Giovanni Melton Tribute: Murdered Boy’s Father Would ‘Rather Have a Dead Son Than a Gay Son’

A 14-year-old boy who had his entire future ahead of him was shot and killed by the very man who should’ve loved him the most, his father, police said.

Authorities say that an argument over the victim’s sexual orientation led up to the slaying, News 3 Las Vegas reported.

According to police, Giovanni was murdered Thursday afternoon when his father, 53-year-old Wendell Melton, arrived at the boy’s home and shot him to death.

“Giovanni was abused physically and mentally and spiritually for many, many years,” Sonja Jones, Giovanni’s former foster mom, told News 3. The station reported that Jones “spoke of the teen she loved as one of her own.”

“He hated the fact that his son was gay,” Jones continued. “I’m sure that inside of his mind, he would rather have a dead son than a gay son.” The woman added that Giovanni had been threatened by the man before.

The story is going viral on social media, where many are taking the time to express their outrage and condolences, as well as using the opportunity for LGBT awareness. Hashtags such as #GiovanniMelton and #RIPGiovanni are beginning to trend on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter:

“If you aren’t ready to love a person with no limits, unconditionally, don’t be a #parent,” @EQ_Lab tweeted. “Rest In Power! #GiovanniMelton Art: #KendrickDaye”

“If you were wondering about the conditions that make so many queer and trans Black youth homeless, the case of #GiovanniMelton is clarity,” @FranciscoLWhite wrote:

This is why I believe coming out (unharmed and unaffected) is a privilege,” @HoodCulture said. “He risked his life in order to feel comfortable #GiovanniMelton”

“Homophobia kills,” @blkhlth tweeted along with a photo of Giovanni. “Silence and inaction towards homophobia kills. #GiovanniMelton”

adrianexpression posted a powerful video to Instagram:

The video’s text reads:

Another massacre? Another day in America. Church-goers in #Texas experienced an unfortunate (preventable) event and #Trump is calling it a mental health issue. Sounds about white. #GiovanniMelton was a 14-year-old boy who’s father preferred a dead son over a gay one. Everytime people say I’m “mean” or “aggressive” when defending LGBT rights, remember Giovanni. Remember that the man who helped bring him life and who was supposed to protect him, ended up taking everything from him because of fucked up homophobia. Let’s talk about it.

“I have no words,” @cesca_jayyy wrote. “#restinpower #giovannimelton”

I have no words. #restinpower #giovannimelton

A post shared by Frankie 💅🏼 (@cesca_jayyy) on

“Many of us have been bullied as Lgbtq people. We have been assaulted and hurt physically, mentally and emotionally,” @IAmGMJohnson said. “Not ok! #GiovanniMelton”

The Federal Bureau of Investigation released the following Hate Crime statistics in 2015:

There were 5,818 single-bias incidents involving 7,121 victims. A percent distribution of victims by bias type showed that 59.2 percent of victims were targeted because of the offenders’ race/ethnicity/ancestry bias, 19.7 percent were targeted because of the offenders’ religious bias, and 17.7 percent were victimized because of the offenders’ sexual-orientation bias. Victims targeted because of the offenders’ bias against gender identity accounted for 1.7 percent of victims of single-bias incidents; disabilities, 1.2 percent; and gender, 0.4 percent. (Due to rounding, percentage breakdowns may not add to 100.0 percent.)

Thirty-two multiple-bias hate crime incidents involved 52 victims.

Rest in Peace, Giovanni.

Da Fraw Hath Spoken

Well I’m pleased to announce that I am the winner of our club’s veterans day trolling contest. We each put in a BUCK ($100) into the pot. The winner determined by who gets the most people to bite on trolling posts. I, da fraw stee man, got the most responses to my inflammatory rants. They always say DON’T FEED THE TROLLS!! I mean once or twice but to repeatedly do so….you gotta be some kind of STUPID. Anyway I don’t want to name LOUISE HUDSON or anything, that wouldn’t be very modest of me but thanks to her I’m $2500 bucks richer!!!! Yippee!! Now I can take my kids to watch Thor and BBQ me some fillet this weekend!! Yeehaw!! Hey I can’t help it if I’m smarter than some people lol. Some people need to stick to ironing clothes lol. And remember folks, it’s true, the only good phag gut is a dead one
Umph
Umph
Bwa hahahaha

Da Fraw Stee Man Can

Boy I sure hope Louise Hudson doesn’t have any kids. God tells us there will be suffering but that is way over the top. It would be unfortunate for them too. Ya can’t cure stupid.

Louise Hudson

You’re right Mr Fraw sir. I pulled all the rolls of quarters out if my pussy and managed to buy myself a huge tub of Vaseline. With the help of the fire department I managed to get my head outta my ass for the first time in ages. I’d like to take you up on that date. I hope to bear your children. Til we meet I promise to practice on a broom handle. Ohhhhh Fraw ihhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh ohhhhh!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhh!!?

Louise Hudson

That’s right and you are the perect example of it. I have four kids and they’re all well-educated and successful professionals and are financially and emotionally secure, all earning six figures. All homeowners, too. None would say the things you have said here. Too bad about you. You’re right, stupid is incurable. The best you can do is keep your mouth shut if you don’t want everyone to know just how stupid you are. You’ve already demonstrated that to many on the Internet

Da Fraw Stee Man Can

This board must be like the clitoris to Louise…. just can’t leave it alone
Lol

Louise Hudson

Keep it up Da Fraw. There might still be one person who reads your shit who doesn’t know what a complete moron you are.

I don’t want to be gay.
I like women , I wish my teacher would have shown me sex education first hand job.
But if a teacher, give a young boy some vagina, it’s a sin around the world and she must be tarred and feathered because she saved a young boy from homosexuality.

Louise Hudson

Nobodqy can be “saved” from homosexuality any more than anyone can be “saved” from heterosexuality. Your orientation is hard wired and no experience, heterosexual or homosexual, will change it. Do you think you “decided” to be heterosexual (assuming you are)? Did it take a great deal of hard deliberation? Could you have easily have gone the other way? Do you think you could slip into homosexuality if you had a homosexual experience? If so, you can’t be too sure of your orientation.

I'm back

You need to open up your mind. There’s life beyond doing the dishes and your ironing board FYI. This kid was saved from homosexuality. I guess that’s selective observation on your part since you’re so smart. Lol

Da Fraw

Louise is breakfast ready? Giovanni is hungry. Oh I forgot, he died. Well better to go to heaven as a young teen than hell as a misguided adult. His dad did him a huge favor. You’re pretty good at Cherry picking scripture but you conveniently over look the fact that were to take all of it. Don’t let the facts get in the way there lol. You should be grateful I’m helping you.

Louise Hudson

If a parent can’t accept a gay son he should kill himself instead of the son. I wish they all would. They are the scum of the earth. I’d be happy to provide the gun or the poison. The world would be better off without such animals.

Fraw stin Louise tonight

It’s NOT ok to be gay. That’s straight from God. You’re bending scripture to suit you. Doesn’t work that way. You can argue with God about that but by then it’ll be too late.

Rick Leroue

To take a human life is bad enough. But to take your own sons life. This is unthinkable. Father, MORON, BIGOT. I can only hope he didn’t suffer .
As for the Bigot Father. I would give him a bullet to the head. But Perhaps the guys in Prison can use him as their Bitch. Then KILL IT.

Fraw stin Louise tonight

He probably did him a favor. If he were older and persisted in his EVIL WAYS he’d spend eternity in hell. Dying as a youth he MAY be in heaven. Unless you’re of course Louise who thinks you can do whatever you want and still go there……umm NOT!! Heaven and Hell are real places. We choose where we go. Good is so pure he can’t cast his eyes on that filth.

Fraw doing you a favor tonight

Wrong, wrong ad wrong can be but you’ll know in time. That’s YOUR brain fart

Fraw

I don’t know who yer talkin to Sonny but I’ll see if I can help you out outta the kindness of my heart. Not sure if this link will work here

….link won’t work….

But it references Romans 1:26-28 and 1Timothy 8-11 among others. I’m pretty dad gum sure they’re in the New Testament. I suggest you study much harder. Bottom line is it’s supposed to be “Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve”. Just trying to dumb it down fer ya. Not sure what your point is….

Louise Hudson

You are obviously the best jackass on earth to dumb something down.

Here are a few other bible passages. See if you can get someone to help you with the big words.

Colossians 3:13 “bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.”

Ephesians 4:2-3 “with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

Romans 2:11 “For God shows no partiality.”

Romans 15:7 “Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.”

Philippians 2:3-4 “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”

Fraw stin Louise tonight

You’re welcome
Stick to making sandwiches
You’re better at that
Lol

Louise Hudson

How would you know? Ignoramt ass? You should stick to pumping septic tanks, you’re perfectly suited for it. Crawl inside one sometime. It’s where you belong.

Fraw stin Louise tonight

No thanks
Then I’d be stuck there with you and your family
Yeah you’re right about the sandwiches. They ain’t too good either
Lol

Fraw stin Louise tonight

I was right the first time. Stick to making sandwiches. This is all too complicated get ya

I’ve red the Bible, but I’m not sure you have. It mentions homosexuality 3 times, and only on the Old testament. It mentions living beyond your needs (i.e. materialism over 3000). In fact, it denounces materialism in the harshest terms of any of the Biblical taboos. Almost all of us living in North America are guilty of this everyday of our lives. But instead of focusing on the plank in our own eyes, we focus on the slivers in other peoples eyes. So before you go using the Bible to back up your prejudice and hate. Maybe you should actually read the book, instead of quoting the prejudices of man. Jesus requires us to love others, he didnt include any exceptions for people of different religions, orientations or races. Read your Bible. Don’t hate the messenger…

Fraw stin Louise tonight

Link didn’t work

Glad you “red” the Bible. Keep “reding” it more ok??!! LoL

Fraw

Yeah tsk tsk but I know Karma izza bitch….. been waiting fer her for 67 years but I know. Everyone says that so it MUST be true….it just has to be!!! Lol

Why don’t you have Louise make you a sandwich? She’ll need something to do after the laundry.

Fraw stin yet balls tonight

You want disgusting Louise look in the mirror naked. Now THAT is disgusting
Lol

Louise Hudson

You prove my point. You have no more sense than that guy has. You are both a disgrace to the human race.

Louise Hudson

I must be giving you competition. Don’t worry, nobody will ever beat you in the ignorance department. You’re ahead by leaps and bounds.

Fraw stin yet balls tonight

It’s sad his dad killed him but really the only good phag guy is a dead one. Read da Bible. Hey I’m just telling the truth and it sets all of us free. Just da messenger here folks.

Louise Hudson

What a disgusting, inhumane, ignorant attitude. I hope the son makes an escape from this disgusting attitide.