Golf cart enclosures are designed to protect you — and your cart — from Mother Nature and her never-ending elements — rain, harmful sun rays, wind, and, as we head closer to winter, cold temperatures.
Golf carts vary in size and usually come in 2- and 4-passenger vehicles (unless it’s customized). So you’ll need to measure your cart to know what size enclosure you’ll need. Pay attention to the roof. The 2-passenger carts tend to have roofs up to about 60 inches long, while the larger roofs run up to roughly 80 inches. Then there are also extra long roofs that go over 100 inches. It goes without saying, but you’ll want a cover that provides a snug, secure fit for your cart to maximize the performance.
The post will be broken down into two parts. Items Nos. 1-5 will be focused on enclosures for 2-passenger carts, while Nos. 6-10 will feature covers for extended roofs and 4-person cars.
1. Classic Accessories Fairway Travel 4-Sided 2-Person Golf Cart Enclosure
Classic Accessories is one of the more popular companies in the golf cart cover and enclosure business. Their Fairway Travel model is a 4-sided enclosure for 2-person carts. It measures 83 inches long by 40 inches wide with roof dimensions of 54.5 inches long by 41 inches wide. The enclosure will fit most 2-passenger carts from top models like the Yamaha Drive, Club Car Precedent, and EZ GO TXT & RXV lines.
It is made of a durable water-resistant fabric, and the zippered side-opening doors and clear PVC windows are designed to keep those the wind and cool air out on those blustery days. There is also a separate rear panel for easy club access. Installation is easy as no tools are required, and the enclosure includes a carrying case and a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Price: $64.88 (28 percent off MSRP)
- Built to keep rain and wind out effectively
- Will work with Yamaha Drive, Club Car Precedent, and EZ GO TXT & RXV models
- Easy tool-free installation
- Some users felt the cover was too small
- Some users experienced durability issues (tearing/zipper problems)
Find more Classic Accessories Fairway Travel 4-Sided 2-Person Golf Cart Enclosure information and reviews here.
2. Tomshoo 4-Sided Golf Cart Cover Enclosure for 2-Person Fairway Golf Car
Tomshoo’s 4-Sided Golf Cart Cover Enclosure is sized to fit most 2-passenger cars. Measuring 83 inches long by 40 inches wide with roof dimensions of 55 inches long and 41 inches wide, the tan-colored enclosure is easy to install. You don’t need tools, but simply pull the cover over your cart.
It is made of a durable waterproof oxford fabric with clear PVC windows for excellent visibility. The side doors have zippers for easy entrance and departure. On the cold, windy days, keep the sides zipped. On the nicer afternoons, unzip them and roll them up to joy the pleasant weather while you’re on the course. Other highlights include a separate rear panel for your clubs and an enclosure carrying case.
- Made with waterproof fabric
- Sides easily roll up and down, depending on weather
- Low price
- Some users felt the PVC windows fogged up on occasion
- Some users with older carts might find the enclosure won’t fit tightly
Find more Tomshoo 4-Sided Golf Cart Cover Enclosure for 2-Person Fairway Golf Car information and reviews here.
3. Leader Accessories Deluxe 2-Person Golf Cart Cover Storage Driving Enclosure
The Deluxe 2-Person Golf Cart Enclosure from Leader Associates will protect your car from all of the harsh element. Made of a waterproof heavy duty polyester will keep you — and the inside of the cart — on rainy days, while the zippered sides will keep the wind and cold air out. But if it’s a nice day you can unzip the sides and roll them up to
Also featuring PVC windows and windshields (front and back) for excellent and clear visibility in all weather conditions. It’ll fit carts will roof lengths up to 60 inches and 45 inch width. It includes a carrying case and is available in 2 different colors — beige and green (pictured above).
Price: $98.99 (46 percent off MSRP)
- All-weather protection (wind, rain, etc.)
- Secures to cart with special tie down hooks
- Available in 2 different colors — beige and green
- Might not get a tight, secure fit
- On the pricey side
Find more Leader Accessories Deluxe 2-Person Golf Cart Cover Storage Driving Enclosure information and reviews here.
4. Classic Accessories Fairway Golf Cart Deluxe Enclosure
The Classic Accessories Fairway Golf Cart Deluxe Enclosure will fit most 2-person cars with a roof up to 68 inches long. The walls and the top are made of a heavy duty polyester durable enough to endure the rigors of Mother Nature’s elements, including rain, wind, and cold. This gardelle fabric won’t shrink or stretch, either.
Clear windows allow for excellent vision and the zipper system on the side make for easy getting in and out. You can also unzip the windshield and doors if the temperature and weather is on your side. Another highlight is that this enclosure is available in 4 stylish colors — black, camo (pictured above), khaki, and navy. Your purchase also includes a carrying bag with a comfortable, padded handle.
Price: $120.04 (19 percent off MSRP)
- Walls and top made of heavy duty polyester
- 3-year limited warranty
- Available in 4 different color styles — black, khaki, camo, and navy
- Some users felt the size was too large for 2-passenger carts
- On the pricey side
5. Formosa Covers Golf Cart Driving Enclosure 2-Seater
Formosa Covers has a durable, all-weather 600 D polyester construction with clear vinyl panels all the way around to ensure a full 360 degree view. The side doors can roll horizontally toward the front and be held there by the connected velcro straps. This new improvement was made for better wind and rain blockage. The back also unzips so you can have easy access to your clubs.
The enclosure will fit comfortably around most 2-passenger carts, including popular models like the EZ Go, Club Car, and Yamaha G. What it won’t fit, though, is the Yamaha YDR model and also carts that have additional seats in the back. The exact measurements of the roof are 59 inches long by 45 inches wide (top). It also comes with a carry bag.
Price: $57.99 (plus $20.40 shipping)
- Made of durable 600 D polyester with clear vinyl panels
- Side doors can roll toward the front and be held in place with the velcro straps
- Will fit EZ Go, Club Car, and Yamaha G models
- Some users experienced trouble with the zippers
- On the pricey side
6. Formosa Covers Premium Tight Weave Golf Cart Driving Enclosure for 4-Seater
We just discussed Formosa’s 2-seater enclosure and this one from the same company brings us to our first 4-passenger golf cart enclosure. More specifically, a 2-seater with a back bench seat. The roof length on this particular cover is 58 inches, but the bottom length is 95 inches. So it’ll fit a 2-person with a bench (technically a 4-person) and short roof, but not a 4-passenger with an extended, longer roof.
Made of a durable, weather-resistant 300 by 300 polyester fabric with PVC laminate windows and windshields, the enclosure features commercial-grade zippered back and sides. To better combat rain and wind, the entry door can be unzipped and rolled toward the front and held in place by velcro straps.
Price: $69.99 (plus $21.00 shipping)
- Fits most EZgo, Club Car, and Yamaha models with bench seats
- New and improved entry door rolls toward the front for better blockage of wind and rain
- Made of premium tight weave 300 by 300 polyester fabric with soft PVC laminate
- It won’t fit a 4-seater cart with a long roof
- It won’t fit the Yamaha 2009 or YDR Drive models
Find more Formosa Covers Premium Tight Weave Golf Cart Driving Enclosure for 4-Seater information and reviews here.
7. Classic Accessories Fairway Golf Cart Deluxe Enclosure
This enclosure is basically the same as No. 4 on the list above, but it’s available in large roof (80 inches) and extra large roof (124 inches) sizes to fit most 4-passenger carts. The large size is available in black, camo, khaki, and navy, while you can get the extra large in khaki. Classic Accessories ensures full protection against rain, wind, and cold.
The walls and top are made of a durable polyester and also clear PVC windows for excellent visibility. Also, the gardelle fabric won’t stretch or shrink and CA offers a 3-year warranty. They obviously trust their product. The cover slips over the cart and secures underneath with hooks and the windshield can be easily zipped open. It has removable doors, reflective piping, and comes with a carrying case.
Price: From $92.00; though price increases based on color, availability, and size.
- Available in long (80 inches) and extra long (124 inches) roofs
- Fabric is weather-resistant and won’t shrink or stretch
- Has reflective piping for added safety
- Some users experienced some difficulty sliding the zippers
- Extra long available in color khaki only
8. Greenline 4-Passenger Golf Cart Enclosure
Greenline’s 4-Passenger Golf Cart Enclosure has been praised by users for its solid construction and durability. Featuring heavy duty vinyl doors and top with crystal clear PVC windows, you’ll be safe from the elements and have great visibility. On nicer days, you can unzip the entrance door and keep them suspended thanks to the velcro straps. Another nice feature is the roof valance, which provides coverage for the rolled up panels.
It’s available in 5 different colors — bunker sand, camo, jet black (pictured above), stone white, and torry green. The enclosure is easy to install and requires no tools. And for what it’s worth, the company claims to have the best 3-year warranty in the golf cart enclosure business.
Price: From $179.95; price varies depending on color and availability
- Many users expressed their pleasure with its durability
- Available in 5 different colors
- Roof valance covers up rolled up door panels
- Some users felt it didn’t fit securely
- On the pricey side
9. Leader Accessories Deluxe 4-Person Golf Cart Cover Storage Driving Enclosure
Leader Accessories’ second entry on the list is their Deluxe 4-Person Golf Cart Cover Storage Driving Enclosure. They’re not re-inventing the wheel with this cover, but it’s durably constructed and comes at a pretty good price. The water-repellent polyester will protect you and the inside of your cart from inclement weather of all kinds, including rain, wind, sun, and cold temperatures.
The zippered panels make it easy for the driver and passengers to get in and out, and they also roll up for the more pleasant days on the course. No tools are needed to install it, simply pull it over your cart and secure it underneath with the attached ties. It’ll fit roofs up to 79 inches long and 44 inches wide, and the bottom portion measures 88 inches and 46 inches wide. Leader Associates also includes a carrying case for easy transport and storage.
Price: $112.59 (50 percent off MSRP)
- Heavy duty water-resistant polyester walls
- Offers UV protection
- Includes a carrying case
- Some users didn’t receive an instruction manual
- Currently available in only 1 color
Find more Leader Accessories Deluxe 4-Person Golf Cart Cover Storage Driving Enclosure information and reviews here.
10. North East Harbor Transparent Enclosure for 4-Person Golf Carts
The final enclosure on the list comes from North East Harbor and as you can see from the picture, it has a slightly different look. More specifically, it appears to be more transparent than the other we talked about. There seems to be less fabric, but that’s OK as cover is weather-protected and won’t shrink or stretch. And that price is very attractive, too.
The clear PVC walls will provide superior visibility and the zippered doors make for easy entrance and exit. There’s also a separate zippered panel in the back to get to your clubs quickly, all while keeping them dry. It will fit most 4-passenger carts with roofs measuring 79 inches long and 43 inches wide. Your purchase includes a free carrying case.
Price: $61.99 (46 percent off MSRP)
- Weather-protected fabric won’t shrink or stretch
- Separate rear panel for easy access to clubs
- Won’t fit extra long roofs
- Some users could not get rid of the “wrinkles” on the windows and windshield