Looking for an espresso maker to give you that extra boost in the morning? There’s a wide selection of options on the market to match various budgets. In general, pricier models perform better and have more bells and whistles than their less expensive counterparts. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t find a great deal on a lower priced model.
When you’re choosing an espresso maker, you might opt to stick with a well-known brand name. Or, perhaps you want a machine that does a bit more, such as a combination espresso/coffee or espresso/cappuccino maker. Some features, such as a pump versus steam system or self-priming operation, may seal the deal. This list gives you a look at the top best home espresso machines, each of which stands out from its competitors in terms of overall performance and consistent results. These machines are the best bang for your buck, whether you’re seeking a high-end espresso maker or a more wallet-friendly option.
1. De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
The De’Longhi is a well-rounded espresso maker with a budget-friendly price tag. It may not come with as many bells and whistles as some of its pricier counterparts, but this machine is more than adequate for most home espresso and cappuccino demands. Along with easy drink preparation, the machine boasts a self-priming operation that does away with traditional start-up preparations. A 15 bar pump pressure is more than enough to pump out one delicious cup after the next.
Price: $89.58 (36 percent off MSRP)
- 15 bar pump pressure
- Stainless steel construction
- Self-priming operation
- Frothing wand is a bit small
- Built-in tamper seems finicky
- Coffee cups not included
2. Breville 800ESXL 15-Bar Triple-Priming Die-Cast Espresso Machine
If you’re ready to spend a bit more for a high-quality espresso machine with a great reputation for reliability, it’s hard to go wrong with this Breville espresso maker. For starters, there’s a 15-bar triple prime pump and an innovative ThermoBlock heating system to ensure a foamy and tasty cup time after time. This product’s durable stainless steel housing definitely catches the eye, and it’s very easy to clean. From filters to a stainless steel frothing pitcher and a tamping tool, the machine comes with everything you need to get started.
Price: $353.93 (50 percent off MSRP)
- Innovative ThermoBlock heating system
- Comes with filters and frothing pitcher
- 15-bar triple prime pump
- Filters clog easily
- Requires lots of counter space
- Tamp tool is subpar
Find more Breville 800ESXL 15-Bar Triple-Priming Die-Cast Espresso Machine information and reviews here.
3. Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
The best part about the Nespresso Inissia espresso maker is the fact that it comes with a milk frother. A simple rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk leads to fast and efficient frothing as the machine quickly churns out your beverage of choice. A fast preheating time — just 25 seconds — makes this product a must-have for those sluggish mornings when you need a fast cup or two to wake up. A 19 bar high pressure pump promises fast results without skimping on quality.
Price: $149.25 (25 percent off MSRP)
- 25 second preheating time
- Prepares hot and cold milk
- 19 bar high pressure pump
- A bit noisy
- Small water reservoir
- Water occasionally drips into reserve filters
Find more Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother information and reviews here.
These top pressure cookers appeal to cooks of all levels and budgets.Click here to read more
4. Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine
You’ll pay more upfront, but this espresso machine is well worth its lofty price tag. This combination coffee/espresso machine has a generous 72-ounce removable water reservoir, which means longer periods of time before you have to refill. It also comes with a powerful and super efficient 17 1/2 bar pump and a high-voltage boiler, a combination that swiftly delivers your favorite espresso or coffee drink. There’s a single and double-shot stainless steel filter basket along with a tamper and measuring scoop.
Price: $399.00 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Large 72-ounce removable water reservoir
- Brushed stainless steel construction
- Powerful 17 1/2 bar pump
- Initial learning curve
- Coffee must be precisely ground
- Some users wish instructions were clearer
5. Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine
This Mr. Coffee ECM160 is a practical solution for espresso lovers on a budget. It’s a bit plain compare to its pricier competitors, but this espresso machine consistently produces solid results. With a one to four cup brewing capacity, the machine is definitely a better fit for those who don’t need to make large batches at once. A removable frothing aid cleans up nicely after use after using it to construct a delicious creamy beverage. Other highlights include a removable drip tray and a drip-free pouring spout. There’s also a decanter with measuring marks to help you keep track of your drink.
Price: $38.99 (56 percent off MSRP)
- Removable drip tray
- Comes with a frothing aid
- Features decanter with measuring marks
- Steam system produces less foam than pump-driven machines
- Doesn’t include tamper or frothing pitcher
- Steams slowly
6. VonShef 15 Bar Pump Espresso Coffee Maker
This budget-friendly espresso machine features a powerful 15 bar pump pressure. The result is a full-bodied coffee with mouth-watering crema. You can use this machine to make everything from espressos and lattes to cappuccinos and more. You also don’t need to worry about paper filters as this machine has single and double cup filters. Espresso drinkers will appreciate the steaming feature with a steam control dial and steam wand for milk that’s frothed just right. Other highlights include a detachable drip tray and removable water tank.
Price: $89.99 (41 percent off MSRP)
- 15 bar pump pressure
- Doesn’t require paper filters
- Removable water tank
- Doesn’t come with a frothier cup
- Can’t make two full-size drinks
- Initial learning curve
7. BELLA 13683 Espresso Maker
This espresso maker is primarily designed to make espressos and cappuccinos. Aside from the fact that it’s easy to use, this machine also wins praise from customers for its simple yet effective brew and steam functions. Just a simple push of a button will start the various brew and steam functions. You can also use the steam wand to customize your desired levels of heating and frothing. Safety-conscious consumers will appreciate the steam pressurized safety cap. If you detest messy cleanups, you’ll appreciate the removable drip tray that promotes easy cleaning.
Price: $40.76 (52 percent off MSRP)
- Removable drip tray
- Steam wand for customized heating and frothing
- Ideal for making espressos and cappuccinos
- Small carafe
- A handful of users complain of a plastic/metallic taste
- Design is a bit clunky
8. DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker
A durable stainless steel construction not only ensures longevity, but also makes this espresso machine a stylish addition to any kitchen. If you’re looking for a flavorful espresso machine, this product’s 15 bar pump pressure doesn’t disappoint. Aside from being fast and simple to use, this DeLonghi espresso machine also stands out for features such as a patented cappuccino frothier and an on/off switch with an indicator light. The cappuccino frothier effectively combines steam and milk to create a desirable rich and creamy froth for the ideal cup of coffee every time. A handy cup warming tray keeps your beverage warm.
Price: $196.57 (30 percent off MSRP)
- Durable stainless steel construction
- 15 bar pump promises ample flavor
- On/off switch with indicator light
- Restrictive steamer wand
- Hard to reach water tank in tight spaces
- Awkwardly placed milk frothing device
9. Bialetti 6799 Moka Express 3-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker
Convenience is the hallmark feature of this stovetop espresso machine. You can make up to three 2-ounce cups of espresso in less than five minutes. There’s also a flip-up top and a side-pour spout for added convenience. If you’re searching for a stylish yet durable espresso maker, the sturdy polished aluminum material stands out. As an added bonus, an innovative octagon shape gives any setting a more modern appearance. Washing this espresso maker is simple — after hand washing with soap and water, just rinse the espresso maker clean. Many consumers appreciate how this espresso maker comes in a wide range of colors and sizes.
Price: $22.93 (20 percent off MSRP)
- Comes in numerous sizes and colors
- Durable polished aluminum construction
- Easy to wash by hand
- Water can get trapped in filter, eventually leading to corrosion
- Boils over when using higher heat
- Inaccurate capacity indications
10. Mr. Coffee ECMP50 Espresso/Cappuccino Maker
A 15-bar pump system allows this combination espresso and cappuccino maker to deliver a rich dark espresso brew each and every time. This machine is loaded with handy features, including a dual-shot brewing component that makes two single shots at once and a frothing arm that whips up a creamy froth for the top of your lattes and cappuccinos. Another highlight is the thermal block heating system, which ensures even heat distribution and high-speed brewing without sacrificing flavor. The removable 40 ounce water reservoir is easy to fill and holds plenty of water for one drink after the next.
Price: $69.87 (30 percent off MSRP)
- Dual-shot brewing
- Creates frothy cream for lattes/cappuccinos
- Thermal block heating system ensures even heat distribution
- Doesn’t come with a frothing pitcher
- Initial learning curve, especially when steaming milk
- A few customers complain that this machine leaks