Former The Fox News Specialist host Eric Bolling will not be appearing on Fox News again. The television personality and former Wall Street trader was suspended on August 5 after the Huffington Post published allegations from three women that he sent an unsolicited lewd photo via text messages several years ago. On September 8, Fox News and Bolling parted ways. Bolling has denied the claims.
Fox News announced on September 8 that Bolling and Fox News have split after the investigation into the claims. As a result, The Fox News Specialists has been cancelled.
The controversy began on August 4, when The Huffington Post reported on allegations from two Fox Business colleagues and one Fox News colleague that he sent an unsolicited photo of male genitalia to them. The Huffington Post cited 14 anonymous sources and the women confirmed the allegations, but did not reveal their identities.
One accuser, Caroline Heldman, came forward on Monday.
According to the report, the three women did not ask for the photo and told their colleagues that they thought it was offensive. One of the women told the Huffington Post that she told Bolling not to sent photos like that again, but he never responded.
After the report was published, a Fox News spokesperson issued the following statement to Heavy.com: “We were just informed of this late Friday afternoon via a Huff Post inquiry and plan to investigate the matter.”
“Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made,” Bolling’s attorney, Michael J. Bowe, told the Huffington Post.
On Saturday, Fox News told Heavy.com, “Eric Bolling has been suspended pending the results of an investigation, which is currently underway.” Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison is handling the investigation.
“Overwhelmed by all the support I have received. Thank you,” Bolling tweeted Monday morning. “I look forward to clearing my name asap.”
After Heldman came forward, Fox News issued another statement, which reads, “We are investigating this matter and all claims will be taken into account.”
Bolling has been at Fox News since 2008 and is a close friend of President Donald Trump’s. Bolling was even considered for a role in the administration, but he turned the opportunity down. He is married to Adrienne Bolling, and has one son, Eric Chase Bolling.
In May, he began hosting the daily 5 p.m. ET show The Fox News Specialists with Katherine Timpf and Eboni K. Williams when Fox News reshuffled its primetime line-up after Bill O’Reilly left. Bolling was previously one of the co-hosts on The Five, which now airs at 9 p.m. ET.
Fox News said Bolling will be replaced by rotating guest hosts during the investigation. The first guest substitute is Lisa Boothe.