Changing tables are so important for new parents because they save you from having to bend over each time your little one needs a diaper change. Over time, those back-breaking changes take a toll. Since you know you need a changing table, it makes sense to get one that does double duty, holding all of your kiddo’s diaper essentials, plus baby blankets and clothes. When it comes to changing tables with drawers, it’s smart to go for a set that is specifically designed to be a changing table because you know it will be the right height for you and your partner to make changes without tweaking your back in the process. You’ll want to stock up all those drawers with some of the top 10 best disposable diapers for babies, as well as some of the top 20 best baby rattles and the top 20 best baby teething toys. It’s so handy to have all your baby’s favorite things stashed in one place, in organized fashion. Besides, aren’t you feeling that nesting instinct yet?
I’ve put together a list of the best changing tables with drawers currently available. Get to know the nitty gritty details on all of these great and affordable changing tables, and find one that works for your style and needs.
1. Best Modern Changing Table: Babyletto Scoot 3-Drawer Changer Dresser (White/Washed Natural Finish)
The babyletto Scoot 3-Drawer Changer Dresser in this white/washed natural finish looks so stylish in a modern nursery. The white and natural wood colors look amazing with bright, pastel or neutral walls—whatever your nursery colors, this changing table will match perfectly. This product is made with sustainable New Zealand pine, though some consumers report that the quality of the wood is lower than expected. This product has a small footprint and includes three drawers with metal glides and stop mechanisms. This product ships weighing 90 pounds, so it is on the heavy side. Assembly is simple, and this product is eligible through Amazon for free replacement parts. Some consumers have reported their changing table arriving damaged. At almost $300, this changing table is on the more expensive side of the spectrum, but it is still in a comfortable mid range of prices.
- Great modern style
- Made with sustainable New Zealand pine wood
- Eligible for free replacement parts
- Three drawers plus removable changing station
- Heavy (90 pounds)
- Inexpensive materials used
- Some consumers report this product arriving damaged
Find more Babyletto Scoot 3-Drawer Changer Dresser (White/Washed Natural Finish) information and reviews here.
2. Best Changing Table with Removable Tray: DaVinci Autumn 4 Drawer Dresser (White)
The DaVinci Autumn 4 Drawer Dresser is a changing table + dresser combo with a simple, stylish design. It is made from sustainable New Zealand pine that is finished in a non-toxic painting process. The white finish looks great with many nurseries, but it also comes in three other neutral colors. The changing table has four spacious drawers, as well as a removable changer tray (changing pad not included, but you can pick up the Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad here). This product weighs in at 82 pounds, so it is pretty heavy and solid. It comes with an anti-tip kit that you can install to secure it to the wall. This product includes a one-year warranty. Consumers report that assembly of the DaVinci Autumn 4 Drawer Dresser is complicated and takes a long time, and that the instructions are inadequate. I would recommend searching YouTube for some instructional videos before you begin assembly. Some consumers also report the size of the table is smaller than expected, as well as that the wood is not as high quality as expected.
Price: $269 (plus save an extra $6.94 when you clip the Amazon coupon)
- Comes in four colors
- Removable changer tray included
- Includes a one-year warranty
- Four drawer dresser with changing tray on top
- Heavy (82 pounds)
- Assembly is somewhat complicated
- Somewhat smaller than expected
- Some consumers report the quality of the wood is not as expected
3. Best Traditional Changing Table: Athena Leila 2 Drawer Changer (Cherry)
The Athena Leila 2 Drawer Changer in Cherry is a traditional style changing table and dresser combo with a beautiful, elegant cherry wood finish. It is complete with two deep drawers and two open storage cubbies. The cubbies are very large, which can be great if you want to store a lot of things; however, some consumers have complained that they are too large for the standard cubby-basket size. This product is fairly inexpensive at just $159.09, and many consumers report that assembly is easy and straightforward. Minor complaints include that the drawers do not close and open smoothly; the warning labels are very visible and difficult to remove; and the changing tray on top, marketed as optional, is not really removable without making the changing table/dresser look unfinished.
- Two deep drawers and two open storage cubbies
- Elegant cherry wood finish
- Easy assembly
- Open cubbies are very large, not standard basket size
- Warning labels very visible and difficult to remove
- Drawers don’t close smoothly
- Changing tray not removable
4. Best Changing Table for Clothing & Diaper Storage: babyletto Hudson Changing Dresser (White)
The babyletto Hudson Changing Dresser is another beautiful, modern design from this company. I love the simple white finish featured above, but I’m also partial to the gray and white combo. (It comes in four different color combos.) Instead of drawer pulls, it has cute little notches instead that you use to open the drawers. This dresser has a removable changing tray that should help to extend the life of your dresser past the diaper years. This dresser/changing table has three drawers as well as a cabinet with a door, so it can store lots of clothes and diaper essentials. This product comes with a one year warranty. The babyletto Hudson Changing Dresser is a bit on the heavy side at 69 pounds, and some consumers have complained that the quality of the wood is not as high as expected. The changing tray measures 31 inches long, which means it is a tad smaller than the standard changing pad size, so you might have to be careful which changing pad you choose. This LA Baby Contour Changing Pad should fit, at 30 inches. This changing table is on the more expensive side at $322, but if you factor in that it can last you well into the preschool and elementary years, it may be worth it.
Price: $339.15 (15 percent off MSRP)
- Modern, stylish design with cool cutouts instead of drawer pulls
- Removable changing tray to extend life of dresser past the diaper years
- Three drawers and a cabinet with door for lots of storage
- One year warranty
- More expensive
- Heavy (69 pounds)
- Small changing tray at 31 inches, doesn’t fit standard size changing pad
- Some consumers report quality not as good as expected
5. Best Changing Table with Basket Inserts: Badger Basket Modern Changing Table (Gray)
The Badger Basket Modern Changing Table in Gray is a clean-lined modern changing table including three fabric storage baskets and a matching hamper. It’s inexpensive at just $103.15, and that includes a foam changing pad and vinyl safety strap. The changing table has safety rails on all four sides, so you can relax and know that baby is secure during changings. The style does leave a little something to be desired—it’s less of a traditional dresser and more of a wood painted frame with fabric inserts. Luckily, it all wipes clean easily. This product doesn’t convert to a standalone dresser, as the changing table doesn’t remove, and it doesn’t actually have “real” dresser drawers. The changing table itself is a little low, especially for taller parents. Some consumers have complained of the wood frame pieces splitting during assembly.
Price: $104.57 (30 percent off MSRP)
- Includes foam changing pad with vinyl safety strap
- Safety rails on all four sides of table
- Includes three fabric storage baskets and a hamper for plenty of storage
- Not convertible into a standalone dresser
- A little low, especially for taller parents
- Some consumers complain of wood splitting during assembly
- No actual drawers
6. Best Sleigh Style Changing Table: Badger Basket Baby Changing Table with Six Baskets (Espresso)
The Badger Basket Baby Changing Table with Six Baskets in Espresso is another great inexpensive changing table option. Instead of wood drawers, it is an espresso-stained wood frame with six fabric “drawers” or baskets that slide in and out; three of them are small, and three are large, for ease of organization. The overall style of the table is ornate and traditional, with a sleigh shape in the curves of the top. The changing table includes a safety belt for changing, as well as a mattress pad—some consumers have complained the mattress pad is too thin, necessitating purchase of a different changing pad. Some consumers have reported a strong chemical smell upon first opening the package; that should fade after airing out. Finally, some consumers complain that the design of the table with the fabric baskets lends a messy look to the piece—blankets or clothes tend to stick out of the top of the drawers, and it is difficult to get them to line up evenly.
Price: from $123.82
- Six baskets for tons of storage
- Includes safety belt and mattress pad
- Handsome dark wood and traditional sleigh style
- Fabric baskets instead of drawers
- Changing pad included is very thin; may need to purchase an additional one
- Some consumers report the product has a strong chemical smell upon first opening
- Design of the baskets can look messy
Find more Badger Basket Baby Changing Table with Six Baskets (Espresso) information and reviews here.
7. Best Changing Table with Five-Year Warranty: South Shore Angel Changing Table (Espresso)
The South Shore Angel Changing Table in Espresso is a handsome traditional-style dresser/changing table that comes in an espresso laminated finish, as well as two other colors. It is priced at $167.65, and you can add Amazon’s expert assembly for an additional $107.29. Paying for the assembly may be well worth it, as consumers complain that assembly is difficult, requiring two people and lots of parts. This product is manufactured from CARB compliant composite wood carrying the Forest Stewardship Council certification. This product comes with a five year warranty. The changing table is not removable, so it does not convert into a standalone dresser. Some consumers report that the espresso color received is much darker than expected, close to black. The sliding mechanism on the drawers is made from plastic, not metal.
Price: $167.65 (9 percent off MSRP)
- Manufactured from CARB compliant composite wood carrying the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification
- Handsome traditional style with laminated chocolate wood grain finish
- Can pay extra to have it assembled for you
- Five year warranty
- Changing table is not removable
- Sliding mechanisms for drawers are made of plastic
- Assembly needs two people and requires lots of parts
- Some consumers complain that the espresso color is darker than expected
8. Best Convertible Changing Table: South Shore Cotton Candy Changing Table with Removable Changing Station (Soft Gray)
The South Shore Cotton Candy Changing Table with Removable Changing Station in Soft Gray is a modern and stylish dresser/changing table that converts to a standalone dresser once baby has grown out of the changing part. It comes in a beautiful soft gray color that will match so many nurseries, and it has contrasting brushed nickel hardware. This dresser includes three drawers as well as a cabinet with two shelves that slide out; the cabinet is enclosed with a door, so it looks clean and organized when not in use. This dresser/changing table combo is very heavy at 123 pounds, and it’s more expensive than some of the other choices. Some consumers report this product is difficult and time-consuming to assemble, with lots of parts needed. Some consumers complain that the materials used are not as high quality as expected. The product is made from laminated particleboard. The dresser comes with a five year guarantee.
- Three practical drawers and a cabinet enclosed with a door, all with brushed nickel hardware
- Changing table is removable from top; converts to standalone dresser
- Pretty, modern design and stylish gray color
- Two shelves behind cabinet door slide out for ease of access
- Heavy (123 pounds)
- More expensive
- Some consumers report it is difficult to assemble and has a lot of parts
- Some consumers complain the materials used are not high quality
Find more South Shore Cotton Candy Changing Table with Removable Changing Station (Soft Gray) information and reviews here.
9. Sturdiest Changing Table: DaVinci Jayden 3-Drawer Changer Dresser (White)
The DaVinci Jayden 3-Drawer Changer Dresser in White is a three-drawer combination dresser and changing table, made from real wood using sustainable materials that is finished in a non-toxic painting process. This product includes three sturdy drawers with metal glides. It includes a safety strap and rails for safe changes, and also comes with a changing pad, though many consumers report the pad is very thin. You may want to pick up a more substantial pad, such as this Munchkin Secure Grip Changing Pad. The assembly process, while not as complicated as some other products, does require two people, especially if one is pregnant. Some consumers report issue with assembly of the drawers—they don’t line up properly or one doesn’t close all the way after assembly. The price is on the more expensive side, but still under $300.
Price: $269 (plus save an extra $6.94 when you clip the Amazon coupon)
- Made from real wood, finished in a non-toxic painting process
- Includes safety strap and rails for safe changes
- Three sturdy drawers with metal glides
- Includes changing pad
- More expensive
- Changing pad included is thin; might have to purchase another one
- Need two persons for assembly process
- Some issues with assembly of drawers; not aligned properly, don’t close all the way, etc.
10. Best Affordable Changing Table: Summer Infant 2-Drawer Combo Changer (Black Cherry)
The Summer Infant 2-Drawer Combo Changer in Black Cherry is an inexpensive changing table with drawers, at just $109.95. It contains two drawers plus an open storage nook for extra storage with easy access. It has a stylish and elegant black cherry finish that looks amazing in a traditional nursery. Consumers overall seem to be pleased with the quality of the materials used. However, there are several complaints regarding the fact that this product was discontinued by the manufacturer and therefore it is somewhat difficult to get replacement parts if they are needed. Many consumers report issues with receiving warped boards, as well as the difficulty of installing the drawers correctly. This product is not too heavy at around 53 pounds. The changing tray on top of the dresser is not removable, so it doesn’t convert into a plain dresser after baby grows out of the changing table.
- Two drawers plus open storage nook for easy access
- Beautiful black cherry finish
- Made from sturdy materials
- Difficult to get replacement parts
- Some issues with installation of drawers
- Some consumers have reported receiving warped boards
- Changer tray not removable
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.