Washing your face…either you love it or you hate it, but there’s no getting around the fact that you need to get your skin clean and free of dirt, oil and makeup every single day. Whether you do it with your hands or use a washrag, impurities will still hang around in your pores, making them more noticeable and sometimes leading to breakouts. So what’s the best way to get your face truly clean? Enter the facial cleansing brush. Dozens of models spin, vibrate and exfoliate everything from your face to your feet, giving you a smooth, full body glow. The question is, are they worth the price?
Depending on your skin type, and specific wants and needs, you can spend up to two hundred bucks on one of these little babies, and that’s not counting the brushes which should get replaced on a regular basis, much like replacing toothbrush heads. That said, there are many options for under $30 and all of them, frankly, get pretty darned good reviews. Some come in kits with different brushes and buffers. Some require you to buy specialty heads separately. But there’s no doubt about it, these facial cleansing brushes are becoming skin care essentials for anyone who wants clean and radiant skin.
While some facial cleansing brushes offer true microdermabrasion, others deliver massaging effects that promote circulation and increased collagen production. All of them will get you squeaky clean and leave even the most sensitive skin smooth, soft and silky. You can order specialty scrubs, acne washes, and gentle foaming cleansers that might enhance the overall effectiveness of the brush, but every one of these brushes can also be used with your favorite skin care products as well. Better yet, when your skin is really clean, your preferred moisturizers, sun blocks, and other face and eye creams absorb that much better. Let’s go shopping for a new, cleaner you and a beautiful year ahead. Check out our “not so dirty dozen” of the Top 12 Best Facial Cleansing Brushes. We’re here to show you the best options.
1. DDF Revolve Professional Micro-Polishing System
We’re all looking to achieve professional results without spending the money on a visit to the dermatologist or an expensive spa. The DDF Revolve Professional 500X delivers dermatologist-grade microdermabrasion along with deep cleansing to increase your skin’s radiance and improve the look of pores. It also helps to enhance your skin’s tone and clarity while leaving it feeling and looking smoother. It even tackles those fine lines and wrinkles. Its deep cleansing power can make a big difference for those with acne prone skin. Because the system comes with DDF’s own special Micro Derma Crystals, your skin will have a polished glow.
- Deep cleans
- Smooths and polishes
- Dermatologist grade microdemabrasion
- Helpful for acne prone skin
- More expensive than many
- Similar results to far less expensive facial brushes
2. Pixnor Facial Cleansing Brush & Massager
Thorough cleansing is the most important step in any skin care regimen, yet it is often overlooked. Are you guilty of going to bed with your makeup on? The Pixnor two-speed facial cleansing brush and massager might be a great solution to your nightly face routine. Compact and lightweight enough to fit in a purse or travel bag, this facial cleansing brush is gentle enough for everyday use. It includes seven different rotating heads that help you achieve more clear and radiant skin by gently loosening and removing dirt and excess oils. It exfoliates dead skin cells that cause clogged pores, and helps to reduce pore size. Using the massaging head, it helps to increase circulation, stimulating tissue regeneration and collagen production to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. This cleansing brush does double duty with a pumice head to smooth and soften your feet. To make sure you’re always using the cleanest brushes on your face, you might want to order the brush replacement pack.
Price: $13.99 (35 percent off MSRP)
- Amazon #1 Best Seller
- Extremely affordable compared to most
- Effective at smoothing and brightening skin
- Excellent for oily complexions
- Cannot be used in the shower
- Brush heads can seem flimsy
- Not as powerful as more expensive brushes
- Not professional quality
Gift baskets, gift boxes and gift sets come filled with tons of tiny treasures, and they're a great way to shower your lady with love on Valentine's Day.Click here to read more
3. LAVO Giro Face Cleansing Brush
The LAVO Giro facial cleansing brush scrubs out dirt, makeup, oil, dead skin, and bacteria from your pores. It also helps remove blackheads and whiteheads, and effectively reaches hard to clean areas like the sides of your nose and t-zone. It exfoliates dry flaky skin up to 600% better than just washing your face with your hands. With regular use, it can help to fade acne scars, and fight further breakouts. Its thorough cleansing action prevents clogged pores, and polishes and brightens skin. The massaging effect promotes skin cell turnover and stimulates collagen production to promote anti-aging results. The Giro’s waterproof design means you can use it in the shower, and its ergonomic, rubberized anti-slip handle makes it easy to use.
Price: $28.97 (28 percent off MSRP)
- Effective for most users
- Soft brush heads work well for sensitive skin
- Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- Helps clear acne and blackheads
- Brush speed slower than some
- Comes with too few brush options
- Not as exfoliating as some
- Hair can easily get tangled in brush head
Cheap can indeed mean easy, at least when you're talking about terrific jewelry finds at shockingly low prices, just in time for Valentine's Day.Click here to read more
4. Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Advanced Cleansing System
Exfoliation is crucial if you want to have brighter, more radiant skin. The ProX by Olay Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Facial Cleansing System helps exfoliate your skin and give it a visibly improved texture after just a couple of uses. With the microdermabrasion foam head and self-warming Thermal Crystal Polisher, it exfoliates 700% better than using scrubs alone, and it helps even out skin tone. The system can also be used for daily cleansing with the Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser and soft bristle head, great for getting rid of hard-to-remove makeup. The facial cleansing brush deeply cleans and helps maximize the immediate hydrating effectiveness of your anti-aging moisturizer. With three speeds, you can control how the cleansing brush treats your skin for a customized facial care routine. Plus, it’s water resistant, making it perfect for use in the shower. Your skin will feel silkier and smoother with regular use.
Price: $28.78 (29 percent off MSRP)
- Well priced compared to many
- Leaves skin soft and smooth
- Comes with multiple heads, cleanser and scrub
- Can be used effectively with any cleansing products
- Does not include detailed enough instructions
- Exfoliating scrub can dry skin
- Spinning brush head can irritate skin
- Not as powerful as some
5. Essential Skin Solutions Microdermabrasion Exfoliator System
The Essential Skin Solutions cleansing system features a waterproof rotating cleansing brush that scrubs deep to cleanse clogged pores and even out skin tone. This microdermabrasion system comes with two facial exfoliator brushes for different skin types. It acts as a pore minimizer, and helps reduce skin redness and large pores, leaving your face looking fresh, clean, and vibrant. The kit also includes one hand-held cordless cleansing and massaging unit, a large exfoliating brush and even a pumice stone for smoothing out rough patches on your heels and feet. Its deep cleaning means fewer breakouts and less scars from acne flare-ups. Because it’s waterproof, it’s a perfect time to grab the big body brush and jump into the shower, letting you do a full body treatment that leaves you soft and silky from head to toe. Find replacement brushes here.
Price: $22.57 (57 percent off MSRP)
- #1 Amazon best seller
- Very affordably priced
- Good assortment of brush heads
- Improves skin texture with regular use
- Instructions are too vague
- Overuse can dry out skin
- Slower speed than some
- Does not offer variable speeds
6. Proactiv+ Deep Cleansing Brush
Proactiv is one of the foremost names in skin care, particularly for people who suffer from breakouts. This deluxe cleansing brush was designed specifically for acne-prone skin. It gently cleanses with soft, tapered bristles to sweep away impurities without irritating your skin. The brush offers continuous 360-degree rotation at two different speeds. Proactiv has a full line of cleansers, astringents and moisturizers to help acne-prone skin heal and stay clear.
Price: $37.95 (5 percent off MSRP)
- Two speeds for different cleansing needs
- More affordable than some
- Works well on sensitive skin
- Soft brushes allow for more frequent use
- Not as powerful as some
- Brush bristles can seem too soft and flatten easily
- Not reliably water tight
- Brush heads are too large to cleanse small areas around the nose and eyes
7. Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System
Clarisonic’s patented micro-massage motion works with your skin’s natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities traditional cleansing methods leave behind. The Mia 2 cleanses six times better than with your hands alone. With a convenient timer, you’ll get optimal cleaning in just 60 seconds. Your skin will feel softer, smoother and more beautiful. Clarisonic’s deep cleansing system has an added bonus. Thorough cleansing and exfoliation prepares skin for better absorption of creams, serums and moisturizers. Unlike many systems, the Mia 2 is gentle enough to use up to two times a day. Clarisonic recommends replacing brush heads every three months. They offer a two-pack of replacement heads specifically for sensitive skin. Clarisonic also has sensitive skin cleanser to maximize the effectiveness of your face brush.
- Very high quality
- Extremely long lasting
- Two speeds along with a 60 second timer to avoid over-scrubbing
- Leaves skin smooth and soft
- Most expensive of all reviewed
- May be too harsh for sensitive skin
- Replacement brushes are expensive
- Can over-exfoliate skin
8. Conair True Glow Sonic Facial Skincare System Brush
You can renew, refresh and revive your skin with Conair’s true glow sonic skincare solution. Sonic technology powers this facial brush at 300 oscillations per second, literally shaking dirt and makeup from your pores without irritation. The sonic brush is far more effective than washing with a washcloth or your hands. With regular use you’ll notice a reduction in redness and a visible improvement in pore size. The system comes with two brush heads – one for body exfoliating to leave your skin looking and feeling smoother and one facial brush to reduce areas of dry skin, oily patches and visible blemishes. The built in automatic “even-cleanse” timer alerts you to move to another area of your face every 10 seconds. It is fully chargeable, with charging stand included, for cord free convenience. Conair also makes a great facial steamer to clear pores and hydrate your skin before or after washing.
- Moderately priced compared to many
- Sonic oscillation less abrasive than rotating brushes
- Automatic timer alert
- Waterproof and shower worthy
- Charging issues have been frequently reported
- Replacement heads are somewhat pricey
- Short shelf life
- Not as effective for hard to reach areas around nose and eyes
9. Philips PureRadiance Skin Cleansing System
Philips PureRadiance is the only cleansing system that has unique sonic technology with advanced dual motion. It is as gentle as washing your face with your hands, yet it is ten times more effective at removing dirt and makeup. The gentle deep cleansing makes for healthier looking skin. The unique sonic technology improves micro-circulation and stimulates blood flow, resulting in a more radiant complexion. Because of its deep cleansing action, your favorite creams and moisturizers will more effectively absorb into your skin. Better yet, Philips offers a wide variety of brushes for sensitive skin, brushes for extra-sensitive skin, brushes for exfoliation, and brushes made specifically for deep pore cleaning.
- Effective, non-abrasive cleansing
- Many specialty brush head options
- Easily cleans hard to reach areas in the t-zone
- Charging stand seems flimsy
- Somewhat awkward design
- May be too gentle for deep exfoliation
- Replacement brushes are spendy
10. Michael Todd Soniclear Elite Antimicrobial Facial Skin Cleansing Brush System
You might just want to buy the Soniclear Elite for its ultra-fun colors and designs, but the truth is, cleaner skin starts with a cleaner brush. Powerful, yet gentle enough even for sensitive skin, the Soniclear micro-massages away dirt and impurities and then protects itself from microbial contamination with built in antimicrobial protection against stain and odor causing bacteria. Safe, effective and durable antimicrobial technology is built into every brush head. Soniclear uses a patent-pending sonic-wave powered technology to micro-massage away dirt and other impurities and gently exfoliate at brush speeds in excess of 300 times per second. Slower spinning rotary cleansing brushes without sonic technology can pull or tug the skin causing redness or irritation. With just minutes of use per day, your skin can be healthier, clearer and brighter looking with smoother texture and refined pores. If you want to take your clean routine on the road, Soniclear also offers the Soniclear Petite.
- Anti-microbial brushes protect against bacterial contamination
- Awesome colors and designs
- Effective at leaving skin smooth and radiant
- Three speed options, with a timer
- Among the most expensive of those reviewed
11. LumaRx Facial Cleansing Brush
The LumaRX facial cleansing brush delivers advanced cleansing to reveal your naturally beautiful skin. This three-speed cleansing brush comes with three individual bristle attachments – one for normal skin, one for sensitive skin and the third for massage, which increases blood flow and the generation of new skin cells. This elegantly designed brush is easy on the hands and the long life battery allows for up to 30 uses on a single charge. Plus, it features a built in timer, so you won’t be having to guess whether you’ve used it too little or too much. That ensure you’ll get optimum results and radiant skin. LumaRx is also well-known for its popular and effective mini and full body laser hair removers.
- Rated 4.6 out of five stars by users
- Smaller size makes it convenient for travel
- Ergonomic design makes it easy on the hand
- Leaves skin clean and well exfoliated
- Feels a bit flimsy compared to some
- Even the sensitive skin brush may be too much for delicate skin
- Long, soft bristles may not clean skin as well as others reviewed
12. Clarisonic Smart Profile Sonic Facial Cleansing System
Clarisonic has been the go to brand for facial cleansing for a few years now, so it’s good to see that they’re still evolving and improving their products. The Clarisonic Smart Profile system is a step up from the Clarisonic Mia. It utilizes smart technology to enable the Smart Profile device to read two new smart enabled Dynamic or Turbo Massage brush heads, and to automatically adjust between gentle and deep cleansing. This offers an optimal head-to-toe cleansing experience. The new brush head replacement indicator is another upgrade. It illuminates to prompt you when it is time to replace the brush head. The amplified turbo speed removes make up eleven times better than washing your face with hands alone. Because it’s waterproof and rechargeable, you can easily take your facial cleansing system on the road to stay completely clean. The Clarisonic Smart Profile offers a brush head for each skin type and concern. Thousands of patented, rounded filaments gently your cleanse skin and are specifically designed to address sensitive, acne prone, dull, delicate or enlarged pore skin concerns. Clarisonic Refreshing Foaming Gel Cleanser would be great to use with the full body brush in the shower.
- Rated 4.3 out of five stars by users
- Great for your whole body as well as your face
- Multiple heads and speeds address many skin concerns
- It is waterproof and rechargeable to you can pack it and go
- The most expensive of those reviewed
- Need to dry brush heads between uses
- Most negative consumer reviews appear to have been deleted