If you are a new cannabis grower, you may be a little bit overwhelmed with all of the gear that you need to get for a successful indoor grow operation. You will need a grow tray, reservoir, hydroponic lights, pots, growing medium, nutrients, ventilation and more. Not only can the price of these necessary items add up, there are so many choices out there for each component that it can be almost impossible for a beginner to sort through the good and the bad and choose the best one for their system.
You may be wondering whether you should choose your components based on price, on brand name or on customer reviews. You also may be wondering whether it is OK to mix components – for example, can you get a grow tray from one company and a reservoir from another without worrying about them not fitting together? Well, we have some good news. You do not have to make these decisions right now, because there are plenty of all-in-one options out there that include everything you need to set up a grow up super quickly and easily. Many of them are modular, meaning you can make them as large or as small as you want and add or decrease the size as needed. Hydroponic grow systems allow you to easily and quickly set up a grow op without the hassle of shopping around. You can use them indoors, outdoors or even in a grow tent or grow cabinet.
These hydroponic systems are a perfect solution not only for beginners, but for anyone with a limited amount of space. They are easy to set up, simple to use and don’t take up a lot of space.
1. General Hydroponics WaterFarm
The Water Farm from General Hydroponics is a top quality modular system to get you started growing cannabis right away. Each kit comes with one grow pot and complete watering system, a starter of nutrients, and hydroton growing medium. You can purchase as many of these as you want to fit your grow space and you can always expand later if needed as well.
Price: $66.22 with free shipping
Watch an assembly video here.
- Modular and totally customizable
- Does not require additional pump
- Does not leak
- Only grows one plant per pot
- Does not come with larger reservoir or with hydroponic lighting
- Can get expensive for larger grows
If you are a beginner to growing weed, check out this exhaustive guide for everything you need to know to get started!Click here to read more
2. Hydrofarm Hydroponic Megagarden System
Hydrofarm’s Megagarden system is the ultimate all inclusive grow system for marijuana gardeners. You can grow 15 plants easily with this system and it fits in a relatively small space (22″x22″). It comes with 15 five inch grow pots, grow media, 7.5 gallon reservoir and pump, rock wool starter cubes for your clones, a starter bottle of nutrients, pH testing kit and complete instructions.
Price: $151.05 with free shipping (20 percent off MSRP)
- Very inexpensive
- Easy to drain into a bucket or other container
- A relatively large system for beginners
- Not sold in Idaho
- Does not come with ventilation or lighting
- You cannot add on more plants later if needed
3. AutoPot 4pot Gravity Fed Watering System
This 4 pot system is a great start for beginners who also do not have a whole lot of space to dedicate to cannabis, for example if you live in a small apartment. It is a gravity fed watering system with four buckets that are four gallons each. This is a good size for growing cannabis, you will not have to worry about the plants getting too big for the pots. This system can be used indoors or outdoors.
Price: $149.95 with free shipping (25 percent off MSRP)
Watch a how to video here.
- Super easy to set up
- Large sized pots for nice sized marijuana plants
- Watering is fully automatic
- Not modular and only has 4 pots so it cannot expand if you want more plants
- Does not come with nutrients, growing medium, pH up or pH down solution
- You must buy grow lights separately
4. General Hydroponics RainForest Aeroponic System
The Rainforest Aeroponic system is a little bit different from other systems on the list. Unlike regular hydroponic systems, aeroponics oxygenates th watter andnutrient solution before spraying a fine mist onto theplant’s roots directly. This kit is an all in ne system with everything in one container that you need to start growing today. It is more compact than other systems and can be used indoors or outdoors.
Price: $248.25 with free shipping (15 percent off MSRP)
Watch a review video here.
- Super compact with everything in one container
- High tech aeroponics system
- Very highly reviewed on amazon.com
- No warranty and more expensive than other options
- Hydroponic lighting is not included
- Does not come with nutrient solution
5. General Hydroponics Farm Controller
This system from General Hydroponics takes the WaterFarm concept to a whole new level. It contains eight WaterFarm systems plus a large reservoir that holds 13 gallons of water and an 8 gallon control unit. This is a great deal if you want to use the HydroFarm and have a larger space, because you get each individual WaterFarm at a discount with the addition of the extra large reservoir. This system is almost foolproof and comes very highly reviewed.
Price: $369.92 with free shipping (27 percent off MSRP)
- Includes fully automatic watering system
- Great for larger systems with 8 pots for growing cannabis
- Module, pots can be added or subtracted as needed.
Watch a tutorial video here.
- More expensive than other options
- Does not come with ventilation or hydroponic lighting
- Does not come with grow medium