Here are the top 10 tips/tricks/cheats you need to know for Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle.
1. Set Up Your Team Formations Properly During Battles
• When you participate in battle, it’s important to take advantage of your characters’ Link Skills. Link Skills come to fruition once you place the appropriate Z-Warriors in line. For instance, placing General Tao, Tien and Chiaotzu or even Saiyan fighters in the right formation will give them a stat boost. You can switch up your current character at any time and see if any Link Skills come up on the bottom row that displays each fighter’s turn.
2. The Basics Behind Moving Across The Board
• Once you make your way onto the board for a stage, you’ll encounter a bunch of different variables. You’ll always get a choice of three randomized numbers that stand for how many spaces you can move. When you spot a grey space, nothing happens. Red spaces with crosshairs deplete your HP. Question mark spaces will supply you with something random, good or bad. Blue spaces award you with capsules, Zeni (money) or more Ki for one of your characters. Red spaces signal that it’s time for a battle (the ones with a stop sign have to be beaten in order for you to progress). The spaces that feature Fortune Teller Baba lets you have an item for a price. Plus, you can gather Dragon Ball’s on any spaces that feature them.
3. Make Sure You Gather The Right Colored Orbs For Your Fighters
• Pay attention to the type of color/fighter-type affiliation that’s tied to any of your characters. That way, you’ll know just what orbs to collect on your way to attacking your enemies. Not only will a character gather double the Ki by doing this, that character will get a health regain. The higher the DEF stat is for that character, the more HP they’ll get back.
4. Defend Yourself With The Stronger Element Type Before Being Attacked
• Keep an eye on how each fighter will proceed according to their turn in the line formation. When you spot your enemy prepping to come at you, make sure you put the stronger character type in front of ’em. That way, you’ll get in an attack on the weaker character type. Once that enemy comes at you, you’ll be able to defend yourself and not take too much damage. For instance, a TEQ-based fighter placed in line before a AGL-based fighter is a good move to make.
5. Go Ahead and Aim for Ki Bursts
• When picking the Ki orbs needed to power up your fighter, you should always check to see if you can pull off Ki Bursts. Ki Bursts occur when you line up and absorb the same color type orbs in a long row. If you don’t spot a huge opportunity to do this but you spot those rainbow-colored spheres, make a habit of collecting those instead.