Heavy, a leading news and information site with 40 million monthly unique visitors worldwide, seeks to partner with an ambitious and energetic freelance entertainment contributor.
Join forces with a lightning-fast organization that reacts in real time to emerging trends. Learn about methods to rapidly add value and harness massive audience.
We’re seeking motivated self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to make Heavy even more of a go-to destination for coverage of TV, music, movies and celebrity news.
Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A passion for and understanding of TV, music, movies and celebrity news
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability and desire to react rapidly to breaking news
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Ability to quickly navigate social media — especially Twitter — to spot breaking news and find additional information after a story breaks
- Ability to produce clean and polished copy
Work autonomously and remotely. Compensation is based on performance. Room to grow for exceptional performers. Send cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Managing Editor Ben Doody at firstname.lastname@example.org, with Entertainment contributor as the subject line.