Golf bags have come a long way over the past couple of decades. One of the major improvements have come in the storage department. Bags these days have pockets for everything — apparel, golf balls, tees, rangefinders, umbrellas, gloves, snacks, and beverages.
Yes, beverages. As in cold ones. Many companies today have basically added mini refrigerators to their golf bags. Large, insulated cooler pockets are designed to keep your drinks and snacks cold. These pockets are great additions, considering how hot it can get on the golf course during the summer. A cold beverage — which beverage is up to — is always welcomed when the sun’s rays are pounding down you.
So keep reading below to check out some of the more popular and functional golf bags with insulated coolers from the top brands on the market today. Browse a wider selection of golf bags with coolers if this list doesn’t have the style you’re looking for.
1. Bag Boy Golf 2017 Chiller Cart Bag
If you’re looking to carry a few extra beverages on the course, then Bag Boy Golf Chiller Cart Bag is probably the bag for you. The Chiller Cart Bag is highlighted by a removable insulated cooler which holds six 12-ounce cans. Obviously, the cooler bag can be used for anything you need to keep cold — drinks or food. On top of the cooler bag, it has nine total pockets, including two large ones for accessories, an oversized ball pocket and one for valuables. The Chiller Cart Bag certainly has enough storage for full day on the course. It also has a 15-way top with full-length individual dividers, so your clubs won’t jumble together at the bottom of the bag.
Price: $179.95 plus free shipping
- Removable insulated cooler which holds six 12-ounce cans
- 15-Way top with full-length individual dividers
- 9 total pockets, including 2 large accessory pockets
- Some users had issues with the bag’s zippers
2. Callaway Golf 2017 Org 14 Cart Bag
The Callaway Golf Org 14 Cart Bag has two insulated cooler pockets, which will keep both your drinks and snacks cold when you’re out playing 18. There are 10 total pockets, including a water-resistant one for valuables and one for your rangefinder or GPS. The 14-way top as full-length dividers so all of your clubs will stay protected and organized, while the two integrated molded grab handles makes it easy to transport from your car to the cart. Other useful touches are an attached multi-function tool, which can be used as a bottle opener, and an umbrella sleeve. The Org 14 Cart Bag is available in eight different colors.
Price: Color shown $212.95 (7 percent off MSRP)
- 2 insulated cooler pockets
- 10 total pockets, including waterproof one for valuables
- 14-way top with individual full-length club dividers
- Multi-function bottle opener and accessory hook
- Price — over $200
3. TaylorMade 2017 Supreme Cart Bag
The TaylorMade Supreme Cart Bag features a large insulated cooler pocket with drain ports, so not only will your drinks and snacks stay cold, but the moisture and excess liquid can be easily discarded. The bag includes 10 pockets overall (with improved durable zippers), including two micro-suede ones to keep valuables safe and ball and tee pockets. The bag, which is push cart compatible, has a 15-way top so every club gets its own spot; a convenient trunk handle for easy transporting in and out of the car; and a matching rain hood to keep your clubs dry on wet days.
Price: As shown $235.03
- Large insulated cooler pocket with drain ports
- Push cart compatible
- Weather resistant umbrella slot
- 10 total pockets, including 2 micro-suede ones to keep valuables safe
- A little heavy at almost 7 pounds
- Price — over $200
4. Bag Boy Golf 2017 Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag
A 2017 Golf Digest Editors’ Choice, the Bag Boy Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag comes complete with 8 pockets and a removable insulated cooler bag, which can hold up to four 12-ounce cans. The cooler bag will fit right into the cooler pocket, which contains draining ports. Made of 420 Denier nylon, the Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag not only has plenty of storage, but features a 14-way top with full-length individual dividers and an ergonomic single shoulder strap for easy carrying.
Price: $179.95 plus free shipping
- Removable insulated cooler bag holds four 12-ounce cans
- 14-way top with full-length individual dividers
- Ergonomic single shoulder strap with strap holder
- Durable, automatic stand legs
- Insulated cooler smaller than the Bag Boy Car Bag
5. Datrek Golf 2017 Go Lite Hybrid Stand Bag
The Datrek Go Lite Hybrid Stand Bag is certainly for a golfer who likes to walk the course. Lightweight at just 5.2 pounds, the bag features a large, insulated beverage sleeve, a 14-way top with full-length club dividers and separate pockets for valuables and gear. Compatible for cart riding and push carts, the Go Lite Stand Bag has an ergonomic handle on the top for easy lifting and two durable, automatic stand legs.
Price: $139.25 plus free shipping
- Large insulated beverage sleeve
- Lightweight at just over 5 pounds
- Compatible base for riding and push carts
- Only 5 total pockets
6. The Bucket II Collegiate Cooler Cart Bag
The Bucket II Collegiate Cooler Cart Bag is for the ultimate sports fan and/or alum. The bag certainly has it covered when it comes to keeping beverages and snacks cold as it comes with an insulated thermal-lined pocket with a drainage port. There are also pockets for valuables, a range finder, tees, balls, accessories, and two for your gear like sweaters and shoes. With a 14-Way top, in addition to a front putter well, makes it easy to keep your clubs organized and accessible. Other highlights include: towel ring, glove patch, three-point umbrella Holding System, rain hood, and integrated pen. sleeveThere are dozens of colleges and universities available and each bag comes in the school colors.
Price: $184.62 (26 percent off MSRP)
- Insulated thermal-lined beverage pocket with drainage port
- Range finder pocket
- Constructed of lightweight 210D Nylon
- Lots of storage space
- Not every college/university is available
7. Founders Club Premium Cart Bag with 14 Way Organizer Divider Top
The Founders Club Premium Cart Bag gives you pretty good bang for your buck. At about $130, the bag comes with an insulated cooler pocket (Ice Pocket) to keep drinks and snacks cold; 10 zipper pockets and two mesh pockets, so there’s plenty of storage space; a molded organizer with a 14-way top which includes anti-rattle iron slots to keep your clubs protected; glove holder; and a string nylon loop holder for your brushes and other tools and accessories. The Founders Club Bag comes in four different colors and is perfect for the golfer who regularly uses a cart.
Price: $129.95 plus free shipping
- Insulated cooler pocket
- Molded organizer with 14-Way top, including anti-rattle slots for irons
- Full 12-month warranty
- The bag is heavier at 9.5 pounds
- Putter slot won’t fit putter with jumbo, oversized grips
- No putter “well”
8. Cobra 2017 KING Golf Bag
With the Cobra KING Golf Bag you’ll find plenty of storage, especially for your drinks and snacks. There two insulated beverage pockets which can keep everything cold on those hot days on the course. Other pockets include: two apparel pockets, water resistant fleece lined valuables pocket, and fleece lined rangefinder pocket. And your clubs will stay protected thanks to the 14-way top featuring designated full-length club dividers to prevent jumbling.
Price: Shown here — $182.77 plus free shipping
- Two large insulated beverage pockets
- Two oversized apparel pockets
- 14-way top with designated full-length club dividers
- Other options for the bag (King Staff & Cobra Staff) are more expensive
9. PrideSports Cooler Bag
The PrideSports Cooler Bag won’t hold your clubs, but this compact pouch can hold up to a 12-pack of your favorite beverage, including ice. Also boasting a heat-sealed, no-leak liner, the PrideSports Cooler Bag also features an adjustable strap, pockets for golf balls and snacks, and a slots to hold a handful of tees. It will fit perfectly in a golf cart, but can also be carried if you’re walking the course.
- Holds up to 12 cans plus ice
- Fits easily in a golf cart
- No-leak liner
- Can also hold golf accessories like balls and tees
- Some users found storage wasn’t as much as advertised
- Some users noted the bag leaked
- If you walk the course, might be a little too much to carry with your clubs
10. FlexiFreeze Freezable Golf Bag Cooler
Just like the PrideSports Cooler Bag listed above, the FlexiFreeze Freezable Golf Bag Cooler won’t hold your clubs, but rather the drinks you bring on it. How the bag works is it has 60 FlexiFreeze ice cubes built-in to the sides of the cooler. These ice cubes are made of purified, filtered water with no chemicals. Then you put the bag in your freezer to chill the ice cubes. And when you’re ready to head to the course, add your beverages (it holds four 12-ounce cans) and you’re set. The bag, which straps easily and conveniently to your golf bag, will keep them cold for 8 to 10 hours; plenty of time to get your 18 holes in. The FlexiFreeze Cooler is easy to clean and is reusable.
- Keeps contents cold for 8-10 hours
- Straps securely to your golf bag
- Easy to carry for walking the course
- Easy to clean and reusable
- Takes up a decent amount of space in the freezer