Famed hip-hop record spinner DJ Clue, 38, was arrested in the early hours of this morning after being stopped at a police checkpoint in New York City, reports NBC4.
This is a breaking story so stay tuned for updates and photos.
Here’s what we know so far…
1. Clue was Pulled Over at a Routine Checkpoint
The celebrity DJ, whose real name is Ernesto Shaw, was pulled over at an NYPD checkpoint on Varick Street in Greenwich Village at around 2 a.m. Wednesday, April 3. At first, law enforcement were holding him for driving with a suspended license, according to reports, he has had his license suspended eight times.
2. A Further Search Revealed More Than a Suspended License
After searching Clue’s black Range Rover, police found three pills concealed in tin foil. He was then charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in addition to the suspended sentence charge.
3. He Will be Arraigned in Court in Manhattan Today
4. He was at the Forefront of New York’s 90s Hip-Hop Scene
DJ Clue first rose to fame from working with Notorious B.I.G. in the early 1990s, and later DMX. He was previously a radio host on Hot 97, but moved to Power 105.1 recently. He also owns his own record label, Desert Storm.
5. There has Been no Comment on the Incident from DJ Clue’s Camp