Rubio & Other Republicans Slam Trump for ‘On Many Sides’ Charlottesville Statement

Donald Trump Charlottesville, Donald Trump On Many Sides, On Many Sides Getty

President Donald Trump.

President Donald Trump was criticized on both sides of the political aisle for his reaction to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, in which he said there was violence “on many sides.” Republican Senators Cory Gardner and Marco Rubio both called out the president for not calling the car incident that killed one person as “domestic terrorism.” Texas Senator Ted Cruz also called on the Department of Justice to investigate the car attack as a “grotesque act of domestic terrorism.”

Rubio of Florida added, “Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists.”

“Mr. President – we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism,” Gardner of Colorado tweeted.

Other Republican Senators later joined Rubio and Gardner by criticizing the president for not using long enough language. Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah wrote:

Senator Rob Portman called the car incident an act of domestic terrorism.

Senator John McCain issued this stern statement:

Here’s Cruz’s complete statement from Facebook:

It’s tragic and heartbreaking to see hatred and racism once again mar our great Nation with bloodshed. Heidi’s and my prayers are with the loved ones of those killed and injured in the ongoing violence in Charlottesville. The First Amendment protects the rights of all Americans to speak their minds peaceably, but violence, brutality, and murder have no place in a civilized society.
The Nazis, the KKK, and white supremacists are repulsive and evil, and all of us have a moral obligation to speak out against the lies, bigotry, anti-Semitism, and hatred that they propagate. Having watched the horrifying video of the car deliberately crashing into a crowd of protesters, I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism.
These bigots want to tear our country apart, but they will fail. America is far better than this. Our Nation was built on fundamental truths, none more central than the proposition “that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness”.

Conservative pundit Bill Kristol, who has been a Trump critic, also said Trump should have denounced bigotry in his speech.

Michael Steele, the former chair of the Republican National Committee, said Americans “have to stop the dressed up racism of alt-right nationalism.”

During his brief remarks from his golf club in New Jersey on Saturday, Trump did not call the incident “domestic terrorism” and never referred to the white supremacists who organized the “Unite the Right” rally.

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms, this display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides. On many sides,” Trump said. “It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump. Not Barack Obama. It’s been going on for a long, long time.”

When asked by NBC News to clarify what Trump meant by “on many sides,” a White House official replied, “The President was condemning hatred, bigortry and violence from all sources and all sides. There was violence between protesters and counter protesters today.”

Trump also failed to mention racism in his initial reactions on Twitter. “We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one,” he wrote.

Trump’s “on many sides” began trending on Twitter, as critics called him out for suggesting that there was violence on both sides on Saturday. Some noted that it wasn’t as strong as Trump’s repeated condemnation of “radical Islam.”

The rally was organized by white supremacists and the “alt-right” movement to protest plans to remove a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville, the home of the University of Virginia. During the protest, a car drove into a group of counter-protesters, killing one person and leaving dozens injured. CBS News reports that the suspected driver of the grey Dodge Charger is in custody.

Police called off the rally by the statue before it started, when violence broke out. Jason Kessler, who organized the “Unite the Right” rally, told CBS News that their First Amendment rights were violated by the Charlottesville city government and Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe because they “didn’t like the outcome” of a court ruling that said they could hold their event.

Other Twitter users noted that the white supremacist community has applauded Trump’s comments. Soledad O’Brien posted a screenshot of their Daily Stormer website, which noted that Trump didn’t “condemn” them. “No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him.”

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo wrote:

Here are other reactions to the president’s message.

brigadon

And this is why we need term limits for senators.
Orrin Hatch no longer speaks for 99% of Utahns, but out only voting choices are him or a psychopathic democrat.

Hercules

Trump is right.
Many sides meaning antifa.
Antifa are terrorists and voilently attack anyone that diagrees with them in the US and Europe. Antifa anarchists including Heidi are hateful, voilent terrorists.
Shame on those puppet politicians for following the (((media’s))) narrative of the “peaceful anarchist protesters”

Some stupid comments here by those who support hatred, bigotry and racism. It is on you sickening excuses for people. It is pure evil white nationalism and trump, fuelling this and those who defend it are to blame as well.

Your intolerance “evil white nationalism” is the same hate, bigotry, and racism being voiced on the other side.
Practice TOLERANCE, you won’t progress if you don’t.

brigadon

I know right? Curse those damned Poles for being bigoted against the Innocent mongols who were coming as refugees to their country! Their intolerance and bigotry FORCED the mongols to stack mountains of Polish skulls in front of their cities and murder 2/3rds of their country!

Frank Zimmerman

President Trump is taking the sane approach, rather than trying to please the over-emotional public. Nobody knows why this man drove into the counter-protesters. Where is the evidence that the nationalist group told him to do it? There are many accounts of the nationalists from the meeting who say that they were attacked by counter-protestors, pepper-sprayed, had rocks and urine thrown on them. There are videos of black people throwing rocks at veterans. It’s wrong to jump on one side in this over-heated and irrational debate, without calm consideration of all the evidence.

John K

Either Trump is ignorant of who created the violence in Charlottesville and/or he lacks a moral compass. I think “and” is the appropriate conjunctive.

JOHN MAYOR

The suggestion that Virginians should agree to place the Statue of Robert E. Lee at the bottom of Hampton Roads Harbor, rather than destroy it, is appalling!… why should the fish within Hampton Roads Harbor suffer the indignity– the disgrace!– of having to swim around this vulgar monument?
Please!… no emails!… Jesus is Lord!

JOHN MAYOR

CHRISTGOPHER: A. WRAY OF SUNSHINE
In addition to Trump FAILING to sue CNN for CNN’s refusal to air Trump’s “PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT (the which, Trump would LOSE!… as he could be shown to have attempted a violation of the CONSTITUTIONALLY SANCTIONED Security of the Person of Americans!)”, he has also FAILED to “legally challenge” an “alleged victim” at, h-t-t-p://www(dot)huffingtonpost(dot)com/lisa-bloom/why-the-new-child-rape-ca_b_10619944(dot)html, for an allegation of C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E!… and to sue alleged “FAUX NEWSERS”, that/ which have “falsly reported” the said C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E TALE! Thus, how can ANYONE– i.e., of G-O-O-D C-O-N-S-C-I-E-N-C-E!– trust a wanna- be Prez who screams “FAUX NEWS”, “FAUX NEWS”, “FAUX NEWS”!… and would sue his neighbor’s housecat if given the chance!… but would “clam up” tighter than a Contestant’s crotch on a segment of his The Apprentice, when challenged on his F-A-I-L-U-R-E to go after the I-L-L-E-G-A-L-I-T-Y O-F A C-L-A-I-M O-F C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E!! The reason, is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR!… T-H-E C-L-A-I-M I-S L-E-G-I-T!… A-N-D T-H-E R-E-M-O-V-E-D J-A-M-E-S C-O-M-E-Y, T-R-U-M-P– A-N-D T-R-U-M-P-‘-S “W-I-F-E”!– K-N-O-W I-T!
Christgopher, If the allegation of C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E re PHEWTUS is C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L and T-O-R-T-I-O-U-S!… and, proffered by a “FAUX VICTIM”* and “FAUX MEDIA”!… then will you– as the new FBI Director (who’s been Nominated by a Prez who was in a C-L-E-A-R CONFLICT OF INTEREST when making the Appointment/ Nomination!)!– be going after this “FAUX VICTIM”, for proffering C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L A-N-D T-O-R-T-I-O-U-S C-L-A-I-M-S O-F C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E? And, will you be going after the FAUX MEDIA for proffering C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L A-N-D T-O-R-T-I-O-U-S “N-E-W-S” O-F C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E? Christgopher A. Wray, will you uphold your D-U-T-Y to protect America’s children, and their families? Otherwise!… it’s hard to rationalize why the FBI would leave the alleged Trump victim “HIGH AND DRY (e.g., she withdrew her filing on Nov 4, 2016, due to said fears for her life!… stated her counsel!)”!… and CONVERSELY, would fail to go after this FAUX VICTIM for C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-L-Y A-N-D T-O-R-T-I-O-U-S-L-Y giving false testimony re an allegation of C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E on the one hand, and, would fail to go after FAUX NEWESERS for reporting C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E on the other! And, how does that absence of FBI D-U-T-Y even make sense? And, why would one believe– should one believe!– that the FBI is S-O-O-O-O I-N-C-O-M-P-E-T-E-N-T that it would either fail to protect a victim of C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E (F-O-R W-H-I-C-H, T-H-E-R-E C-A-N B-E N-O M-O-R-A-T-O-R-I-U-M!)!… or fail to go after A FAKE VICTIM who has alleged such a claim, and fail to go after FAUX NEWSERS which have reported same! A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E! And in Huffington Post’s report of Trump’s C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E charges, there was SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE for a judge to ratify the sending of the matter to a court for adjudication by Dec 28, 2016! And, so!… if the victim was P-A-I-D O-F-F, A-N-D I-F H-U-S-H M-O-N-E-Y W-A-S O-F-F-E-R-E-D U-P A-N-D R-E-C-E-I-V-E-D, T-H-E-N T-H-E V-I-C-T-I-M A-N-D D-O-N-A-L-D T-R-U-M-P S-H-O-U-L-D B-E C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-L-Y C-H-A-R-G-E-D! The victim, for R-E-C-E-I-V-I-N-G A B-R-I-B-E!… and he, for O-F-F-E-R-I-N-G A B-R-I-B-E, and for C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E!
Lastly… Christgopher, will you be going after PHEWTUS for releasing Classified Information to the Russians, when they paid a visit to the White House earlier this year? And Christgopher, will you be seeking to ensure that the 750 people who were let go by Putin (and who could have provided HARD EVIDENCE re Trump-Putin COLLUSION during the 2016 U.S. Federal Election!)… and, by way of your Global Security contacts!… ensure the health and safety of those who are now VULNERABLE PUTIN TARGETS? Thanks!
Please!… no emails!… Jesus is Lord!
P.S.: Given the VERACITY of the allegation of C-H-I-L-D R-A-P-E/ C-H-I-L-D A-B-U-S-E!… and Comey’s ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of this!… should Comey’s KNOWLEDGE soon pose an “indirect threat” to “certain” White House interests (e.g., if Comey decides to accept the offer from Julian Assange to act as a WikiLeaks Spy, re U.S. Government wrongdoing!), I’d be VERY CONCERNED about the safety and security of James Comey! Although!… maybe!… Julian Assange may feel that Comey would be “better protected” if he “befriends” the WikiLeaks League! And so, Christgopher Wray!… will you ensure the safety of James Comey should Comey decide to “spill the beans” on PHEWTUS?
*The Federal Stalking Statute (see, Federal Stalking Statute, 18 U.S.C. §2261A) makes it a F-E-L-O-N-Y for someone to use any interactive computer service, or electronic communication service or system (by the FBI, CIA, NSA, the Media, or FAUX VICTIM!) with the intent to kill, injure, HARASS, INTIMIDATE, or place under surveillance (through an official and/ or an unofficial proxy!) another person… and engage in a course of conduct that places a person in reasonable fear of death, or serious bodily injury, OR CAUSES, ATTEMPTS TO CAUSE, OR WOULD REASONABLY BE EXPECTED TO CAUSE SUBSTANTIAL EMOTIONAL DISTRESS (but, let us include, THE POTENTIAL COMPROMISE OF A U.S. FEDERAL ELECTION PROCESS!)!
h-t-t-p-s://images(DOT)duckduckgo(DOT)com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcarrid.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F08%2Fholy-gopher.jpg&f=1

White Supremacy isn’t an active noun, it’s a passive feature of culture that was shaped throughout the history of the USA. It’s ignorant calling someone a “white supremacist”. Because all of us, no matter our racial or ethnic background are White supremacists, simply by the fact that we’re living in the USA.

frank gabry

omg? If Trump says anything or doesn’t He’s bad, sure I don’t care for him, but he is president so grow up be human & try to understand is all anyone can do! Love instead of hate as all of your promote hate, why? Lets bind together to help each other learn to love stop hate. Its only way yet if you care to hate Trump then you are worse than he or anyone else is!