A New York City vagrant, Dan Sandler, 49, who made some extra money by taking photos with tourists while he was dressed as Elmo, has pleaded not guilty to charges of trying to extort money from the Girl Scouts, reports My Fox NY.
Here’s what you need to know about this sicko…
1. He allegedly sent threatening emails to a Girl Scouts employee
When Sandler was previously an temporary employee of the Girl Scouts, he allegedly sent harassing emails and left voice mails for his supervisor.
2. Sandler wanted the Girl Scouts to award him a job for life, with a salary of $150,000 per year or a one-off $2 million pay off.
According to prosecutors, Sandler threatened to spread false allegations about sex abuse within the Girl Scouts. One of his emails read:
I want a telecommute job from home of life at 150K … Or a two million dollar cash settlement. As you know, the newspapers like to cover my evil Elmo scenario.
3. He was caught on video making a vile anti-Semitic rant
He alleges in the video filmed last year in Times Square that Jewish people are the reason he is homeless.
4. Sandler’s bail has been set at $200,000
His lawyer attempted to get the bail lowered because his client has “mental health issues.”
5. He is accused of once running a website in Cambodia called “Rape Camp”
In 1999, Sandler was arrested and deported for running a pornographic web site in Phnom Penh, Cambodia called “Rape Camp”, reported the New York Times.
The site featured “Asian sex slaves” who were used for “bondage, discipline and humiliation,” according to a study done on the site by the University of Rhode Island.