A new golf season brings new golfers to the course. And as you might be finding out, golf isn’t an easy — or inexpensive — sport.
So if you are a beginner to the game and want to find a set of clubs to help you improve your game without breaking the bank, you might want to consider purchasing a complete set rather than buying your equipment separately. Complete sets usually come with a driver, wood, hybrid, irons, pitching wedge and putter. And most of the time a bag to hold the clubs in. Considering you can usually find these full sets for under $300, that’s not a bad deal at all. These club sets are designed for the beginner — larger sweet spots on the driver and woods, high moment of inertia (MOI) on all clubs, easy-to-hit irons with oversized club faces. All things novice golfers need to improve their game.
Browse a wider selection of complete golf clubs sets for beginners if this list doesn’t have what you’re looking for. And here you can read our post on best golf irons for game improvement and forgiveness and our review of the best Callaway irons for beginners and high handicappers if you want to an even larger pool of clubs to choose from. But keep reading below to check out the most popular full sets on the market right now.
1. Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Club Set with Bag
This Strata Men’s Complete Set comes with 12 pieces — 9 clubs, 2 headcovers and 1 stand bag. The clubs included are a 460cc driver (with cover) with an enlarged sweet spot for extra forgiveness and distance; a 3-Wood; a 5-Hybrid, a 6-Iron through pitching wedge, and a mallet-style putter. And that price, it’s an incredible bargain for the beginning golfer who just getting his feet wet on the course. The lightweight stand bag comes complete with 5 pockets and a comfortable dual strap. You can’t go wrong with the Callaway brand, especially at this price.
Price: $188.27 (32 percent off MSRP)
- Set includes an oversized driver, hybrid club and putter
- Lightweight stand bag has 5 pockets
- Rain hood on the stand bag
- Separate insulated pocket for a water bottle
- The Callaway brand
- Also available in 16- and 18-piece sets
- 12-piece set does not include a sand wedge
- 12-piece set does not include a 4-hybrid
- Some users have had club heads break off of shaft
2. Aspire X1 Men’s Complete Golf Set
The Aspire X1 Complete Set has everything the beginning needs — a 460cc Titanium driver (10.5 degrees), Fairway Wood, 24 degree Hybrid club, 6-iron through pitching wedge, putter, stand bag, and 3 head covers. The stand bag comes with a dual strap for easy carrying and transport. Aspire X1s are also perfect for the budget-minded player at under $200 for the complete set.
Price: $189.99 plus $18.35 shipping
- Full set of clubs
- Titanium driver and a hybrid club
- Graphite shaft on woods and True Temper steel shafts on irons
- Lightweight stand bag with comfortable dual strap
- Two sizes available — one for players 6-feet and under & one for 6-feet-1 and up
- This particular set is for right-handed players only
- Not available from Amazon Prime
3. Tour Edge Reaction 3 Complete Set With Bag
Highlighted by a lifetime warranty, the Tour Edge Reaction 3 set includes 15 total pieces — a driver, 3-wood, 4-hybrid, putter, 5 iron through pitching wedge, a stand bag and four head covers (driver, wood, hybrid and putter). The 460cc titanium matrix driver has a high moment of inertia (MOI), which offers greater forgiveness for longer and more consistent shots off the tee. The forgiveness doesn’t stop with the driver. All the clubs are designed help you cut down on those rookie mistakes, including the stainless steel irons, which feature an undercut cavity for ultimate forgiveness and large sweet spots.
- Large sweet spot on the driver for extra forgiveness
- Easy-to-hit 4-hybrid
- Lifetime warranty
- High moment of inertia on mallet-style putter
- Some users thought the clubs were too short
- Pricier than other sets on this list
4. Wilson Golf Men’s 2017 Ultra Complete Package Set
Wilson’s 2017 Ultra Complete Set is highlighted by improved technology which focuses on getting more distance for beginners. The 460cc Titanium driver uses a low center of gravity and a huge sweet spot to maximize forgiveness and distance off the tee. And the steel shaft irons feature perimeter weighting, which helps to keep your ball in the fairway even on missed hits. The set includes a driver, fairway wood, a hybrid, irons 6-9, pitching wedge, heel/toe putter, stand bag, and head covers for the driver, wood, and hybrid. Wilson has been a leader in complete golf club sets for years.
- Ergonomic bag with self-self activating stand
- Alignment putter with soft grip
- Sleek club design
- Clubs might be too short for taller players
5. Pinemeadow PRE Men’s 16-Piece Complete Golf Set
The Pinemeadow PRE Men’s Set comes complete with 16 total pieces at a bargain price. The set includes: a 10.5 degree titanium driver, a 15 degree 3 wood, a 21 degree 3 Hybrid, 4 through pitching wedge stainless steel irons, a pre-mallet putter, a dual strap stand bag, and head covers for the driver, wood, and hybrid. The driver features a controlled launch graphite shaft and an oversized sweet spot, must-haves for beginners to maximize forgiveness and distance, even on off-center hits. The wood, hybrid and irons all have oversized club faces making them easy to hit with good launch, which will help keep you in the fairway and out of the hazards. Great value for a lot of quality equipment.
- Price (plus free shipping)
- Includes a 4-iron
- 16 total pieces, including rain hood for stand bag
- No sand wedge
- Some users had club durability issues
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.