Dr. Jan Seski: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Dr. Jan Seski: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Jan Seski, Dr Jan Seski

Dr. Jan Seski poses with a Caracal cat he killed during a hunt in South Africa in 2012.

Another American doctor is facing accusations that he illegally hunted and killed a lion near the Hwange national park in Zimbabwe.

The country’s Parks and Wildlife Management Authority identified Dr. Jan Casimir Seski, of Murrysville, Pennsylvania, as a suspect in the April killing of a lion that has been deemed to be illegal following an investigation that intensified after the death of Cecil the lion in early July.

Dr. Walter Palmer, a 55-year-old dentist from Minnesota, was identified last week as the suspect in Cecil’s killing and has been in hiding since, while facing possible charges in Zimbabwe and the wrath of the Internet.

Seski, 68, has not yet commented on the accusations.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Like Cecil, the Lion Was Hunted & Killed on a Farm Near the National Park

Jan Seski, Dr Jan Seski, pennsylvania doctor hunt lion killed zimbabwe

Seski poses with a Nyala, one of 10 animals he killed during a hunt in South Africa. (Bowhunting Safari Consultants LLC/Facebook)

The Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority said in a press release that the lion was hunted and killed illegally on Railway Farm 31, which is near Hwange national park. Details of the hunt and killing haven’t been made public.

The agency has identified the Zimbabwean land owner as Headman Sibanda, who allegedly breached hunting regulations because he didn’t have a quota and permit at his farm. He also owns Nyala Safaris, which conducted the hunt. Dr. Jan Seski has been identified as Sibanda’s client.

Police said Sibanda is assisting in the investigation.

Cecil the lion was also killed on land outside the national park, the Antoninette farm, and the property owner, Honest Trymore Ndlovu, and the hunter hired by Walter Palmer, Theo Bronkhurst, have been charged criminally in connection with the illegal hunt and kill in Cecil’s death.

2. Seski Is a Bowhunter Who Has Killed Several Animals in Africa

Jan Seski, Dr Jan Seski

(Melorani Safaris/Facebook)

Like Dr. Walter Palmer, Dr. Jan Seski is a bowhunter. Photos posted on social media and hunting websites show Seski with several kills, including dead elephants and hippos.

Bowhunting Safari Consultants LLC posted on its Facebook page in December 2013 that Seski killed a trophy Nyala and nine other animals during a recent safari.

The same safari company posted in August 2012 that Seski had returned from a trip to Zimbabwe with a trophy Caracal cat.

Grizzly Stik, an arrow-maker, posted a photo of Seski in September 2014 with an elephant, saying it was the sixth he had elephant shot and killed. The company said:

For this hunt Jan used our custom-built GrizzlyStick Momentum UFOC 175 arrows cut to 29 inches and fletched with 4-inch DuraVanes to accommodate his finger-shooting style. The arrows weighed 1275 grains when topped with a 315-grain AshbyBroadhead with a FOC of 29%. Shot from an 85# Matthews Monster bow, this set-up generated 106 ft. lbs. kinetic energy.

The arrow was shot quartering into the elephant, penetrated a rib and one lung, lacerated the heart and liver, and was recovered in the gut. The elephant went a short distance and died. With results like this, no wonder Jan is a firm supporter of our Ultra-Magnum Arrow System.

Several photos showing Seski’s kills were also posted to the website Alaska Bowhunting Supply, which sells Grizzly Stik products.

3. He Is a Gynecological Oncologist in Pittsburgh

Jan Seski

(seskiandassociates.com)

Dr. Jan Seski is a gynecological oncologist and operates a practice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Jan Seski M.D. and Associates.

According to Seski’s website, Seski graduated from the University of Michigan medical school and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. He also completed a fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at the University of Texas’ MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and also served as a member of the faculty there.

Seski moved to Pittsburgh in 1981 and has held academic positions there, including as the Division Director of Gynecologic Oncology at Allegheny General Hospital.

“He was a pioneer and leader in the development of bloodless surgery for Jehovah’s Witnesses and currently is the Medical Director for the Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery at Allegheny General Hospital,” his website states. “As a winner of multiple teaching awards, he is highly regarded for his skills as an educator as well as a clinician. He has authored numerous scientific publications in medical journals and textbook sections.”

Seski is also a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American College of Surgeons.

“He is a renowned gynecologic oncologist and surgeon with over 30 years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of female cancers as well as a host of complicated benign gynecologic conditions,” Seski’s website states.

Seski lives with his wife in a gated community in Murrysville, Pennsylvania, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“We hardly know him because he’s up there in his own little world,” a neighbor, Thalia Fowlkes, told the newspaper. “He’s not somebody you talk to. If you see him, he’s like, ‘What are you doing here?’”

4. His Practice Was Fined in 2013 for Buying Unapproved Foreign Drugs

Jan Seski, Dr Jan Seski

(Xodus Medical/Vimeo)

Dr. Jan Seski’s practice was fined by the U.S. government in 2013 after pleading guilty to buying unapproved foreign drugs. The practice paid a $100,000 fine.

The U.S. Attorney’s office said:

In pleading guilty earlier today before Judge Crawford, the medical practice admitted that between December 4, 2008 and May 25, 2011, the practice ordered $973,795 worth of foreign versions of the oncology drugs Eloxatin7, Gemzar7, and Taxotere7 from GlobalRxStore.com and had them shipped through Oberlin Medical Supply of San Diego. The drugs ordered by the practice were determined to be foreign versions of these drugs and were not approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in the United States.

Dr. Walter Palmer also had a history of wrongdoing. He pleaded guilty in 2009 to a felony charge of making a false statement to federal authorities. Palmer admitted he killed a bear in Wisconsin in an area he was not permitted to do so, and then lied about where it was killed to cover it up. He was fined and put on probation for a year. He also settled a sexual harassment claim with a former employee in a separate case. Read about that at the link below:

5. Zimbabwe Has Suspended Lion, Leopard & Elephant Hunting Outside Hwange Park

Jan Seski, Dr Jan Seski

Seski with an elephant he killed. (AlaskaBowHunting.com)

Zimbabwean officials announced on Saturday new restrictions on the hunting of lions, leopards and elephants.

According to the Associated Press, the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority has suspended hunting of lions, leopards and elephants by anyone who does not have the permission of the agency’s director.

“Hunting of lions, leopards and elephants outside of Hwange National Park has been suspended with immediate effect,” Zimbabwe’s wildlife authority said in a statement, according to the AP. Hunters inside Hwange must get authorization from the wildlife authority’s top official and be accompanied by parks staff.

Linda

What a dick chode. Bet his small penis has something to do with his pathetic attitude and need to kill beautiful animals. Paying someone to bring you to a animal isnt hunting, its cowardy and pathetic.

Isn’t Jan a girls name?
Must be you loser no dick piece of shit. Hitler was better man you even though you both share the same impotence problem.

Roberta B

Dr. Seski is a wonderful doctor who saves HUMAN lives. Perhaps all the crazies posting these horrible remarks should remember that fact. I thank God everyday that he was there when I needed him, his expertise , his compassion and his comforting treatment. I had stage 3 (of 3stages) cancer when I found him and I am alive today because of him. LEAVE HIM THE F… ALONE SO HE CAN CONTINUE TO SAVE HUMAN LIVES!

When you kill like he does all the so called good is out the window. Jeffery Dahmer abused animals as well. Are you going to defend him?
Maybe someone should chase you around with a bow and arrow you fuck nut.

Roberta B

Yeah right. Like anybody takes seriously a coward who goes by the name “anonymous”!

jazz

Comment left by a family member of a woman that Seski killed.

He preys on the poor and defenseless, human, which is how he ends up with the money to poach. Bagging humans as trophies because he makes money off each and every one.

“This sick doctor, Jan Seski, was unfortunately my mother’s doctor…My mother died January 2005…I can remember my mother had an operation in 2000…They had her in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after her operation…Every time my father and I was allowed to go into the ICU to see her…They would have her sedated…This went on for a week…Until I went to the front executive office…And, I told them that they were killing my mother in that Unit…The representative went up to the ICU to see my mother to see if they had her sedated…She was…And, she called my mother’s nurse over to ask her why she had sedated her…She lied and said that she did not sedate her…So, the executive said, “if you did not sedate her, then you can get her up now, right.”…I want her up now…The executive then told me to wait out in the ICU waiting room with my father…And, she would come out to get me and my father…She did…And, there was a meeting with the executive, my father, my mother’s nurse, the head ICU nurse…My father and I learned from the executive that Jan Seski was in the hospital himself…That they were going to get him out of his hospital bed to explain this…Like, my father and I asked them, who operated on my mother?…When Seski, came to the meeting out of his “hospital bed,” he said was pissed…But, so was I…My mother specifically stated that she only wanted him to operate on her…She did not want an intern…And, that is of course what she got….Seeing his picture on the TV stating he killed these innocent animals made me sick to my stomache..This man needs to be put in JAIL…Take away the key…And never leave him out…My mother suffered terribly by this fool…I say take him back to Africa and put in the same room with a wild Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Elephant,…I pray they tear to shreds…This man is worse than an animal…He is the Devil’s Apprentice…If not, the devil himself”

Ann

Dear Dr. Seski,

Last April, I had a pretty good life when you shot and killed me for no reason in Zimbabwe. I’m still trying to figure out why, as I was just a regular lion trying to protect my pride and bothering no one. I figure you must really not like yourself very much if you feel the need to do what you did to me. Well, I’ve come back to haunt you in the form of the Zimbabwean authorities, who are also wondering why you had to illegally kill me. I hope you can sleep well at night considering how you’ve hurt me, my pride, and the people of Zimbabwe.

Sincerely,
Your Lion

Nina

Imagine being his patient knowing that your money was being used to kill innocent and/or endangered animals!!! That would certainly mess up my day..

Here is the number for Seski’s Practice: (412) 621 – 2888
Press option 2 and you will be connected to a 24 hour live answering service. As to speak to a Supervisor. They will decline to tell you what company they are with, but one of their reps disclosed its Teleplex. Let’s let them know what we think of them working for the alleged poacher.

Gaurawalla

GROW UP!!! Do your parents know what you are doing?

BTW, passport records say IT WASN’T HIM!

Jan Jones

Thank you for exposing these vile and sick human beings. No one should trust them in any way, especially not medically. They clearly have a lust for inflicting pain and harm. What must go through their minds to be able to commit such atrocities to living things.

Close call

My wife ran into dr seski at the mall late in the evening one day last week. They were talking and my wife casually mentioned she was having trouble with her beaver. Early the next morning dr seski was at our door with his bow and arrow.He had a crazed look on his face, like he was in a trance. He was dressed in brand new camo. Not the cheap wall mart stuff, this was cabelas, head to toe. I slowly talked the dr out of his trance. I did not want to snap him out of it all at once for fear he would go on a killing spree and shoot the neighbors poodles. After he came out of it I mentioned his nice camo outfit. He told me that when he kills animals that are going extinct sometimes he gets blood and fur on his camo. He likes to look good when he poses with that shit eating grin standing over dead animals. After the small talk I asked him why he was at my house. He said he was here because of my wife’s beaver. I laughed and told him we lived in the middle of the concrete jungle not the jungle jungle.i shooed the good doctor away, and told him he could get all the bloody meat he needed at the Kroger down the street. The rest of that day I kept wondering if that sob was going to pose with my wife’s beaver with that shit eating grin.

Rick

When dr seski says “let’s talk about the elephant in the room”. He literally means let’s talk about the elephant in the room.

erwerwe

my classmate’s mother-in-law makes $84 an hour on the internet . She has been out of work for 6 months but last month her paycheck was $19451 just working on the internet for a few hours.
Visit Website See More

ron hollick

In 1995,my 75 year old mother had stage 4 colon and cervical cancer,Dr.seski treated her and performed surgery on her on a Saturday because of the urgntcy,his staff told me he never before did Saturday surgery,cut to the chase my mother recovered and lived 20 years before dying at age 95,but wait did the magnificent dr. seski save her?my mother had friends who prayed for her,I had an experience that none would believe,GOD saved my mother,If she or I knew he was killing animals like he is accused of we both would have walkedout of his office,what a demented fool? really posing with animals that are near extinction in some instances,what a jerk,sorry we gave you the previliage of having my mother and al the payments to you for funding your great expeditions,hope you come back in an afterlife as one of those hunted animals,really that was you relief from the pressures of practicing,you should have been an alcoholic of sorts

jazz

Ron, your mother was lucky. He was buying illegal contaminated foreign drugs to give patients so he could make more profit.

Also he often had interns doing the actual surgery. This is from another patient’s family member. They were not so lucky. the corrrupt medical licensing boards let people like this get away with it. it is all about the money, and people often have no idea what these criminals are up to.

Anti Hunter

All this long erroneous post exposes is that the majority of people have no idea what goes on in a complicated surgery and postoperative course, and blame the doctors regardless of what happens. You have no idea. Smh

Walter

Jan this is Walter. I saw your pics on the internet and I must say “you are not up to my standards you pathetic excuse for a human. My lion was more famous than yours”. Just kidding. It warms my reptilian brain and stirs my loins to see a fellow blood thirsty dr. There is nothing like the feeling of slipping it in a warm piece of meat while other men are there cheering you on. Maybe you can come and visit my hunt club after this blows over. We just put new linoleum down in the masterbation room and it is well stocked with any type of lube that you desire. I can slip out something special from the office and we can give each other novacane injections in each other’s penises if you let me know when you will be here. Let me know ahead of time and I will fast, so we can do each other. Remember “what happens at the hunt club, stays at the hunt club”.

Famous lions or not, illegal hunting or not, it’s time to ban trophy hunting once and for all. What makes these rich twits any different from illegal poachers? In fact, it’s the same type of greed that fuels the poaching industry. There is NO reason to hunt a giraffe or lion or elephant or lynx or leopard or rhino except to pose with its corpse and hang its head on your wall like some psychopath. Only demented and mentally ill people with loads of money call this disgusting hobby a sport. For those that want to call us bleeding heart liberals for speaking out against such inhumanity, or who want to assume that we only care about animal rights and not human rights, you are ignorant. Injustice is wrong in all forms, be it human or animal. Who does this for fun, and lures and tricks an animal in order to make it easier to kill and then uses a cross bow to make sure the animal suffers the most and dies the slowest? Who poses the corpse after the kill and keeps evidence of their kills as trophies and relives the pleasure they found in such murder? Oh, that would be serial killers…..and trophy hunters. Only difference is serial killers are eventually caught and imprisoned for their crimes, while these “hunters” go back to their jobs in medicine of all things and such. You want to call this sport? Then let’s even the playing field so the animal has just as much a chance at killing you. No camouflage, no trackers, no gps, no bait…just you and the lion in a ring with the only weapons you were born with. Let’s see how you do then. And that’s what makes you cowards. You kill giraffes which is about as pathetic as killing a puppy. You kill for the pleasure to kill, and that makes you no different than a murderer. Human or animal, doesn’t matter-it’s a living, breathing, feeling creature with a family unit that deserves respect and the right to life just as much as the pathetic and heartless souls that feel its their right to “take” its life away for fun..

Vi

Another psycho with mental illness. If he can kill this beloved animals, this Satan evil doctor can also kill human beings!!! Beware of this psycho!!! He is sick in his head.

dr chaikin dvm

I find it hard to believe that these 2 scumbags didnt lose their medical license w all the illegal shit they did in the past. I just cant understand how these 2 fukheads can get pleasure by killing an elephant wc by the way is highly intelligent. These 2 fukin cowards if they think there tough, why dont we put them in an arena like the gladiators. If they are real men. Bottom line they should lose their license to practice medicine. What fukin assholes. They should be tarred and feathered and dropped in the jungle .

jazz

Palmer lives mostly off his wife Tonette Evans money.

Her family money is what pays for both Walter and Tonette to poach. She does it too. Wall Street type parasites.

“Tonette Palmer also known as Toni Palmer is the daughter of one of the Jensen brothers that founded Norman G. Jensen.

NGJ founded in 1937 in North Dakota by brothers Norman and Gordon Jensen is one of the biggest Customs Brokers companies, today the company is run by Toni along her siblings Gordon, Dennis and Mary and her husband Steve Midthun.”

I’ll bet you couldn’t get any type of treatment, cancer or otherwise, from the “special” doctors if you didn’t have insurance. See how far you get if you needed their specialties….not very far. Money talks, no money, no help!!

Giant pieces of shiat who have too much money and not enough thrills in their life that the it way they get off is killing. No different than serial killers mentally

elizabeth

Just look at all the NRA/Crossbow trolls on here…I hope these wretched so-called doctors of “life”(?) get what is coming to them. Thanks for calling them out here. And I do hope they will all reap what they sow…in this case an arrow in their mindless hearts…then butcher them and hang them out. Life for Life!!! And good riddance. Women…”get a female doctor for your body please…and kick these creeps to the gutter where they belong.

jazz

Many of them are Safari Club International, the organized crime of poachers who contribute lots of graft to corrupt politicians. These two doctors are part of that.

i hope people start listing the politicians they contribute to to help them commit crimes.