Getting the right accessory can make photography easy, fun, and more simple. These accessories include lighting, tripods, stabilizers, and straps. Each and every one will help make your shooting and capturing experience all the better. Be sure to make sure that each accessory is compatible with your particular Canon DSLR.
Here are the top 10 best Canon DSLR accessories available in 2018:
1. AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control
Activate one’s camera remotely and save yourself the issues caused by camera shake and vibration. This affordable remote lets one get the pictures they need at an affordable price. For $8.49, it’s a no-frills device that works with most Canon cameras. While a few users had minor issues. By far and in large, this is an excellent product to take long exposure shots, or anything else that will benefit from not having someone touch or move a camera.
Buy the AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control here.
- Activates shutter remotely works with large variety of cameras
- Compatible with: T5i, T4i, T3i, T2i, T1i, XT, XTi, XSi, 5D Mark II, III, 100D, 6D, 60D, 7D, 70D, 300D, 350D,400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D
- Range of 10 feet
- Short battery life
- One user had an issue with remote being stuck in two second delay mode
Find more AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control information and reviews here.
2. MagicFiber Cleaning Clothes (6 Pack)
Cleaning one’s camera is a key part of maintenance and making sure your gear continues to work well into the future. These MagicFiber cloths make this simple and easy as they are effective for cleaning all parts of a camera: lenses, body, and anything else that can be cleaned by small, soft clothes. They’re also great to have around to clean screens and other sensitive surfaces. They make a great gift or stocking stuffer.
Price: $8.99 (31 percent off MSRP)
Buy the MagicFiber Cleaning Clothes (6 Pack) here.
- 90 day warranty from DigitalGoja
- Easy way to clean all kinds of surfaces
- Includes gray cloth to calibrate exposure and color on camera
- Affordable, makes for a great gift
- Some may find six cloths to be excessive
Find more MagicFiber Cleaning Clothes (6 Pack) information and reviews here.
3. Altura Photo Rubber Eyepiece
For those who struggle with using stock viewfinders and digital viewfinders, this Altura eyepiece alleviates several of the most salient problems including excess light and a lack of comfort. The eyepiece also rotates meaning one can use either eye to check out the action. It’s a great product for making using your camera more ergonomic and comfortable.
Buy the Altura Photo Rubber Eyepiece here.
- Praised for ability to block lights
- Makes looking through one’s viewfinder comfortable and more clear by blocking extraneous light
- Ergonomic, rubber design
- 90-day DigitalGoja 100% guarantee
- On cameras with large swivel LCDs, eyepiece can impair screen movement
- A few users found optics too poor to be useful
Find more Altura Photo Rubber Eyepiece information and reviews here.
4. Amazon Basics Lightweight Tripod
A tripod makes everything easier. Time-lapses, precise shots, and portraits are all made a lot more simple by having an easily configurable device that lets you get the exact image you want. This is a simple tripod and it won’t do for panning in video, but for straightforward position of a camera, it’s great.
Buy the Amazon Basics LIghtweight Tripod here.
- Release plate allows for quick
- 3-way head makes rotating, tilting, and panning simple
- Two bubble levels make finding the right spot easy
- Lightweight and somewhat compact
- Blocks some camera’s articulating screens
- Center tube can be shaky
- Some found setup difficult
- Build quality is just OK
Find more Amazon Basics Lightweight Tripod information and reviews here.
5. Movo Rapid Action Strap
Take the weight off your shoulders and neck and give yourself convenient access to your DSLR. This rapid action strap lets one get the shots they need while distributing weight more evenly. It also has a particularly long strap meaning it should work even for the tallest users.
Price: $17.95 (18 percent off MSRP)
Buy the Movo Rapid Action Strap here.
- Works with any camera that has a tripod mount
- Easily use camera by sliding
- 60″ means it should work on all but extremely tall users
- Some users found setup difficult
- Carabiner could be better quality
Find more Movo Rapid Action Strap information and reviews here.
6. Neewer Timer Remote Control
For those looking to trigger their camera from a distance or to take perfectly-timed timelapses, the Neewer Timer Remote Control offers a bevy of options with few limitations. A few minor gripes some have are the limit of 399 exposures and the lack of an on/off switch. Otherwise, for the price, this Neewer Timer Remote Control adds a ton of values and features at a very low price.
Buy the Neewer Timer Remote Control here.
- Timelapse, delay, and remote control features
- Uses two triple AAA batteries for simple power
- Tons of options and easy to use
- Build quality is middling
- A small minority of users had issues with durability
- Max number of exposures at 399
- No on/off button
Find more Neewer Timer Remote Control information and reviews here.
7. Chrome Macro Ring Light
Nothing improves portraits like ring lights. This affordable option from Chromo will take your close-ups to the next level. With 48 LED lights and three operation modes (whole, left, and right), it will let you get the look you want at a great price. It takes double AA batteries and offers users a “secret weapon” to take beautiful pictures of people or close subjects.
Buy the Chrome Macro Ring Light here.
- Powered by two AA batteries
- LED ringlight includes six different adapter rings for variety of camera sizes
- 3 operation modes for variety of looks: whole light, half right, half left
- Takes beautiful portraits
- A few users had issues with unit upon reception but many praise ease of return
- One user found his camera didn’t fit, be sure to check compatibility
Find more Chrome Macro Ring Light information and reviews here.
8. Neewer Flash Speedlite
Buying a flash unit is one of the easiest ways to take your photography to the next level. What’s most amazing about this unit is that it’s so affordable. For $31.99, one can get a versatile and high quality Speedlite unit. While it doesn’t match the quality of Canon’s official offerings ($200+), the value far exceeds it. For many, this Speedlite will more than deliver. For those who will find it limiting, it can still offer a great starter’s course to using external flash units. At this price, there is no singular way as affordable and effective for increasing the quality of one’s photos.
Buy the Neewer Flash Speedlite here.
- Makes pictures look professional and well-lit
- Eight steps of flash control, meaning one can get as little or as much light as one needs
- Extremely affordable
- Rotates 270 degrees, tilts up and down 90 degrees
- Build quality is what you’d expect for $30
- Some users had issues with certain double AA batteries not working
Find more Neewer Flash Speedlite information and reviews here.
9. Joby GorillaPod Flexible Tripod
For those who want to put their camera any which way, the GorillaPod is an insanely popular product known for adding ergonomics and flexibility to anyone’s photograph arsenal. While it’s not great for all situations, if you’re one looking for curious angles, or an easy way to use your DSLR as a selfie camera, the GorillaPod is a great choice.
Buy the Joby GorillaPod Flexible Tripod here.
- Strong, long-lasted and flexible
- Can be put in trees, around poles, and in variety of interesting configuration
- Easily holds phones and small cameras, can be used with medium cameras with some effort
- Portable and small
- Extremely short, must be attached to something for any height
- Some users had problems with the mount
Find more Joby GorillaPod Flexible Tripod information and reviews here.
10. Roxant Pro Handheld Stabilizer (Best value)
For cameras up to 2.1lbs the Roxant Pro offers an affordable and effective stabilization solution. Some minor drawbacks include a learning curve and that ultimately, the user bares the full weight of their camera plus that of the stabilizer; IE it can be a bit hard on the arms. Still, for the price, the quality and value added by this stabilizer is excellent.
Check out more of the best camera stabilizers. There are other models that require no practice.
Buy the Roxant Pro Handheld Stabilizer here.
- Works with GoPro, DSLR, mirrorless cameras, and point and shoot
- Lifetime support from manufacturer
- Users say balancing stabilizer is easy
- Users say it’s easy to use after initial setup, effective, and affordable
- Some claimed that stock product requires enhancement and to be hacked
- One user was unable to use stabilizer effectively