If you need a space for guests to crash but don’t have a dedicated guest room, a sofa bed is the perfect option. Sofa beds look cute and are very comfortable, and when you’re ready to tuck in for the night you can easily transform the sofa seat into a bed. Sofa beds are also a good option for smaller spaces such as studio apartments, RVs, and dorm rooms, as the two-in-one option means you don’t have as much furniture taking up precious space. While something that is both a sofa and a bed may seem like an expensive piece of furniture, there are actually a number of cheap sofa beds that will fit your needs and your budget.
Below is a round-up of the best cheap sofa beds. Everything is under $330, and they are listed from most expensive to least expensive. You can also shop for more top-rated cheap sofa beds on Amazon.
1. Best Plush Sofa Bed: Coaster Home Furnishings Sofa Bed
This pillow top design has thick cushions that provide added comfort in both the sitting and sleeping positions. The chrome legs give the sofa bed a touch of elegance, and the tufted bonded leather with contrast stitching completes the look. The bed is large enough to sleep two smaller people, however someone over six feet tall may have their feet hanging off the end. The sofa bed is available in both black and white (more of a cream color).
Price: $364.99 and up, depending on color
- Pillow top cushions are thick and comfy
- Chrome legs add an updated look
- Available in black and white
- More expensive than other sofa beds
- May be too short for someone over six feet tall
- Some reviewers had issues with the white sofa bed showing stains
2. Best Bright Sofa Bed: HomCom Folding Futon Sofa Bed
If you’re looking for a statement furniture piece, this bright blue sofa bed will do the trick. The sofa bed can extend to 61 inches so it’s nice and big when in bed mode, and there are two pillows added for extra comfort. The outer cover is removable and washable, so it’s very easy to keep clean. The mattress is medium firm, so it works well for both sitting and sleeping. With a weight capacity of 300 pounds, this sofa bed is very sturdy and has the potential to sleep two people at a time.
- Cover can be removed and is machine washable
- 61 inches wide
- 300 pound weight capacity
- Comes with two pillows
- Only one color available for this size
- Some reviewers had issues with delivery damages
- Screws can be hard to line up during assembly
3. Best Adjustable Sofa Bed: Kodiak Futon Sofa Couch
This plush sofa couch provides multiple options for sitting and sleeping. You can keep both arms up for sitting, drop one side down for lounging, or drop both down for sleeping. The mattress is 5-6 inches thick, so it’s very comfortable for long periods of sitting or sleeping. It also comes with two pillows on the back for additional padding while you’re sitting, and the whole thing sits atop a metal powder coated black frame and wood slats. The fabric has a suede finish which looks really nice, but is not waterproof. There are 28 colors and patterns available ranging from posh blue to English garden, so you won’t have any trouble matching your existing decor.
Price: $264.90 and up (depending on color)
- Three positions for sitting and sleeping
- Multiple colors and prints available
- Mattress is six inches thick
- Easy to assemble, tools included
- Spot clean only
- More expensive than other cheap sofa beds
- Mattress may take a few days to fully inflate
4. Best Split-Back Sofa Bed: Langria Convertible Futon Sofa Bed
With five different reclining options and a split back design, this futon is very versatile. The sofa bed is adjusted with a click-clack mechanism that can be set at five different angles between 108 and 180 degrees, so you can sit, recline back to watch a move, or stretch out and go to sleep. Two people can easily sit on the sofa bed as it has six supportive legs and a 600 pound weight capacity, and because there is a split back, each person can recline to their preference. The grey linen fabric is soft and will match most color palettes, and the cushions are padded enough to keep you comfortable throughout a long TV session or night’s sleep.
Price: $199.99 (50 percent off MSRP)
- Five reclining positions
- 600 pound weight capacity
- Grey linen will match most decor
- Split back design
- No arm rests on the sofa
- Assembly required
- Only one color available
5. Best Two-Tone Sofa Bed: Modern Two-Tone Convertible Sleeper
Made with two-tone fabrics, this sofa bed is a nice statement piece for your guest room. Unlike other sofa beds that convert by pushing down the backrest, this bed folds out so the mattress is on the floor. When fully extended, the mattress is the size on an XL twin, so it’s best used for kids or smaller adults. The mattress is made with memory foam, and two additional cushions are included for extra comfort. Because of it’s cute design and smaller size, this would be a great fit for a tiny home or kid’s room.
- Two tone colors in three different combinations available
- Converts by folding out rather than pushing down the backrest
- Memory foam mattress is comfortable
- Two cushions included
- XL twin size may be too small for tall people
- Mattress is a little firmer at the top due to the frame
- Can only fit one person for sleeping
6. Best Folding Mattress Sofa Bed: Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Mattress Sofa Bed
Extending to a queen size and made with high density memory foam, this sofa bed is ideal for those who will be using their sofa bed more for sleeping than sitting. The sofa bed doesn’t have a frame so it’s low to the ground, and it’s best placed against a wall as the back is on the lower side when folded up to sofa mode. Large enough to easily fit two people, the bed is made with 4.5 inches of memory foam so it’s very comfortable and works great as a guest bed. It’s also really easy to keep clean, as the cover is removable and washable.
Price: $139.99 (26 percent off MSRP)
- 4.5 inch memory foam mattress
- Easy to fold and convert from sofa to sleeping mode
- Removable, washable cover
- Big enough for two people to sleep on
- Needs to be place against a wall to more comfortably sit on the sofa
- No handles so it can be hard to move around
- Only one color
7. Best Floor Sofa Bed: Merax PU Leather Leisure Sofa Bed
If you prefer to stay a little closer to the ground when you’re lounging around, this sofa bed doesn’t have a frame and lays right on the floor. The back has five different positions that you can easily convert to, so it’s great for gaming or movie watching. It’s also comfortable enough to sleep on for the night, and it comes with two pillows for additional comfort. A little on the smaller side, this sofa bed would be great in a kid or teenager’s room. The sofa bed is available in black, brown, and beige, and the PU leather is very easy to maintain.
Price: $129.90-$139.90 (depending on the color)
- Great for floor lounging
- Five adjustable positions
- Two pillows included
- PU leather is easy to keep clean
- When delivered, box is awkward to carry by yourself
- More suitable for kids or smaller adults due to its size
- No option to lift it off the ground if you want to sit higher
8. Best Contemporary Sofa Bed: DHP Emily Futon Sofa Bed
With a rectangular shape, tufted fabric, and chrome legs, this sleek sofa bed is very modern looking and will add an updated look to your living or guest space. The sofa bed is easily converted by just pushing the back of the sofa, and it’s about the size of a twin bed once it’s fully flattened. If you want a queen size sleeping space, you can add the Emily chaise lounger on the side. The fabric can easily be wiped clean, and it’s available in gray, navy, or burgundy linen, or black or vanilla faux leather.
- Sleek modern look
- Fabric is easy to wipe clean
- Easy to assemble – just screw on the legs
- Flattens to the size of a twin bed
- Bed is a little firm for some people’s preferences
- Sofa does not have arm rests
- Some reviewers had issues with the fabric wearing over time
9. Best Simple Sofa Bed: Dorel Home Products Kebo Futon
This futon has a nice simple design that won’t take away from your existing guest or living space. With a shorter back and width of 69 inches, this sofa bed looks sleek while still providing enough space to sit multiple people, and it has a weight capacity of 600 pounds. To convert it into a bed, just push down the backrest, and one person or even two kids could comfortably sleep on the mattress. Available in charcoal, black, chocolate brown, and red, you can order a more neutral color to blend in with your space, or the bold red to add a focal piece to your room.
Price: $118.12 and up, depending on color
- Sleek and simple design
- Easily converts from sit to sleep mode
- Multiple color choices
- Weight capacity of 600 pounds
- Cushion may be too hard for some people
- Not big enough for someone over six feet tall to sleep on
- Short backrest may be uncomfortable for some
- Box can be hard to move by yourself
10. Best Inflatable Sofa Bed: Intex Inflatable Sofa Futon
If you don’t have a ton of space or just need a sofa bed every now and then, an inflatable sofa bed may be a good option. This two-in-one air mattress can be used as a couch for watching TV, reading, or hanging out, and it easily folds out into a queen sized bed when you need it for sleeping. There are also cup holders on the arms that make it a perfect hangout spot. This would be ideal for a dorm room, camping, or for guests if you don’t have a dedicated guest room. When it’s not in use, you can just deflate, roll it up, and place it in a closet or under your bed. The soft grey color is a nice neutral, and the material is easy to wipe clean. While it’s not a solid frame and cushions, it’s still pretty comfortable and you can’t beat the price.
- Inexpensive compared to other sofa beds
- Can sit and sleep two people
- Two cup holders on the arm rests
- Easy to wipe clean
- Need to purchase a pump
- Not a solid frame with cushions
- Some reviewers had issues with repairing holes if material got punctured