With unique 3D screen capabilities, the Amazon Fire Phone is particularly appealing to gamers. These games make the most of the Fire Phone’s unique specs.
1. To-Fu Fury
Check out the trailer for this game in the video above.
Singled out in Business Insider‘s review of the Fire Phone, Snow Spin is a cute game set in a winter wonderland. You must snowboard across this vast expanse, collecting broken parts of your plane. You can rebuild your plane and escape, but only with a lot of skill and determination. This game is fast-paced and fun, especially on the Fire Phone.
- 50 Levels to unlock
- Offers Bluetooth controller support
- Plenty of unlockables to conquer
- Boost your score with slow-motion ‘crash time’
- Gameplay is fast-paced
- Can be a bit challenging for younger players
- Requires a lot of permissions on your device
- Offers IAP
- Controls may be tricky to adjust to if you are used to playing on a non-3D device
- 50 levels may not be enough to satisfy some players
The Amazon Fire Phone has lots of smartphone shoppers intrigued, but can it stand up to the powerhouse that is the Samsung Galaxy S5?Click here to read more
5. Planet Puzzles
In their review of the Fire Phone, Gizmodo had some tough words for the Fire Phone’s use of dynamic perspective, but some nice things to say about Planet Puzzles in particular:
“The technique is used to greater effect in some of the games that support it. It’s at its best in games like Planet Puzzles, in which you rotate 3D Rubiks Cube-esque puzzle cuboids to see and interact with their different sides.”
If you’re looking for a new twist on puzzle cubes, this creative game lets you bring a barren world back to life. This aspect of the game makes it more addictive than other puzzles.
- Daily challenges where you can earn daily badges from unique puzzles
- Has hints for if you get stuck
- Incredibly tactile
- Natural head and eye movements make for a compelling control scheme
- Download can take over five minutes
- Won’t appeal to people who hate puzzle games
- 30 levels may not be enough for some
- Game prevents processor from sleeping or screen from dimming, could drain battery
- May be too difficult for players looking for a very casual experience