Is there anything cuter than a fresh newborn baby, all snuggled up in a swaddle? Actually, the answer is yes: a fresh newborn baby, all snuggled up in a swaddle wearing one of the most adorable baby hair accessories around. Whether you’re looking for something for everyday wear to keep hair out of eyes, special occasions like a wedding or birthday party or for a a special newborn photo shoot you have planned, there are so many cute and affordable options out there. A few things to keep in mind are size, safety and durability.
Size is especially important when you’re looking at headbands because baby head size changes so much between birth and toddlerhood—just make sure your headband won’t be too large or too small before pulling the trigger. Safety is important as well. You’ll just want to make sure that if the hair accessory is small enough to fit in baby’s mouth that he or she cannot remove it on her own. Finally, durability—if you are looking for an accessory for a one-time event, then this may not matter as much, but when it comes to everyday items, you will want to make sure that your baby hair accessories hold up well over time.
If you’re looking for baby hair accessories as gifts, consider adding some of the top 10 best disposable diapers or the top 10 best sun hats for baby and toddler. If you’re a soon-to-be mom, don’t miss our ultimate list of the top 20 best diaper bags for new moms for 2017!
I’ve rounded up the sweetest, most adorable baby hair accessories of 2017. There’s everything from bows to clips to headbands to flowers on this list. Choose your fave below for everyday or that precious first photo shoot.
1. Best Faux Leather Baby Hair Accessories: Rabbit Ears Faux Leather Bow–Stretch Headbands for Baby (Set of four)
These Faux Leather Bow Headbands from California Tot are absolutely adorable. They’re designed by a mom from Irvine, California, so your purchase supports a small business. The faux leather rabbit ears style bows look on-trend yet perfectly appropriate for baby girls and toddlers. The vegan leather material is nice quality, and the headband is made from super non-slip, soft and stretchy nylon material. Aside from the gorgeous colors featured above, this set of four headbands comes in three other cute color combos. The manufacturer says these headbands should fit newborns all the way up to 10-year-olds.
Some consumers are disappointed in the sizing, saying that they fit tightly, even on some babies, and will probably not last into childhood. Likewise, some consumers note that these headbands tend to leave an indentation on their babies’ heads. California Tot notes that these headbands should be worn with adult supervision.
- Adorable and trendy faux leather style
- Made from super non-slip, super soft and stretchy nylon headband material
- Fit newborns to 10-year-olds
- Some consumers say they leave a mark on the head
- Some consumers note that the headbands are on the small side and won’t fit into childhood
- May require adult supervision
Find more Rabbit Ears Faux Leather Bow–Stretch Headbands for Baby (Set of four) information and reviews here.
2. Zelda Matilda Flower Baby & Newborn Girls Headband Set (Set of 18)
These strethable headbands from Zelda Matilda offer a sweet shabby chic style, featuring rosettes made from a delicate and soft fabric. With this set you get 18 different colored headbands in pink, black, daffodil, white, cream, red, lavender, royal blue, gray, mauve, neon yellow, tangerine, lime, hot pink, coral, teal and electric crimson. The headbands stretch, meaning they should fit newborns to toddlers and beyond. Use them for photo shoots, special occasions or everyday wear.
Some consumers note that some of the colors were not exactly as depicted in the product image—some are more vivid in real life, whereas they appear more muted in the photos. Some consumers note some fraying on the headbands, which leaves strands of fabric behind. Finally, some have noted that the sizing between individual headbands is not 100% consistent.
Price: $11.99 (59 percent off MSRP)
- You get headbands in 18 pretty colors
- Stretchable headband that grows with baby
- Pretty “shabby” rosette on each headband
- Some of the colors are not as depicted
- Some fraying that leaves strands of fabric behind
- Sizes between headbands not consistent
Find more Zelda Matilda Flower Baby & Newborn Girls Headband Set (Set of 18) information and reviews here.
3. Fullkang Baby Crown Woolen Yarn Knit Headband Hat
The Fullkang Baby Crown Woolen Yarn Knit Headband Hat is a crown-like woolen hat that works for both boy and girl babies. Although I think it would be absolutely perfect for newborn photo shoots, unfortunately, some consumers have noted that the crown is a bit too large for newborns. This crown hat is intended for ages six months to three years—it measures at 43 centimeters circumference. This sweet crown comes in five colors (my fave is the blue featured above) and is made from woolen yarn. Each color has little gold accents at the top. In addition to using for baby photos, this crown is fun for toddlers to play dress-up with.
Aside from the sizing not being as flexible compared to other baby hair accessories, this item is also not eligible for Prime shipping. You need to add an additional dollar for shipping costs, and it will take five to nine days to receive, assuming you check the expedited shipping box upon checkout.
- Gender neutral crown is a great option for boy babies
- Made from woolen yarn
- Comes in five adorable colors with gold accents
- Some consumers note that it is too big for newborns (43 centimeters)
- Size is not very flexible
- Not eligible for Prime shipping
4. Yazon Mini Felt Rose Flower with Leaf Baby Hair Accessories (Set of 32)
The Yazon Mini Felt Rose Flower with Leaf is another totally cute set of baby hair accessories that are great to use on newborns up to young children. There’s no issue with fit because each pretty felt rose with leaf is attached to a clip—no worrying about headband stretch or sizing. You get a whopping 32 pieces per set, two in each of 16 colors, so your baby will have a color (two, actually!) to match every outfit. These Yazon felt rose hair clips are handmade.
At almost $16, this set is a little more expensive than many others, but you get so many clips for your money. One consumer noted that two of her flowers fell off the clips after wearing them. These may require adult supervision because they can be a choking hazard if they come out of baby’s hair.
Price: $15.99 (50 percent off MSRP)
- Pretty felt rose design
- You get 32 pieces per set
- Handmade with a sturdy clip on back
- More expensive than other baby hair accessories
- One consumer noted that some of the flowers fell off the clip after use
- May require adult supervision
Find more Yazon Mini Felt Rose Flower with Leaf Baby Hair Accessories (Set of 32) information and reviews here.
5. Koony Baby Toddler Mixed Design Hair Clips (Set of 16)
The Koony Baby Mixed Design Hair Clips are a set of 16 plastic clips with baby- and kid-appropriate flower designs that would look adorable on any baby or toddler. Because they are clips, they easily attach to any hair, or even to an existing plain headband or hair tie. They come in a mix of fun, bright colors. Koony baby hair accessories are designed for children ages one through 10.
These clips are not intended for newborns. You should use caution and adult supervision when young children are wearing them because they could present a choking hazard. Some consumers have reported inconsistent quality with these clips, such as broken clips or improper lining on the clips, which makes them more difficult to grip hair.
Price: $11.95 (8 percent off MSRP)
- Cute 16 piece flower clips in lots of different colors
- Easy attachment to hair, woven headbands, crochet headbands and more
- For children ages one through 10
- Not intended for newborns
- Some consumers report that one or two of the clips were broken upon receiving
- Some consumers report that some of the clips are not lined properly for gripping
6. YSense Baby Girl Multicolor Hair Hoops Headbands (Set of six)
The YSense Baby Girl Multicolor Hair Hoops Headbands comes in a set of six multi-colored soft headbands, each with a small polka dot pattern and knotted fabric style. These headbands are the perfect size for newborn shoots, designed to fit babies zero to six months. I’ve seen mom headbands in similar styles and think they would be just perfect for matching outfits!
These headbands, though stretchy, are not meant to be adjustable for older children. Some consumers have reported receiving colors/patterns not as pictured in the product description; some have even received holiday-themed headbands as part of the set.
Price: $8.99 (40 percent off MSRP)
- Set comes with six headbands in a variety of color combos
- Cute knotted style with polka dot accents
- Perfect for newborn photo shoots
- Not intended for babies older than six months
- Not adjustable
- Some consumers report receiving colors/patterns not as pictured
Find more YSense Baby Girl Multicolor Hair Hoops Headbands (Set of six) information and reviews here.
7. Toptim Turban Knotted Headbands for Baby Girls (Set of 10)
Similar to the YSense headbands above, these Toptim Turban Knotted Headbands come in a combination of prints, each one sporting a bow instead of just a knotted look. They are extremely feminine and pretty for baby girls. These headbands are made from a soft cotton/polyester blend (85/15) and come in a set of 10, including florals, stripes, polka dots and stars prints. (There are additional choices, including all polka dot patterns, all solids, etc.) These headbands have a 14-inch girth and are very stretchy—they are intended for children ages zero through six years old.
These headbands are a little pricier than some of the other options—most likely because you’re getting a full set of 10. Some consumers note that the headbands tend to break fairly easily; for example, the bow can come unattached from the headband. You can fix these problems on your own if you have a hot glue gun. Finally, some consumers note that the material appears more like spandex than cotton.
- Pretty and varied prints with stylish “bunny ears” bows
- Intended for ages zero through six years
- Made with a soft cotton/polyester blend
- More expensive as compared to other baby hair accessories
- Tend to break fairly easily
- Some consumers note that the material appears more like spandex than cotton
8. Ncmama Baby Girls Nylon Headbands with Flower Accents (Set of 10)
These skinny headbands from Ncmama are made from nylon and have a ton of stretch. They’re designed to grow with baby, so they should work for all ages of children. The nylon material is very soft and comfy on tender heads. Each pack comes with 10 headbands, featuring a variety of fun floral designs in lots of different muted colors, from a dusty pink to black. They should match lots of different baby and toddler outfits. Ncmama provides a 100% money back guarantee if you are not fully satisfied with this product.
At $16 per pack, these headbands are a little more expensive than average. Some consumers complain that the headbands are too small (but that the manufacturer is willing to correct the problem if necessary), as well as the fact that they can leave a mark on your child’s head after use.
Price: $15.99 (38 percent off MSRP)
- Lots of variety within a single pack of 10 headbands
- Soft and stretchy headbands that grow with baby
- 100% money back guarantee
- More expensive as compared to some other brands
- Bands tend to leave a slight mark on baby/child’s head
- Too small for some babies
Find more Ncmama Baby Girls Nylon Headbands with Flower Accents (Set of 10) information and reviews here.
9. Prohouse Ribbon Hair Bow Clips for Babies & Toddlers (Set of 40)
The most bang for your buck, this $10 set gives you 40 bow barrettes, or 20 matching pairs if you’re using them for pigtails. They’re made from a grosgrain ribbon and come in 20 different vivid and fun colors. The hair bows are three inches in size and attached to alligator clips that should fit children of all ages. Use them on babies all the way up through early childhood. In addition to hair, you can attach these barrettes to headbands, hats or pretty much anything else you can think of.
Some consumers have reported some of their hair bows falling apart, as well as some inconsistencies in sizing and the way these baby hair accessories are constructed. Adult supervision may be required with babies and toddlers who are still prone to putting things in their mouths.
- Includes 40 brightly colored bow barrettes
- Generous size and made from soft ribbon
- Fit all ages
- Some consumers report that some of their bows tend to fall apart
- Some inconsistencies in construction
- Adult supervision may be required
Find more Prohouse Ribbon Hair Bow Clips for Babies & Toddlers (Set of 40) information and reviews here.
10. Belle Beau Baby Girls Ribbon Lined Alligator Hair Clips (Set of eight)
These handmade ribbon-lined clips from Belle Beau are made of alligator clips lined with ribbon and embellished with various designs, from bows to flowers. You get eight pieces per set, and there are 22 different color sets available, each with a variety of styles in the same color family. These clips are designed to fit children ages zero through six. Because they’re clips and not headbands, they can grow with your child for a longer period of time. These baby hair accessories are embellished using nontoxic glues.
Some consumers are disappointed in the size of the bows, measuring around one inch. The proportions tend to work better for newborns or young babies as compared to older kids. Some consumers have noted their hair clips falling apart, but the manufacturer will replace them in some cases. Adult supervision may be required, as these can be a choking hazard, and they have small parts that can come unattached.
Price: $9.99 (47 percent off MSRP)
- Handmade ribbon-lined alligator baby hair clips that you can purchase in 22 different color packs
- Fits children ages zero through six
- Embellished using nontoxic glues
- Some consumers disappointed in the size of bows (around one inch)
- Some consumers report that the hair clips tend to fall apart (though manufacturer will replace if necessary)
- Adult supervision may be required
Find more Belle Beau Baby Girls Ribbon Lined Alligator Hair Clips (Set of eight) information and reviews here.
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook