The right thermal coffee carafe can keep your favorite hot beverage from getting cold and bland after brewing. While buying a thermal carafe is a relatively straightforward process, there are still aspects to keep in mind. For example, some carafes feature double wall insulation for optimal heat retention. Most thermal carafes keep drinks hot or cold for an extended period of time, such as 12 hours for hot drinks and 24 hours for cold drinks. Additionally, you’ll also find carafes with features such as stay-cool handles and a wide spout for faster pouring.
If you frequently find yourself pouring with one hand, consider a carafe that’s been optimized for single-handed use. Such carafes tend to have automatic lids or at least lids that open and close without much effort.
Size is another consideration. If you plan on serving coffee to a crowd, it’s a good idea to go with a larger carafe. A popular size is 68 ounces, although you can easily find smaller and larger ones.
1. Cozyna Thermal Coffee Carafe
The Cozyna Thermal Coffee Carafe is ideal for coffee, milk, and creamer. Double wall vacuum technology keeps your favorite beverages hot or cold up to 24 hours. A large mouth opening and push-button locking mechanism promotes easy pouring and handling. Additionally, the mouth opening is big enough to accommodate ice cubes. The carafe is made from high-grade stainless steel and has a rubber base to keep slips at bay. A free cleaning brush is included.
Price: $25.95 (68 percent off MSRP)
- Ideal for coffee, milk, and creamer
- Keeps drinks hot or cold up to 24 hours
- Double wall vacuum technology
- A bit too tall to use with a standard coffee machine
- A few question the long-term durability of various plastic parts
- Some wish the pour spout flow was more consistent
2. Tiger Thermal Insulated Carafe
This thermal carafe is available in a variety of sizes, from 34 to 64 ounces. Other features include a durable stainless steel finish and lightweight construction that makes it easy to transport from one place to the next. A clean finished process ensures less odor and staining. An open/close lock button on the handle keeps beverages secure. The stopper can be disassembled for easier cleaning.
- Available in sizes 34 to 64 ounces
- Open/close lock button on handle
- Durable stainless steel finish
- Crevices in the top can be tough to clean
- A few users wish it kept drinks hot for longer
- Some question the durability of the interior glass liner
3. Panesor Thermal Coffee Carafe
This thermal coffee carafe is constructed with 18/8 stainless steel and is designed to withstand abrasions and resist corrosion. If you’re looking for a larger carafe, you’ll appreciate the 68 ounce capacity. A smaller 51 ounce capacity version is also available. The push button locking mechanism facilitates single-handed pouring. Other features include double wall vacuum insulation and an anti-fingerprint exterior.
Price: $25.99 (28 percent off MSRP)
- Durable 18/8 stainless steel construction
- Push button locking for single-handed pouring
- Fingerprint-resistant exterior
- A few mention the lid doesn’t always close automatically
- Some wish the carafe kept beverages hot for longer
- Opening on top is a bit small
4. Hiware 68 Oz Stainless Steel Thermal Coffee Carafe
A 68-ounce capacity offers plenty of room to keep your favorite beverages warm up to 24 hours. The double wall vacuum insulation keeps beverages hot or cold for hours at a time. This carafe is made with a durable 18/10 stainless steel material that’s easy to clean and safe for use in the dishwasher. A press button top gives you full control over pouring.
Price: $29.99 (54 percent off MSRP)
- Double wall vacuum insulation
- Press button top
- Sturdy 18/10 stainless steel construction
- Handle can get quite warm
- A few question the durability of the silicone gasket
- Some find it very heavy when full
5. Vremi Coffee Carafe Thermos
Aside from white, this carafe is also available in red and blue. The carafe holds up to 50 ounces of liquid and is designed to keep drinks hot or cold up to 12 hours. In addition to coffee, you can use it to store everything from soup to wine to tea. A twist-on lid with a push-button quick release promotes single-handed pouring. The carafe features a stainless steel body and a BPA-free plastic lid.
Price: $23.99 (31 percent off MSRP)
- Keeps drinks hot or cold up to 12 hours
- Twist-on lid with quick release
- Available in several colors
- Some wish the lid wasn’t plastic
- Doesn’t come in various sizes
- Not dishwasher safe
6. Keurig 119352 2.0 Thermal Carafe
If you’re looking for a smaller thermal carafe, consider this Keurig. There is enough room for up to four cups of coffee. The carafe features a double walled stainless steel construction for enhanced durability and temperature control. Highlights include a brew-through lid for added convenience and an easy pouring handle.
- Holds up to four cups of coffee
- Brew-through lid
- Easy pouring handle
- Only compatible with Keurig 2.0 machines
- Not dishwasher safe
7. Zojirushi SH-HB10-SA Stainless Steel Pot
This thermal coffee carafe retains hot and cold temperatures up to 10 hours, and keeps beverages warm up to 24 hours. A stainless steel vacuum liner promotes heat retention. Another feature is one-touch pouring, which makes it easier to use the carafe with one hand. The stopper can be disassembled for cleaning when necessary. The opening is wide enough to work with many direct brewing attachments.
A larger 1.5L version, SH-HB15, is also available.
- Retains hot and cold temperatures up to 10 hours
- Stainless steel vacuum liner
- Stopper can be disassembled for cleaning
- Cleaning the stopper can be time-consuming
- Some wish it kept drinks cold for longer
- Hand washing recommended
8. Pykal Thermal Coffee Carafe
If you’re looking for a thermal coffee carafe that will keep your drink hot for hours, this product is worth a close look. German-engineered vacuum insulation technology preserves hot and cold temperatures for an extended period of time. For example, a hot beverage will remain at 194 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours and 140 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 hours. Double walled stainless steel construction adds an element of durability. Both the handle and top lids are made from a sturdy chrome material that’s easy to grasp.
Price: $28.99 (52 percent off MSRP)
- Designed to keep drinks hot for hours
- Top lid and handle feature a chrome construction for easy handling
- German-engineered vacuum insulation technology
- A few caution the carafe should be warmed with tea kettle water for best results
- Some wish it kept coffee hotter for longer
- Lid must be closed manually
9. Spaco 68 Oz Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe
This thermal coffee carafe features double wall vacuum insulation technology, which helps preserve hot and cold temperatures for hours. It also doubles as a thermos. You can expect your favorite beverages to stay warm up to 12 hours and cold up to 24 hours. A stainless steel exterior and interior promotes durability and is easy to clean. There’s also a convenient flip-up lid for pouring and a large mouth opening for filling. The material is designed to remain condensation-free even when using cold drinks with ice.
Price: $27.99 (35 percent off MSRP)
- Flip-up lid for convenient pouring
- Large mouth opening for easy filling
- Exterior remains condensation-free even when using ice
- Lid can’t be disassembled for cleaning
- Only available in one size
- Some find it a big large when used as a thermos
10. Alfi Gusto Glass Vacuum Lacquered Metal Thermal Carafe
Highlights of this carafe include a 1.0L capacity along with temperature retention and insulation to keep drinks hot for 12 hours and cold for 24 hours. The stylish carafe is available in multiple colors and is designed for single-handed operation. For example, the screw topper is simple to use with just one hand and is ready to pour with a few quick turns. Aside from a colorful exterior, the carafe has a lacquered plated metal body for durability along with a chrome plated spout and handle.
- Chrome plated spout and handle
- Designed for one-handed operation
- Available in multiple colors
- Can’t be immersed in water
- Not dishwasher safe