Star management simulator:
– iTunes App Store
– Google Play
– Windows Phone Store
– Windows Store