Baby wipes are something that you will need to purchase over and over and over again while your littles are in diapers. If you’re like me, you may go through a few different brands before you land on the ones that meet your and your baby’s needs for the best price. You may want to try a few different baby wipes at first and from there choose which ones are the best for you. And a little tip from parent to parent: If you purchase a brand and find that they don’t work out (say your baby’s skin is too sensitive for them, or they tear too easily), then you can hang onto them and use them as cleaning wipes! No worries about wasting your hard earned money.
Common Ingredients to Watch Out for in Baby Wipes
We know the safety and comfort of your baby is paramount, so here are some common ingredients to avoid when choosing the best baby wipes.
- Phthalates – Found in baby wipes with added fragrance; the word “phthalates” may not appear on the label.
- Parabens – Parabens are sometimes used as a highly effective preservative in foods and, yes, some baby wipes. Although the FDA has deemed them safe, there are some ongoing studies regarding this ingredient.
- Phenoxyethanol – Another preservative found in baby wipes designed to prevent growth of harmful bacteria, phenoxyethanol is deemed to be safe in the relatively small doses that are used in baby wipes.
- Polysorbate-20 – This is an emulsifier that keeps ingredients from separating. It’s produced by using ethylene oxide, which may contaminate the final product with carcinogenic 1,4-dioxane.
- Tocopheryl Acetate – A type of vitamin E, this ingredient is sometimes produced using hydroquinone, which if not cleaned up properly can leave trace amounts in the final product.
Subscribe & Save to Save Money on Baby Wipes
Many of these baby wipes brands are available for a discount when you sign up for Amazon Subscribe & Save. Sign up today to get your monthly necessities sent to you and save up to 15%! If you have more than you need, it’s super easy to push back a delivery until later.
You can take a look at our top 10 best changing tables with drawers here, as well as stock up on some of our picks for the top 10 best disposable diapers. Or if you’ve got an older kiddo still in diapers but ready to make the transition, you can check out our reviews of the top 10 best potty training pants for toddlers and our top 10 best travel potties for babies and toddlers.
There are tons of highly rated baby wipes brands out there, so we culled through the reviews and chose our top 10 best baby wipes. Whether you’re looking for the biggest bargain, the easiest baby wipes on the environment or the best baby wipes for sensitive skin, you’ll find our favorites here in this list.
1. Best Baby Wipes with Fragrance: Huggies One & Done Refreshing Baby Wipes
Huggies One & Done Refreshing Baby Wipes are designed to be extra strong to stand up to tough poop diapers. They are thick and have a special texture to grab more mess. Many consumers report that they really do work more efficiently than other brands, requiring fewer baby wipes per diaper. So even though the cost per unit isn’t the lowest, you still may get just as much bang for your buck as compared to the more inexpensive brands. These baby wipes contain refreshing green tea and cucumber for a bath-like clean that smells nice. Each refill pack has a reusable closure that is convenient for busy parents. (Who wants to grab a pair of scissors when you need to open a new baby wipes pack?!)
These baby wipes are not fragrance free, and the texture is on the rough side, as compared to other baby wipes, so these may not be great for cleaning up messes on baby’s sensitive face. Some consumers have complained that these baby wipes are very wet, which can be polarizing. They are not formulated to be hypoallergenic.
Price: from $23.11 for 648 baby wipes | $0.04 per unit
- Contain refreshing green tea & cucumber for a bath-like clean
- Thicker wipes that have a special texture to grab more
- Each refill pack has a resealable closure that is super convenient
- Not fragrance free
- Texture is a bit rougher than other wipes
- Some consumers complain wipes are too wet
2. Best Bargain Baby Wipes: Pampers Baby Wipes Baby Fresh
Pampers Baby Wipes Baby Fresh are an inexpensive brand of wipes that are hypoallergenic and developed for sensitive skin. The lotion used to make these wipes soft is water based. These baby wipes have a soft-grip texture that is meant to give a soft, gentle clean to sensitive tushies. However, some consumers report that they are too thin and do not work as hard as other baby wipes brands.
These wipes are not fragrance free—but consumers do report liking the pleasing, soothing fragrance. Unfortunately, the refill packs do not have the individual resealable tabs, which many parents find frustrating. When you’re in the middle of changing a diaper, it can be a pain to have top rip open a new pack, especially one-handed. And once the new pack is open, you will need a container or wipes holder to stash the wipes in so they stay fresh.
Price: $13.15 for 504 baby wipes | $0.02 per unit (18 percent off MSRP)
- Soft-grip texture for a soft, gentle clean
- Refill packs do not have individual resealable tabs
- Not fragrance free
- Thinner as compared to other baby wipes brands
3. Best Hypoallergenic Baby Wipes: Huggies Simply Clean Baby Wipes
Huggies Simply Clean Baby Wipes are fragrance-free, alcohol-free and paraben-free baby wipes that are hypoallergenic and detmatologically tested. They’re very affordable at around $0.02 per wipe, and this set comes with nine packs of wipes that are individually sealed with a resealable opening to pull wipes from. This makes them so handy to throw in your diaper bag, or to keep on the changing table. They are marketed as useful for wiping hands, faces and bums.
Some consumers complain that these baby wipes are difficult to pull out of the packaging with one hand due to the wipes not being attached in a chain-like fashion. Other consumers note that these baby wipes are on the dry side and tend to feel rough on skin, as well as that they tear easily.
Price: $12.80 for 648 baby wipes | $0.02 per unit
- Each container has a convenient resealable opening to pull baby wipes from
- Fragrance free, alcohol free, paraben free
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested
- Some consumers note they are difficult to pull out of the package one-handed
- Some consumers note that these baby wipes are on the dry side
- Some consumers note that these baby wipes tear easily
4. Best Biodegradable Baby Wipes: Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes
Kirkland Premium Baby Wipes are made of 100% renewable and 100% biodegradable Tencel fibers, which make them ultra soft, strong and absorbent. Kirkland claims that these wipes are flushable, which is a great bonus! These wipes are chlorine free and hypoallergenic, so they should be safe for sensitive, allergy-prone skin. They contain aloe and vitamin E, which make them soothing and gentle. This brand is carried by Costco, but now you can get them on Amazon if you don’t live near a Costco or have a membership—or if you just like the convenience of having them shipped directly to you. Although the item description says this purchase is for 13.8 pounds, if you read the product description lower on the page, you will see that this purchase is for nine sets of 100 wipes each, getting you to the low price of around $0.02 per wipe. Each wipe package has an easy-access, resealable flip-top lid for your convenience.
Some consumers note that these wipes tend to stick together when you try to pull them out of the package. Other consumers seem to have received a product that is not in fact unscented. This product is currently not eligible for Prime shipping—shipping costs will run you about an extra eight dollars.
Price: $23.26 for 900 baby wipes | $0.03 per wipe
- Very inexpensive
- Chlorine free and hypoallergenic
- Contain aloe and vitamin E
- Consumers note that sometimes they pull out two or three wipes instead of one because they stick together
- Not eligible for Prime shipping, so shipping will run you around an extra eight dollars
- Some complaints that newer version of the wipes is not unscented
5. Best Free & Clear Baby Wipes: Seventh Generation Free & Clear Baby Wipes
Seventh Generation Free & Clear Baby Wipes are the ones we chose to use for our firstborn, and we were really happy with them. They’re a little more expensive than average, but we saved on these by signing up for deliveries via Amazon Subscribe & Save. We loved these wipes because they are free & clear: they’re fragrance free and contain no alcohol, parabens or phenoxyethanol, making them some of the cleanest, safest wipes on the market. These wipes are manufactured in the USA with US and globally sourced materials. Seventh Generation baby wipes are gentle for baby’s sensitive skin (and can be used on hands, face and bum); they’re also strong enough to tackle big messes.
Some consumers note that these wipes tend to pill and leave behind little particles after use. There are also some complaints that the lids on the resealable wipes packages do not stay closed.
Price: $28.49 for 768 baby wipes| $0.04 per unit
- Fragrance free and no alcohol, parabens or phenoxyethanol
- Made in the USA with US and globally sourced materials
- Gentle wipes made for baby’s sensitive skin yet strong enough to tackle big messes
- More expensive as compared to other brands
- Some consumers say these wipes tend to pill and leave behind little particles
- Some complaints that lids on resealable wipes packages do not stay closed
6. Best Soothing Baby Wipes: Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes are an affordable natural brand that is fragrance free, alcohol free, paraben free, phenoxyethanol free and methylisothiazolinone (MIT) free. These wipes are hypoallergenic and made to be softer for sensitive skin, so they are ideal for newborns. They’re made with soothing aloe and vitamin E for a gentle touch. These refill packs each have a resealable closure to keep wipes fresh and make it easy to tote them on the go.
Some consumers have noted that the wipes are very soft and wet, and tend to tear easily when using them. There are also some complaints about the packaging—for instance, that the packages are packed with so many wipes that they tend to dry out before you can use them all (unless you have a larger sealable tub that you can place them in). Finally, there are lots of consumer complaints about receiving a product that is inconsistent with the description, most especially one including added fragrance. Pay attention to your packaging, and make sure to contact the manufacturer if you have any issues, as they will more than likely be happy to correct the problem.
Price: $13.90 for 648 baby wipes | $0.02 per unit
- Softer for sensitive skin, ideal for newborns, with soothing aloe and vitamin E
- Fragrance free, alcohol free, paraben free, phenoxyethanol free and MIT free
- Product received is inconsistent
- Wipes tend to rip
- Some complaints about packaging, including that there are so many in one package that they tend to dry out before you can use them all
7. Best Baby Wipes with Resealable Packaging: Amazon Elements Baby Wipes
Did you know Amazon has their own brand of baby wipes? They come in three varieties: Sensitive, Fresh Scent and Unscented. The Sensitive, which I have reviewed, are very highly rated, and they’re affordable at less than $0.02 per wipe. Plus, save more by signing up for Amazon Subscribe & Save. These baby wipes come in individual, resealable packs with convenient flip-top lids. These sensitive wipes are free of added fragrances, parabens, dyes, alcohol, phthalates, bronopol and methylisothiazolinone.
However, these wipes do contain phenoxyethanol and polysorbate-20. (You can see more information about these ingredients at the beginning of this article.) Consumers have complained that the resealable packaging isn’t ideal—sometimes it doesn’t stay closed, and sometimes you have to turn it upside down in order for it to keep the baby wipes fresh. Some consumers prefer a wipe that is wetter, as these tend to be on the dryer side.
Price: $11.64 ($11.06 with Amazon Subscribe & Save) for 480 baby wipes | $0.02 per unit
- Come in individual, resealable packs with convenient flip-top lid
- Free of added fragrances, parabens, dyes, alcohol, phthalates, bronopol and methylisothiazolinone
- Contain phenoxyethanol & polysorbate-20 (see more info at the beginning of this article)
- Some issues with the construction of the resealable packaging
- On the dry side as compared to other baby wipes brands
8. Thickest Baby Wipes: Pampers Baby Wipes Sensitive
Pampers Baby Wipes Sensitive are an inexpensive brand of baby wipes that are the number one choice of hospitals. This sensitive formula is dermatologist tested, and it is perfume free and hypoallergenic. These baby wipes are made with a unique soft-grip texture that is designed to wipe more with less cleaning. They are also a thicker wipe, which should help you to need fewer baby wipes per diaper.
Although these baby wipes are marketed as “sensitive,” they do contain phenoxyethanol & benzyl alcohol, preservatives which can irritate sensitive skin, especially if you use them on the face. Consumers complain that this set does not come with a tub to store the baby wipes, as well as that the refill packages included do not have a snap-closure lid, just a sticker that reseals the pack. This can cause the baby wipes to not be sealed as well, which can lead to them drying out. Finally, some consumers have complained that these wipes are not as grippy as they would like and they do not perform as well as expected on big messes.
Price: $13.67 for 576 baby wipes | $0.02 per unit
- Number one choice of hospitals
- Dermatologist tested, perfume free and hypoallergenic
- Unique soft-grip texture and thicker baby wipe
- Contain phenoxyethanol & benzyl alcohol, which can potentially irritate skin
- Refill packages are resealable but don’t have a snap-closure lid, just a sticker
- Some complaints that they are not grippy enough to handle big messes
9. Best Nourishing Baby Wipes: Babyganics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes
At $19.12 for a pack of 400 baby wipes, Babyganics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes are not the cheapest of the bunch. However, they pack a punch as far as being low toxicity and safe for sensitive skin. These baby wipes receive consistently low ratings on the Environmental Working Group website, meaning you can trust that they are safe to use on your baby’s tender skin. These wipes contain no alcohol, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial dyes or fragrances. The new and improved formula includes their exclusive 100% natural NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend, which is made from plant-based ingredients including tomato, sunflower, cranberry, black cumin and red raspberry.
Some consumers have complained that they are slippery and don’t have quite enough texture for bigger messes. There have also been complaints of the wetness not being evenly distributed throughout the baby wipes packages.
Price: $16.99 for 400 baby wipes | $0.05 per unit (23 percent off MSRP)
- Very low rating on Environmental Working Group’s website
- No alcohol, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial dyes or fragrances
- New formula includes exclusive 100% natural NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend to help nurture and support baby’s skin
- More expensive as compared to other brands
- Consumers complain they do not have enough texture for big messes
- Some complaints that wetness is not evenly distributed throughout wipes packages
10. Safest Baby Wipes: WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes may just be the cleanest and purest baby wipes on the market. Made with 99.9% water and a drop of fruit extract, they do not contain any of the following: alcohol, perfume, chlorine, formaldehyde, parabens, phenols, phthalates, quaternary ammonium compounds, SLS and SLES, lanolin and unnecessary additives. Parents can trust that this product is safe to use on baby’s skin. WaterWipes have been awarded the National Eczema Association of America Seal of Acceptance.
These baby wipes are more expensive as compared to other baby wipes brands. They have a tendency to come out in clumps when you are pulling them out of the package—the manufacturer explains that this is because they don’t contain soaps or chemical lubricants to help with the dispensing of wipes from the pack. Some consumers report that these baby wipes tend to be very wet, which can be messy.
Price: $30.39 for 540 baby wipes | $0.06 per unit (Save an extra 15% off your first order when you clip the Amazon coupon)
- Awarded National Eczema Association of America Seal of Acceptance
- Wipes contain 99.9% water and a drop of fruit extract
- Free of alcohol, perfume, chlorine, formaldehyde, parabens, phenols, phthalates, quaternary ammonium compounds, SLS and SLES, lanolin and unnecessary additives
- More expensive as compared to other brands
- Wipes tend to come out in clumps when pulling from package
- Wipes tend to be very wet and can be messy
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.