Leon Balfour Jr.: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Leon Balfour Jr.: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Leon Balfour turned himself in after slamming a 69-year old woman into the concrete ground and throwing her into a pool. (Twitter)

A 16-year-old boy has turned himself into Broward County authorities after a video showing him throwing an elderly woman to the ground and the tossing her into a nearby pool went viral.

Leon Balfour Jr. of Margate surrendered to police May 8 and has reportedly been charged with battery on a person 65 years or older, 7News WSVN reported.

The Miami Herald reported that Balfour was accompanied by his mother and his lawyer while he turned himself in.

He was processed at the Broward County Juvenile Assessment Center before being transported to the Broward Regional Juvenile Facility.

In the video, Balfour picks up 69-year-old Nancy James, who was walking her dogs, and slams her to the concrete ground before throwing her into a pool.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Balfour Was at a Pool Party With Hundreds of People When He Assaulted James

In the above video, Balfour is the one in the red shirt that unexpectedly walks up to James, who was telling the group of about 200 people at Players Place Apartment Complex in North Lauderdale, Florida, to turn down their music.

Balfour lifts James up into the air and appears to slip on the wet ground, falling and slamming her into the ground outside of the pool. James still has at least one leash from her dogs attached to her wrist as a scream saying “throw her in” to the pool is heard from someone else at the party.

Balfour forcibly picks her up off of the ground almost immediately and throws her into the pool while falling in with her.

The rest of the party clears out of the pool area and can be heard screaming and laughing at what had just occurred.

The Herald reported that James suffered minor injuries — bruises to her shoulder and thigh — from the fall and was released from a hospital the morning of May 8.

James’ two dogs were unharmed in the incident, but ran away after she was thrown into the pool. A neighbor at the complex chased them down and returned them to James.

“Thank God, nice kids that live here, they helped me,” James said to WSVN 7News. “They went and they found my dog for me. The kids that live here are wonderful kids.”

2. James Said She Thinks Balfour Will Learn His Lesson

Balfour (Facebook)

James initially opted to not speak with the media after the incident, but ended up doing so to Local 10 News and a couple of other outlets. She said that she was shocked as to what happened, especially with Balfour being so young.

“No one should ever, ever, ever, ever, have to go through that, you know?” James said to Local 10 News. “It just shouldn’t happen. The kid has not evolved yet into what you’re supposed to be as a human being.”

James, who is on the apartment complex’s association board, said that she asked the party to turn down the music because she heard several complaints from other neighbors about the noise level.

“Kids are kids, no matter what,” she said. “They’re going to have parties, just lower the music.”

She said she feels a little sore from the injuries she suffered, but is happy knowing that Balfour will likely learn his lesson.

“Black and blue, but you know what, he’s not gonna ever do this to anyone else,” she said to 7News.

3. His Father Is In Prison For Committing Murder

Leon Balfour-Joseph (Dark Side of America)

Reports say that Balfour is the son of convicted murderer Leon Sean Balfour-Joseph.

The elder Balfour is serving a sentence for stabbing a man — 31-year-old Darrol Henry — to death during a fight. He was charged with first-degree murder after he was arrested and was later convicted.

The fight between the two men occurred in the afternoon on August 31, 2008 in Coral Springs. He isn’t set to be released from prison until November 21, 2027.

In 2012, Balfour filed an appeal to the State of Florida, saying that he killed Henry because of of self-defense. He had argued that Henry attacked him with the knife first, but several witnesses said they saw Balfour grab a knife from inside of his house and chase Henry around a parking lot.

Read the full appeal in the document below:

Balfour murder appeal by Chris on Scribd

The state denied the appeal saying that witness accounts tell a different story than Balfours.

4. Balfour’s Actions Caused a Huge Uproar With Neighbors

Leon Balfour (Facebook)

Witnesses and neighbors at the complex were in disbelief at what happened at the place they call home.

One resident, Stacey Gaudrau, told 7News that she could have been the one to get assaulted instead of James.

“If it got too late, I probably would have gone over there and tell them to turn it down,” Gaudrau said. “It could have been me. It could have been me. I could have gone over there, and it could have been me.”

The cry for justice was so strong online that a few internet communities took the viral video frame-by-frame in an attempt to track down the suspect. Soon enough, a few sleuths connected the dots to Balfour’s social media accounts and made them public. He then made all accounts private before turning himself in to authorities.

5. Balfour Attends High School In Coral Springs

Leon Balfour turned himself in after slamming a 69-year old woman into the concrete ground and throwing her into a pool. (Facebook)

According to his social media accounts, Balfour attends Coral Springs High School. The school is about a 10-minute drive from where the incident took place at the complex.

In May 2013, the school had an enrollment of 2,385 students. It’s located in Broward County and is largely known for its football team.

It’s the same school that was featured in Morgan Spurlock‘s 2011 documentary film titled The Greatest Movie Ever Sold. Spurlock went to the campus and contracted illustrator Michelle Morse to paint a mural that was a public work for Coral Springs while also promoting the film’s context.

The mural didn’t last too long, however, as it was defaced in 2013 and much of the original artwork was erased.

Shlomo Shunn

Leon is being raised by a single sheboon momster, one who done boned a bonafide killer. Her son wears a “Slayer” tee. Figures.

Young Balfour attends a hahskoo noted for fooball and bassetbaw. An artistic mural there got defaced and graffiti’d by de Sons o’ Kunta Kinte. The students there are all Harvard-bound, I’m sure.

When black clouds and crowds gather, storms of one kind or another inevitably ensue.

Obama has a new son! Leon Balfour Obama looks just like his dad, Barry Soetoro!

I just wanna know if the people that told him to try to kill the old lady are happy with what happened. I’m gonna guess that they are THRILLED!

The feral ape didn’t fall far from the feral ape tree, did it?

I would never confront neighbors (or anyone else) about a matter that should be handled by the police. I’ve complained before and the first thing cops say is: can you go ask them to do whatever, or knock on their door and ask them to do whatever? Uh, no! I refuse to knock on anyone’s door (I don’t know) or confront a crowd. That’s YOUR job, policeman. I live in a very nice, upscale neighborhood in Silicon Valley. I had a very small issue with some plants that cover mine and neighbors side area. They were blowing all kinds of dust and such onto our porch. It would stick to everything it touched. I never see the people at the next house so I left a note. I read it 3 times to be sure there was nothing offensive. Just a simple note to say Hi! and that I would replace the plants but my elderly mom, blah, blah. She came to my door and yelled and screamed and said my note was harsh! I knew it wasn’t but I apologized and said I certainly didn’t mean anything negative. She wouldn’t hear it. I said, well, what part of the note is harsh? Let’s go through it so I know. She wasn’t having any of it. She wanted an argument. She said the whole note was harsh. I let her vent and scream until I had enough. I stepped out and said, let’s cut to the chase. Are you going to replace the plants or am I? She rolled her eyes and said, We will do that. And I went inside. To top it off, she had her little boy with her, knowing she was going to confront me in this manner. Way to raise your son to bully women! So, no thanks. You should just call the cops or learn to live with it.

adnan S.

Love white people issues like this. Did you call Nancy Pelosi too sweetie?

Ashiraf warner

ARE u trying to threat me or something fool coz i aint fear no body pig accept Allah just let them trck me they will never like it pigs kafir am gonna stay doing what am doing kafiruns and even kill all of u pigs black white hispanic and chines all of u in ur kinds INSHA ALLAH only those in them who are kafirun # Isil

Jack

The town would be burning if a group of White teens and young adults picked up and slammed a black grandmother to the ground and then into the pool. Whites would be killed. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNBC and celebrities would urge young blacks into the street to exact blood, and they would. Eventually, Whites are going to have to fight back. Our schools have pussified our children into believing black lives matter and White lives don’t.

Rev. SoulGlo (@RevSoulGlo)

Hopefully this will be a learning experience for him and he will get on the right track. But he should definitely be punished for his actions. That woman could have been hurt or killed when she hit the ground and he would be facing a different set of charges.

jack jones

The Lamestreet-Gaystreet media won’t like you watching this. The Silverback Ape Promoting media maggots hide this on purpose.
Anyone think the race pimps like Sharpton Jackson Obama VanJones will talk about this ?

Ashiraf warner

yeah Those kafirun pigs deserve to pay a price I wish she die BI IDHIN ALLAH so that they revenge back thats what we like to see in america hapen

JOHN MAYOR

Ashiraf!… and how shall I put this?… when a “Government Employee” reads your response, and “discerns” your “ENERGY”, he or she may visit your “IP address”, to check on your status! You’re reading a tad D-A-R-K, Warner!… and some Government Employees may take OFFENSE to your– how shall I say it?– O-M-I-N-O-U-S-I-T-Y! It may not be RADICALIZATION!.. but, it reads FATALISTIC!
Please!… no emails!

Ashiraf warner

By the way john mayor u a kafir am just gonna have to look for u and kill u pig INSHA ALLAH # Isil

JOHN MAYOR

Leon Balfour!… Jesus Loves you, and he died for you!… and Nancy James loves you too! B-U-T!… Y-O-U-‘-R-E N-O-T A-S F-U-N-N-Y A-S Y-O-U T-H-I-N-K Y-O-U A-R-E!!
If you, Leon Balfour, want D-R-O-P D-E-A-D C-O-M-E-D-Y R-O-U-T-I-N-E-S, then you’re going to have to do D-R-O-P D-E-A-D H-O-M-E-W-O-R-K!! And the Custodian to your Complex, is not a PROP on some TV or film set, and she wasn’t HIRED by the Complex to do PRATFALLS F-O-R Y-O-U-R A-M-U-S-E-M-E-N-T!!
Leon!… WE GET the “family thing”!… and I think most who have read your story, can understand some of the CRAZINESS that went on at home! But that doesn’t mean that you should lose out, just because some others in your family have found it difficult to address some personal issues! Y-O-U, have got a life to live, and they’ve got their’s!… and sometimes, you’ve just got to get away from the issues of others!
Folks!… a Judge will most likely want to seek some “Behavioral Assessment” for Leon!… and to determine to what extent his “acting out”, is based on more DEEP SEATED issues at home! And that’s REASONABLE! And although some might scream for some jail time, I– personally!– don’t view that as a REALISTIC OPTION! Instead!… but pending, of course, the outcome of the Behavioral Assessment!… I think a S-O-U-N-D DIVERSION PROGRAM, would be a much better option! And, for example, helping Nancy James (for as long as the Court deems advisable!) with her duties around the Complex! And that!… coupled with the LOVE Nancy has expressed publicly for James, and for the other youth!… would afford Nancy James, a T-R-U-C-K-L-O-A-D of “street cred”, at Players Place! And from thence forward, I don’t think ANYONE there, will soon forget Nancy James!
Leon!… if you think being FUNNY is a “walk in the park”!… OR A DUNK IN THE POOL!… then I don’t think you know A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G about what it takes to be an ENTERTAINER, and, E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-I-N-G!!
Please!… no emails!

JOHN MAYOR

Matthew Chapter 5 states:…
21) You have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22) But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, ‘Raca,’ will be subject to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be subject to the fire of hell. [Berean Study Bible]
A F-O-O-L is someone who is WHOLLY EVIL!… and I wouldn’t even label Donald Trump that! But!… and to be honest!… and I don’t how to categorize him! And so… to speak this way of people in general, is an indication of a FATAL BEHAVIORAL FLAW!… S-T-O-P D-O-I-N-G I-T! It is G-O-D-‘-S reserve, as to who is to receive such a label! And!… A-L-L have sinned, and have fallen short of the GLORY of GOD! If you’re a praying soul!… and you want the BEST outcome here!… then fold your hands! Otherwise, you’re no more helpful, than a banana!
Please!… no emails!