6. Several Existing and New Assist Trophies, Pokemon and Items Were Revealed
Check out the full listing and accompanying video trailers for the assist trophies, Pokemon and items below:
– Knuckle Joe
– Saki Amamiya
– Dr. Wright
– Skull Kid
– Mother Brain
– Dark Samus
– Chain Chomp
– Color TV – Game 15
Pokemon (the more rare the Pokemon Ball that you throw, the rarer your released Pokemon assist will be)
– Smart Bomb
– Motion Sensor Bomb
– POW Block
– Fire Bar
– Fairy Bottle
– Ore Club
– X Bomb
– Hocotate Bomb
– Rocket Belt
– Steel Diver
7. A Lot of the Game’s Old Characters are Getting Brand New Moves and Skills
Several of the game’s classic fighters are returning, but they’re coming with a whole new repertoire of attacks and skills. Some of those classic characters and new moves include (new move info comes via Nintendo press release):
– Zero Suit Samus: That’s right, Zero Suit Samus is back, but this time she is her own fully playable character, separate from suited Samus. In the new game, she is given jet boots to make her even more powerful.
– Sheik: As with Zero Suit Samus, Sheik is another character that appeared in previous Super Smash Bros. games, but will be a unique playable character for the first time in the new Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games. Sheik has new moves like Burst Grenade and Bouncing Fish.
– Yoshi: In previous games, Yoshi stood on two legs and hunched over, as if Mario were going to jump on top of him at any moment. This new version of Yoshi stands completely upright, making him an even stronger fighter.
8. The New Characters Were Also Detailed and Showcased
Many of the game’s newly added fighters (Rosalina & Luma, Little Mac, Greninja, Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainers) were all shown during the live stream and given a chance to show off their move sets. Click on each character’s name to see their moveset in action.
9. Each Character Has the Ability to Utilize Custom Move Sets
One cool feature that was shown during the live stream was the option of character’s having custom move sets. Players can alter each character’s move set and change them to varying degrees (example – change the directory of Mario’s Fireball projectile). These custom fighter move set changes can be implemented during local/online play. Once more information on this features comes out, we’ll make sure to update this particular fact!
10. An Exclusive Play Mode Called Smash Run Will Only Be Available on the 3DS Version
Nintendo’s newly released press release on this Nintendo Direct/Super Smash Bros. presentation showed off a new gameplay mode that only 3DS owners can play:
Exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version of the game is a new mode called “Smash Run.” In this mode, four players have five minutes to enter a dungeon and explore the surroundings, fight enemies and obtain power-ups to enhance their fighters. Once the five minutes are up, all four fighters enter a battle arena using their newly equipped items and power-ups. Enemies encountered in the Smash Run mode are from a wide range of game series. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems and games are required for multiplayer modes.