Here are the top five tips/tricks/cheats you need to know for Valerian: City of Alpha.
1. Keep Your Agents Busy
• During space missions, your agents can find resources, help boost your reputation, and track down the occasional blueprint. But don’t let them bite off more than they can chew. If they attempt to complete a mission that they’re not cut out for, they might get their butts handed to them. So definitely check their overall Power Level and make sure it matches the Power Level of a mission before you assign them to it. Make sure you check out the Power Level of a mission before you begin it. Also, some agents have skills which make missions easier.
2. Hire the Best of the Best
• In Valerian: City of Alpha, Power Levels are pretty much the keys to the universe. By hiring epic or legendary agents, you’ll give the Power Level of your crew a serious boost. So the better the agent, the higher their Power Level. Also: don’t forget to equip your agents with the latest and greatest gear. You can craft those items in the Factory. Extra gear will give your agents some cool bonus abilities.
3. Run a Tight Ship and an Even Tighter Alpha
• The Hologrid on Alpha is the place to generate and collect all of the resources you’ll need during the game. But to get those resources, you’re going to need alien species to make them for you. On the Hologrid, you’ll be able to see all of the species that are eager to make Alpha their new home. Once you find some comfy spots for them in the habitats, which are viewable in the Hologrid, they’ll start cranking out resources. The better you organize all of those species, the more efficient they’ll be and that’ll help you make Alpha bigger and better. Oh, and where do you find all these aliens in the first place? They’ll pop up while your agents are out exploring the universe during their space missions. Some alien species need to be placed along certain others species on the Hologrid in order to produce rare resources.
4. Craft the Latest Gear for Your Shuttles and Agents
• If you’ve found blueprints (as a mission reward) for an item, you can start crafting it in the Factory. To craft an item, you’ll need extra resources and some cash. If you’re running low on time or if you need to be equipped with the new item for your next space mission, you’ll have the option to speed up a crafting job. That will cause the item to instantly appear in finished form. With the best gear, your agents and shuttles will be able to explore new and potentially more dangerous (and awesome) areas of the game much faster.
5. Improve Your Reputation
• Your reputation with an alien species will help you earn rewards with every level up. It will also allow you to put species in more habitats within the Hologrid. The best way to improve your reputation with them is to send your agents and shuttles on lots of space missions. Just keep in mind that every galaxy in the game is home to a specific species. Completing missions in each one of these galaxies will boost your reputation with whichever species lives there. Try to keep your reputation level with each species as high as possible so you don’t miss out on tons of awesome rewards.