Heavy, a leading news and information site, seeks to partner with ambitious and energetic freelance news contributors.
We’re seeking motivated self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit. Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability and desire to react rapidly to breaking news
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Ability to quickly navigate social media — especially Twitter — to spot breaking news and find additional information after a story breaks
- Ability to produce clean and polished copy
- Knowledge of and interest in national politics and public policy, which have become a pillar of Heavy’s news coverage
Work autonomously and remotely. Compensation is based on performance.
Room to grow for exceptional performers. Send cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Managing Editor Ben Doody at email@example.com, with News contributor in the subject line.