Wolverine, Storm, Professor X, Magneto and the rest of the wild and varied cast of mutants from X-Men are preparing for a return to the big screen. Days of Future Past’s epic trailers not only put several new mutants and their magnificent powers on display, but it also shows off the dangerous mutant killing Sentinel robots.
In order to change the future for the better, the mutants of the future must band together with their past selves and prevent each other’s extinction. This comic book superhero inspired film is ready to debut in theaters real soon and showcase the best of the X-Men universe.
Here’s everything you need to know about this summer’s X-Men movie blockbuster, Days of Future Past!
1. The Film is Inspired by a Storyline from the Uncanny X-Men
X-Men: Days of Future Past focuses on the survival of Marvel Comics’ mutants as they seek to change the past in order to survive into the future. The film’s plot is mainly based on the 1981 Uncanny X-Men storyline, “Days of Future Past,” which was written by Christopher S. “Chris” Claremont and John Byrne. This particular storyline in the Uncanny X-Men series was so well regarded by comic book fans that its 1st issue was voted as the 25th greatest comic in Marvel history.
2. It’s the 7th Film in the X-Men Series
20th Century Fox has been responsible for distributing the X-Men films since 2000. Check out the full list below to see the list of X-Men films that have been released in preparation for Days of Future Past:
• X-Men (2000)
• X2: X-Men United (2003)
• X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
• X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
• X-Men: First Class (2011)
• The Wolverine (2013)
3. Wolverine is Taking The Lead Time Traveler Role Instead of Kitty Pride
The movie’s main time traveling protagonist differs from the one seen in the comics. Marvel mutant Kate Pryde, a powerful individual with the ability to utilize a phasing ability that allows her to take a non-physical form, sends her conscience into her past self (Kitty Pryde) in order to prevent a harmful future for mutants.
As for the movie, Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is sent back in time in order to prevent the same depressing future events that transpired in the comics. Wolverine’s healing factor determined his ability to be able to withstand the rigors of time travel. Kitty Pryde will star in the movie alongside the other mutants, though.
4. The Rosters of the 1st Three X-Men Films and First Class Will Finally be Together
Both casting rosters from the 1st three X-Men films and the prequel film First Class will finally be brought together in this epic mashup film. The past and future versions of the film series characters (Professor X and Magneto) will be brought together this time as James McAvoy/Patrick Stewart and Michael Fassbender and Ian McKellen reprise their important roles.
5. Five New Mutants Will Join the Returning Cast
Five new mutants will be making their onscreen debut in X-Men: Days of Future Past:
• Quicksilver: played by Evan Peters. Has the ability to use super speed.
• Bishop: played by Omar Sy. Able to absorb different forms of energy and redirect them in beam form.
• Warpath: played by Booboo Stewart. Has the abilities of flight, super strength and other varied super powers.
• Blink: played by Fan Bingbing. She’s capable teleporting herself and others through pink portals. These portals make the same noise associated with her name.
• Sunspot: played by Adan Canto. Can absorb and redirect solar energy. Abilities similar to Bishop.
Discuss on Facebook