It may not be Black Friday just yet, but Amazon is already having some solid markdowns on computers and laptops. Be sure to keep checking, but if the particular model you’re looking for happens to be on sale, it may be worth it to- beat the rush.
Here’s five of Amazon’s best pre-Black Friday deals on computers and laptops. Note that this list is updating and changing rapidly, so be sure to act fast and comment if something is missing or incorrect. Check out the deals currently listed on Amazon here.
1. ASUS FX503VD 15.6” Gaming Laptop – (20% off its normal price)
Processor / Passmark Speed i7-7700HQ / 8962 | RAM 8GB | Graphics Card GTX 1050 | Hard Drive 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD (5400RPM) | Weight 5.1lbs | Display 1080P |
This PC can do it all! With its top of the line (for mobile processors anyway) i7-7700HQ, it has tons of power as a workstation. Plus, with its GTX 1050 graphics card, this PC won’t let anyone down when it comes to gaming either.
This PC offers a ton of high-performance value at a great price. The other really nice perk about this machine is its hard drive setup. With 128GB to store some data and the OS, this means that performance is fast. Of course, having the 1TB drive as well means that one won’t easily run out of space either. All in all, this is a great deal for those who want a solid gaming laptop at a great price.
That’s not to say it’s perfect, however. At 5.1lbs, it’s definitely a hefty PC. Beyond this, the additional data drive is 5400RPM which can be slow, but will suffice for most applications. At $1,000 (this PC’s normal price) it’s overpriced. At $900, it meets the mark, and at $800, it’s certainly a force to be reckoned with especially if you need the fast processor (and who doesn’t?).
- Great all around performance
- Can play games at low to medium settings with GTX 1050
- Good RAM
- Top of the line mobile processor for fast workstation applications
- Very tough to beat value
- Small percentage of users had to send their PC back
2. MSI GL62M
Processor / Passmark Speed i5-7300HQ / 6851 | RAM 8GB DDR4 | Graphics Card GTX 1050 Ti | Hard Drive 256GB SSD | Weight 5.29lbs | Display 1080P |
For those looking for an affordable PC, this MSI GL62M provides a lot of value at a great price. If $800 is your top price this gift-giving season, then this PC will be very tough to beat. Boasting a 256GB SSD, fast processor, and solid graphics card, there are very few types of users who would find this PC anything but superb.
It has an i5 processor and a GTX 1050Ti meaning it’s capable of video editing, graphic designing, and editing photos without any real trouble. It may not be the top of the line, but it’s more than powerful enough. It can easily play modern games at low to medium settings, some even on high and ultra.
This is a formidable PC at a great price. That said, be sure to check out the very similar model below as it’s only $100 more and offers a lot of compelling upgrades including a much faster processor.
- Acceptable performance for photo and video editing
- Decent for playing modern games at low to medium settings
- Expandable RAM
- Runs quietly and without heating issues
- Solid value for the price
- No backlit keyboard
- Battery life is very meh
3. Acer Swift 3 – (14% off!)
Processor / Passmark Speed i5-7200U / 4700 | RAM 8GB DDR4 | Graphics Card Integrated | Hard Drive 256GB SSD | Weight 3.31lbs | Display 14″, 1080P |
We’ve written about the Acer Swift 3 too many times to count. This PC is already an awesome deal and cutting an additional 14% off the price makes the deal that much sweeter. While this is no gaming PC, it offers more than enough power under the hood for virtually any student or office application. While it lacks a video card, the real value of this laptop is as a portable PC. At only 3.31lbs, it weighs less than similar PCs with similar specs in this price range. Sure, there are lighter models out there, but not with an SSD! This is a great value for students and anyone who wants a decently powerful, lightweight computer. Don’t get a Macbook unless you absolutely need OSX; this PC is half the price, faster, and weighs about the same!
- Superb performance and price for a workstation PC; great for students or office applications
- Fast processor, solid RAM, and SSD
- Lightweight, decent price
- Comparable to Macbook in weight, better specs
- 10 hours of battery life
- Screen can be parallel of keyboard
- Fan turns on a lot, which can be noisy
- Power button is a normal button on the keyboard which can be obnoxious
4. MSI GP62 Leopard Pro
Processor / Passmark Speed i7-7700HQ / 8928 | RAM 16GB RAM | Graphics Card GTX 1060 – 3GB | Hard Drive 256GB SSD | Weight 4.8lbs | Display 1080P |
For those who want an even more fully featured laptop, MSI’s Leopard Pro is definitely the best deal going on right now in near top of the line performance for gaming PCs.
It has a top of the line processor, a decent weight for a gaming laptop (4.8lbs), and a very good graphics card, the GTX 1060. It also has an acceptable 1080P TN display.
One reason that this PC isn’t that great of a deal, however, is that the Helios 300 is the same price and offers virtually identical specs BUT has a better graphics card, the GTX 1060 – 6GB. It’s $1049 on Amazon and may even be cheaper with a Black Friday deal in the next few days.
Still, this PC offers a lot of bang for one’s buck. It’s lighter than the Helios 300 and looks more attractive. If those perks appeal to you, it may be a better choice.
Price: $1049 (19 percent off MSRP)
- Full RGB and backlit jkeyboard
- Speakers surprisingly decent for a laptop
- Can run games on “Epic” or “Ultra” settings including Overwatch
- Strays cool when gaming
- Powerful enough for intensive photo, video, or graphic design editing
- Some users found display to be low quality (viewing angle is poor)
- Struggles with some games on “Ultra” such as Star Wars Battlefront and Gears of War 4
5. Intel NUC Mini PC Kit (Must install RAM & SSD or HDD)
Processor / Passmark Speed i7-7567U / 6538 | RAM Up to 32GB | Hard Drive Not included |
For those looking to customize their own Mini PC, Intel’s Nuc kits are extremely popular. This particular model boasts a fast processor, small clean case, and dual channel DDR4 RAM slots. Plus it allows you to install a 2.5″ SSD or HDD. Users love these devices for their small size, surprising power, and full set of features. Unfortunately, this model isn’t powerful enough to play modern games, but it works well for displaying movies, and doing any kind of work (student or office applications).
Price: $383.99 (20 percent off MSRP)
- Includes Windows 10
- Quiet efficient mini PC
- Portable and easy to setup
- Great specs for the price
- Can’t play modern games
- Still somewhat pricey once you buy all the components