Reports indicate a shooting has taken place at North Carolina Central University, reports WRAL. The alert came through at 2:36 p.m. with the college being given the all-clear at 3 p.m. as the suspect was no longer thought to be on campus.
#NCCU Eagle Alert: The NCCU campus is on lockdown. Please stay away from all windows and doors. There is a possible active shooter on campus
— N.C. Central Univ. (@NCCU) November 21, 2013
This is a breaking story so please stay tuned to updates.
Here’s what we know so far:
1. A lockdown in the school has now been lifted. Students and staff had been advised to stay away from windows and doors and to seek shelter, reports WITN.
The campus siren warning went off.
2. An ABC11 news chopper showed man being escorted by police with his hands on his head. That man was the gunman’s target, he was not injured. The victim is now believed to be talking to police. The suspect was last seen driving a green Audi.
3. ABC 11 have said that there are no injuries in the shooting.
4. We don’t know where exactly the shooting took place. Although police activity the Mary M. Townes Science Building.
5. The school is located in Durham, North Carolina about three miles east of Duke University.