Fixya users reported issues with the audio of the Xbox One when plugging into their television or an external speaker system. A variety of issues were found, such as the audio being greatly reduced, only coming out of one speaker, or not being present at all. This obviously presents issues for users, especially if they do not have a set of headphones they usually use when playing games or consuming media with the system.
For audio issues, here are some fixes to pursue for users:
- Microsoft has replaced A/V cables with a single HDMI or optical cable that runs the audio and visual connection between your television and Xbox One. This means that the issue may be with the HDMI cable that came with your device and could require a replacement piece.
– Ensure your HDMI or optical cable is free of any defects or damage.
– Do a reset of your Xbox One by turning off the Xbox One for two minutes, unplugging all of the cords associated with the device, and then plugging it back in.
– Examine your Xbox One’s display and sound settings through the settings menu on the home page and ensure you have the correct option selected.
– Contact Microsoft customer service.