Picking a weekender bag is easy. One just needs to make sure they find a look and functionality that’s for them. Another big factor to consider is whether or not wants a rigid bag. If you’re one to move around sensitive goods, say a camera or a laptop, it’s key that you have a bag that will offer your goods some protection via a hard-casing or rigid exterior. Beyond this, however, there are no wrong answers. These are a variety of attractive bags and bag types that should fit your needs no matter what you’re after.
Here’s the top 10 best men’s weekend bags from lowest to highest price.
1. Kattee Men’s Leather Canvas Backpack
Dimensions 13 x 18.8 x 7 | Weight 3.2lbs |
For the budget-minded who still want an attractive bag, the Kattee Men’s Leather Canvas Backpack is a stylish and practical choice. It’s roomy, has plenty of small pockets, and has an attractive mountaineer exterior. Users love it for its great value, solid durability, and decent comfort.
Price: $39.99 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Roomy but not too big
- Great for casual and daily use
- High quality exterior and stitching
- Plenty of pockets
- One user found this bag annoying after some time, opening and re-opening can be a bit slow
- Some users had issues with the straps after some time
- Magnetic snaps weren’t as strong as some would like
2. The North Face Unisex Big Shot
Dimensions 22 x 15 x 4 | Weight 2.9lbs |
For those who want a backpack with a bit more of a streamlined look with a much more high quality build, North Face is as good as they make them. This rigid bag (preferred by some, as rigidity is more protective of contents), is loved for its rain and weatherproof exterior and firm grip onto one’s body. Users love it for hiking and normal travel for its comfort and solid capacity.
- Great for day hikes and weekends
- Backpack is rigid and stiff
- Rain and weatherproof
- Various slots are useful
- Fleece lined pockets for protecting sensitive goods like sunglasses or electronics
- One user did not find the shoulder straps comfortable
- Organizer pockets in main compartment are tough to access when bag is filled with stuff
3. The North Face Base Camp Duffel
Dimensions 14 x 25.4 x 14 | Weight 3.5lbs |
For those who need more capacity but want to stick with North Face, this duffel bag is durable, built-to-last, and fairly simple. It has a huge capacity, high quality zippers, and a mesh zipper lining for separating some of your goods. It’s not the peak of organization, but it’ll do for most people who don’t need to separate their stuff a ton. Note that some found this bag to be bigger than they expected, so make sure the dimensions suit your needs.
- Durable and simple
- Holds a ton of stuff
- A buy-it-for-life purchase; North Face products last forever
- High quality zippers pull smoothly
- Mesh zipper lining underneath main flap
- Some found the bag bigger than expected
- Placement of side handle is weird
4. Tortuga Travel Backpack
Dimensions 22 x 14 x 9 | Weight 4lbs |
This Tortuga bag has some features that take it to the next level. Boasting lockable zippers, a padded laptop sleeve, and great padding, it’s a great bag for organizing and carrying around plenty of goods. It has comfortable shoulder straps, though some users did struggle to adjust these exactly to their liking. While a small percentage found it to be too pocket heavy, most loved its variety of pockets and its ability to organize their goods while being a bag that’s comfortable and versatile in its carrying abilities.
Price: $149 (25 percent off MSRP)
- All zippers on bag are lockable (circular holes)
- Padded laptop sleeve fits up to 17″ laptops
- Side pockets that close with zippers
- Well-padded and constructed
- Lots of pockets for easy organization
- Extremely comfortable shoulder straps for those long hauls
- Shoulder straps could be more adjustable
- One user hated how there were so many little pockets, too little to be useful
5. Texbo Cowhide Leather Bag
Dimensions 23.2 x 9 x 11.8 | Weight 3.96lbs |
This Texbo leather bag is made of great high-quality leather. It boasts a simple structure with a front zipper pocket and it’s great for moving small goods. Note that it’s not very rigid so it’s not ideal for carrying around any sensitive equipment. Still, most loved it for its simple elegance, and straightforward organization.
Price: $158.99 (11 percent off MSRP)
- Top quality genuine cowhide leather
- Includes front zipper pocket
- Great for moving small goods
- Vintage look is praised as attractive
- Capacity smaller than some expected
- One user had an issue with the zipper
6. RockCow Vintage Look Men’s Leather Bag
Dimensions 20.5 x 10.2 x 9.1 | Weight 5.8lbs |
For those who want an attractive weekender with a lot of capacity, this RockCow vintage bag looks great. Boasting tight stitching, shoulder straps and a handle, and top grain leather with great zippers, users love it for its capacity and look. It boasts thick leather and works excellently as a carry-on. One user said that conditioning the bag is critical as the patina quality gets better with time. It’s a great bag for people who need solid capacity and a stylish look.
Price: $169.99 (57 percent off MSRP)
- Top grain leather with YKK zippers
- Handcrafted with tight stitching
- Shoulder straps and handle for multiple carrying options
- Fits good amount of storage
- Smooth zippers
- One user had an issue with the lack of rigidity and form of the bag
- Some don’t like the look and found it surprisingly small
7. David King & Co Extra Large Leather
Dimensions 22.5 x 15.5 x 11 | Weight 7lbs |
For those who like that dark leather look, this David King offers great size, a hefty exterior, and a very stylish look. It’s an excellent size for travels short and medium, has a removable handle, and has tons of room in its exterior pockets; there’s one for every side. Beyond this, however, this bag is certainly on the simple side in terms of organization. Still, if you’re into the look, it’s tough to beat for a great looking leather bag with a lot of pockets.
- Removable handle
- Front, back, left and right zippered pockets
- Praised as nice quality bag
- Excellent size for travelling
- Plenty of room on the interior and exterior pockets
- A bit on the heavy side
- Soft, doesn’t have much of a protective structure
- Easily stained from water
8. Baigio Leather Duffle Overnighter
Dimensions 23 x 10 x 14 | Weight 5.8lbs |
For those who want a black leather overnighter, this Baigio bag looks as good as it feels. It’s a great size for a weekend getaway and let’s be honest: it looks like much more expensive designer luggage. It has a high quality zipper and well-done stitching. This is the bag for those who want simple, attractive getaway luggage.
Price: $179.38 (31 percent off MSRP)
- Great size for a few days of clothes
- Roomy bag with an aesthetic that mimics designer luggage
- Leather is high quality, as is stitching
- High quality zipper
- Not many external pockets
- One user had an issue with durability after several uses
9. RusticTown Duffle Airplane Bag
Dimensions 20 x 11 x 7 | Weight 4.2lbs | ‘
On the brighter side of things, this RusticTown bag is an excellent gift for travelers and students who will love its attractive exterior. Boasting great quality construction and a great interior wallet (along with credit card slots and a notebook holder), it’s a nice gift for a soon-to-be student or simply one who’s organizationally minded.
Price: $199 (60 percent off MSRP)
- Praised as great man bag
- Excellent gift for travelers and students
- High quality material and construction
- Great stitching and high quality leather
- One user found build quality underwhelming
- Worn leather look found unattractive by some
10. Cenzo Vecchio Italian Leather
Dimensions 11 x 10 x 21 | Weight 3.8lbs |
If you really want a classy bag, this Cenzo- Vecchio will more than meet your expectations. Boasting an internal pocket, high quality YKK zippers, and an adjustable handle, this bag is quite the deal. Users love it for its solid capacity and attractive appearance. At this price, this bag truly is comparable to far more expensive luggage. For those who are into the look, this is luggage you won’t soon forget in Terminal A; it’s too nice to leave behind and too functional to forget.
- High quality YKK zippers
- Praised as a deal
- Attractive high quality bag
- Internal pocket for storing small things
- Made in the USA
- One user had an issue with color fading
- Bag had a smell that lasted for one day
Still looking for the right men’s weekend bag? Browse more top-rated men’s weekend bags on Amazon.