A stabbing has been reported at Bulkeley High in Hartford, Connecticut, according to the Deputy Chief of the Hartford Police Department Brian Foley.
This is a breaking story so stay tuned for updates.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. One male student was stabbed in the chest. He was transported to hospital. The student is conscious and not in life-threatening condition. CBS Connecticut reports that he’s being treated at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
2. A fight at the rear entrance to the school ended with the stabbing. Both of those involved in the stabbing are students.
— Kelly Glista (@KellyGlistaHC) May 7, 2014
3. Police have a suspect in custody, reports WFSB.
4. Police will hold a press conference on the attack shortly.
5. It isn’t known how many students were in the school at the time of the attack.