The Transformers are making their live-action return to the big screen!
This time, they’re being forced to deal with the threat of a planet that no longer wants their presence. From everything that’s been displayed in the explosive trailers, it looks like the denizens of Earth will need the assistance of Optimus Prime and his heroic team of allied Autobots. Besides the plot details, there’s a lot more important information about this 4th entry that you’ll need to read about.
Here’s the top 10 facts you need to know about Transformers: Age of Extinction!
1. The Storyline Takes Place a Few Years After the 3rd Film
Age of Extinction occurs four years after Dark of the Moon. The Earth is recovering after a climactic and explosive battle between the Autobots and Decepticons that transpired in Chicago. Due to the public’s negative perception of the Transformers, the U.S. government looks to wipe out any remaining Autobots/Decepticons left on Earth. Another key point of the plot revolves around a powerful businessman and his scientists as they look to learn from the Transformers technology and push the boundaries of it all. However, they seem to push it beyond a place where they can’t control it all.
2. Mark Wahlberg Has Taken the Lead Human Role from Shia Labeouf
Shia Labeouf was known as the main human protagonist in the last three Transformers movies. This time around, his lead role has been given to a new male star – Mark Wahlberg. Wahlberg plays the role of Cade Yeager, a single father and struggling inventor who happens to come upon Optimus Prime as a rusty Marmon 97 semi-truck. Autobots leader Optimus Prime no longer feels that humankind is as trustworthy and noble as he once thought. Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) does his best to convince Optimus Prime that there is still some good left in the humans of Earth.
While speaking to Entertainment Weekly in their Summer Movie 2014 Preview issue, Wahlberg spoke in detail about the storyline and his newfound partnership with Optimus Prime:
They (the U.S. government) basically want to wipe out all the Transformers, all the Autobots. Optimus has lost all faith in humankind, and I’m trying to convince him there is still good in the world and we need to work together.
3. Here’s The List of Autobots Who Will Be Present
If you’ve been curious about which returning and debuting Transformers will pop up in Age of Extinction, check out the full list below to see who those Autobots will be and what automobile disguise they’ll be taking:
• Optimus Prime (a rusty Marmon 97 Semi-Truck & a blue/red Western Star 4900 Phantom Custom Semi-Trailer Truck)
• Bumblebee (a modified 1967 Camaro & a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Concept Car)
• Ratchet (a light-green Rescue Hummer H2)
• Hound (an Oshkosh Defense Medium Tactical Vehicle)
• Crosshairs (a green 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
• Drift (a black and blue 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse)
• Brains (a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge)
4. Here’s The Decepticons Who Will Be Present Opposite the Autobots
As for the evil Decepticons, here’s the full list of which ones will face off with the Autobots and what vehicles they’ll be transforming into and out of:
• Galvatron (a black and grey 2014 Freightliner Argosy Cab Over Trailer)
• Lockdown (a grey 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP-7004 Coupe)
• Stinger (a red and black 2013 Pagani Huayra)
• Junkheap (a Chinese Garbage Truck)
• Several unnamed and different colored Chevrolet Traxes
5. The Dinobots Will Finally Be Making Their Way Into the Films
Age of Extinction is going to feature another brand of fighting robots – the fan-favorite Dinobots. The Dinobots who’re making their way into the film includes:
• Grimlock (a Tyrannosaurus Rex)
• Strafe (a two-headed and two-tailed Pteranodon)
• Slug (a Triceratops)
• Scorn (a 3-tailed Spinosaurus)
• Slash (a Velociraptor)
• Slog (a Apatosaurus)
• Snarl (a Stegosaurus)
Discuss on Facebook