6. The DualShock 4’s TouchPad Will Be Used for In-Game Interactivity
The newly added TouchPad that’s been added to the DualShock 4 will be utilized in a major way for inFamous: Second Son. Players can absorb any of the world’s elements around them by using their thumbs to press down on the TouchPad. Once Delsin absorbs the powers of a specific element while another element is currently equipped, Delsin will change his moveset automatically.
7. A PlayStation 4 Bundle is Being Offered Through GameStop
GameStop is offering a brand new PS4 bundle through its online outlets. This bundle (which currently retails at $477.97) comes with the following items:
- PlayStation 4 Console
– inFamous: Second Son regular edition
– 1-year PlayStation Plus subscription
– A 2nd DualShock 4 Controller
8. A Limited Edition of the Game is Being Offered for Pre-Order
The limited edition of inFamous: Second Son comes with a premium foil cover for the physical hard case copy of the game. It will also include bonus downloadable content (Cole’s Legacy), which is a set of missions that provides a look into the events that transpired the 2nd and 3rd games in the series. Once players complete these exclusive missions, Delsin will be able to wear Cole MacGrath’s previous jacket from the 1st game.
9. There’s Also a Collector’s Edition Available
The huge Collector’s Edition of the game comes with a huge amount of perks and in-game features:
- A full retail copy of inFamous: Second Son with the Collector’s Edition cover
– Premium replica of Delsin’s beanie
– Set of 8 pins from Delsin’s in-game vest
– Official DUP Patch
– Vinyl Decals
– Delsin’s “Legendary” in-game vest
– Cole’s Legacy DLC
10. The Pre-Order Sales for the Game Has Surpassed the Pre-Order Sales for Another Big Exclusive Sony Game
One of the bigger announcement surrounding the impending release of inFamous: Second Son is how it surpassed the pre-order sales of another huge Sony gaming franchise – The Last of Us. Sony Computer Entertainment UK Product Manager Josh Walker release a statement about the excitement and buzz surrounding this new release for the PS4:
We have high expectations for Infamous: Second Son and are excited by the level of pre-orders which are exceeding that of The Last of Us at this point in the run up to its launch. We can already see it benefiting from the goodwill and of buzz surrounding the PlayStation 4 and expect Second Son to be the biggest game in the Infamous series to date.
Along with this news came the reveal of the game’s install size for the PS4 – 24GB.