You probably know something that does and loves CrossFit or you’ve seen some of the muscled competitors going head to head in the CrossFit games on TV. If you’re curious about this new fitness workout, here’s what you need to know.
1. What is Crossfit?
Crossfit is a full-body strength and conditioning program that combines cardio, weight lifting, interval training, and gymnastics. CrossFit focuses on functional movement. Movement and training mimics real-life motion like pushing, pulling, throwing, and running.
The above video is actually a marketing piece for CrossFit, but watch it to take a look at some of the CrossFit workouts and exercises.
2. CrossFit Workout Basics:
* Workouts usually last 45 minutes to 1 hour.
* CrossFitters usually aim to do them 3-5 times per week.
* WOD = Workout of the Day
* Workouts always vary. You will rarely do the same workout twice at CrossFit.
* The Box = CrossFit gyms which usually look like large warehouses
* CrossFit is a company founded by Greg Glassman and Lauren Jenai in 2000.
* CrossFit has also become a competitive fitness sport with the rise of the CrossFit games.
3. Crossfit Equipment
4. CrossFit Workouts Include:
HIIT (high intensity interval training)
CrossFit workouts aim to improve: Balance, Coordination, Agility, Accuracy, Strength, Flexibility, Endurance, Stamina, Power, and Speed.
5. Criticism of CrossFit
Many trainers and doctors criticize CrossFit because of the risk of injury. Some of the exercises require a high level of technical ability, and some fitness experts wonder whether beginners get the type of instruction required.
Watch the video for one trainer’s view on both the pros and cons of CrossFit. This strength coach doesn’t seem to have a problem with the CrossFit workouts themselves, but with the commercialization of CrossFit, which he says allows people to open boxes after just one weekend certification.
The most effective ingredients you need in your workout supplements.Click here to read more
Back exercises recommended by our back and Pilates expert, who also happens to be Miss Norway 2014.Click here to read more