The New York Marathon is a major event and the 2017 edition of the run through all five boroughs of NYC is here. While the big event doesn’t begin airing until 9 a.m. ET, ABC7NY has a live stream online of the event coverage, starting at 7 a.m. ET. Click here to watch the marathon coverage via ABC7NY’s live stream. This is a 26.2 mile race, with more than 50,000 people participating. The race starts in the Staten Island area and ends in Central Park. On the ABC network, there is a special running with pre-event coverage from 7 – 9 a.m. ET. Then, the 2017 NYC Marathon begins on ABC at 9 a.m., with the special concluding at 2 p.m. ET. ESPN2 is also broadcasting the marathon, and their coverage runs from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. If you would like to watch the marathon online and do not have a television or are unable to watch the ABC7NY live stream, we have several options for you below. If you don’t have cable or can’t get to a TV, you can watch ESPN and ESPN 2 online, on your phone or on another streaming device by signing up for one of the following cable-free, live-TV streaming services. They cost a monthly fee but all come with a free trial, so you can watch today’s event for free:
DirecTV Now: ESPN and ESPN 2 are both included in all four of DirecTV Now’s base channel packages, which range from $35 to $70 per month. It comes with a free 7-day trial no matter what package you choose, and you can watch on your computer via your browser, or on your phone, tablet or streaming device via the DirecTV Now app
Sling TV: ESPN and ESPN 2 are both included in the “Sling Orange” channel package, which costs $20 per month. It comes with a free 7-day trial, and you can watch on your computer via your browser, or on your phone, tablet or streaming device via the Sling TV app
PlayStation Vue: ESPN and ESPN 2 are both included in all four channel packages, ranging from $40 to $75 per month. It comes with a free 5-day trial, and you can watch on your computer via your browser, or on your phone, tablet or streaming device via the PlayStation Vue app
Note: Once you’ve signed up for one of the above services, you can also watch ESPN or ESPN 2 via WatchESPN.com or the WatchESPN app. You’ll just use your DirecTV Now, Sling TV or PSVue credentials to sign in when asked to verify your cable provider.
If you would like to watch the event via ABC’s live stream, ABC is available in many major U.S. markets via over-the-top streaming services, which let you to stream select channels for a monthly fee. Sling TV has the lowest price, while DirecTV Now offers ABC in more markets than Sling. Both services offer free trials, enabling you to watch tonight’s show for free.
Read on for signup details — and how to make sure ABC is available in your market before you sign up.
The Cheaper Option: Sling TV
Viewers in certain United States TV markets can watch tonight’s show through Sling TV.
Sling’s Broadcast Extra package, which includes ABC, is available in the Chicago, Fresno-Visalia, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham and San Francisco TV markets.
Sling’s basic package costs $20 per month once the free trial ends, and the Broadcast Extra add-on, which you can add after you’ve created your account, costs an extra $5, for a total of $25. But if you’re in one of the TV markets listed above and want to watch the show for free, you can do so with the free 7-day trial.
How to sign up:
2. Select either the Orange or Blue package. The Orange package is the cheapest at $20.
3. Enter your billing information and create an account. You will not be charged until after you’ve completed the free 7-day trial.
4. Once you’ve created your account, click on the icon next to the “sign out” button in the top-right corner of your screen. Once you’ve clicked on the icon, click the blue “change subscription” link.
5. Click on “Best of Live TV Extras,” then scroll down to the Broadcast Extra add-on and click “add.”
6. Download the Sling app on your computer or mobile device and begin watching TV. You can find the Sling app in the App store or the Google Play store. It’s also available on other streaming devices; you can go here for a full list of compatible devices.
The Most Markets: DirecTV Now
To see if DirectTV offers ABC in your market, go here and enter your zipcode in the “lookup tool.”
How to sign up:
2. Click on “Start your free trial now” and then create an account.
3. Select the channel package you want. The least expensive option, “Live a Little,” includes ABC.
4. Enter your payment information. If you cancel your subscription within seven days of signing up, you will not be charged.
5. Return to the DirecTV Now website to start watching on your desktop. You can also watch via the DirecTV Now app, which is available on various mobile or streaming devices. Go here for the complete list of compatible devices
In addition to ABC covering the marathon from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. ET, there will be a shorter, encore presentation of the marathon on the ABC network from 3 – 5 p.m. ET. This can also be watched via the ABC network live stream. Each year, there are several big celebrities who participate in the marathon and this year, Bleacher Report has stated that some of these stars include Kevin Hart, Prince Royce, and Karlie Kloss.