Winter Storm Stella could bring up to two feet of snow in certain areas of the northeast, so it’s important to be prepared. Read on below for a checklist of important things to do, items to have in the home and a grocery list.
Let’s start off with a grocery store run, since the supermarkets will be more and more packed with people as the day goes on. Here’s a list of important items to pick up if you don’t already have them:
– Garbage Bags
– Toilet Paper
– Feminine Products (if applicable)
– Paper Towels, Plastic Utensils and Paper Goods like plates, bowls, etc.
– Three-Day Supply of Water per person in the home
– Cold and Headache Medications, along with your normal prescription drugs
– Flashlights in case of power outtages
– Candles and matches or lighters to light them with
– Canned foods that are non-perishable
– Non-electric can opener
– Pet Food if you have a pet
– Back up Phone Charger
– Dry Cereal
– First Aid Kit
– Laundry Detergent
– Dishwashing Detergent
– Fire wood if you have a fire place
– Rock Salt for outside walkways
– Snow Shovel
Here is a list of things to do to make sure your home is ready for a blizzard:
– Make sure all windows and doors are secure and shut
– Keep the refrigerator at the lowest temperature in case of power outages
– Make contact and secure a snow plow for your drive way if applicable
– Have adequate amount of blankets and clothing for warmth
– Keep animals and pets inside during the storm, so things like wee wee pads for dogs are important.
– Stay updated with blizzard warnings and news on your phone, television or computer. Battery-powered radios are also good in case the power goes out.
– Make sure you have supplies for cleaning off your vehicles. Extra fuel is always a good idea as well.
– Some may think about shutting off their water valves to prevent bursting pipes from the cold.
– Be sure to have a fire extinguisher in the home.
If you are going outside in this weather, below is a list of your risks:
– Frost Bite
– Overexertion, when doing things like snow shoveling. Beware of the signs of heart attacks.
– Pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses
With Winter Storm Stella upon us, many want to know how many inches or feet of snow to expect tomorrow on Tuesday. What are the predictions?Click here to read more