Tonight at 10:00 p.m. is the season 3 premiere of Nashville. Read on for all the cast info, premiere spoilers, stars departing the show, and sexy guest stars this season.
– The synopsis for the premiere episode titled “That’s Me Without You” reads:
Rayna must choose between two men and two directions her life could take.
– Guest stars Derek Hough and Laura Benanti will come on board this season. As far as Benanti goes, E.P. Dee Johnson says:
She’s great. She’s got kind of a lengthy arc with us and it’s really been enjoyable. And I don’t think it’s necessarily a matter of competition as much as the character that Laura plays, Sadie, is kind of in the mid zone of a performer on the rise. Not like a brand new performer like Scarlett was in season one but somebody who’s sort of right there on the precipice of being somebody. And so they’re probably closer to being peers in that regard. I actually think they end up being friends more than competitors.
And, as far as Derek Hough goes:
Well, we were looking for somebody who could have movie star good looks and would really have the right chemical reaction with Hayden and it just sort of fell into place. There was the desire I think on his part and on me on our part and those things sort of coalesced and we got him on the show and it’s been really wonderful having him … I will tell you that he plays a movie star that interacts with one of our characters that sings. How about that?
– Derek Hough’s character is interested in Juliette. Hough will be playing an actor called Noah West who is involved in a biopic of country music superstar Patsy Cline, as reported by TV Line. Hayden Panettiere’s character Juliette becomes involved in the movie, and that’s how she and Noah West have sparks fly. Check out a sneak peek in the below Vine:
– TV Guide has reported that:
Connie Britton hinted on Instagram that her character Rayna’s sister Tandy would be departing “Nashville” in Season 3. Tandy will leave for San Francisco early in the season.
– The title for Season 3 Episode 5 is “Road Happy.”
– There will be live performances on the show premiere by Will Lexington, Deacon Claybourn, and Florida Georgia Line with Charles Esten. Executive Producer Dee Johnson gives details on the performances to TV Fanatic:
It was something that was kind of always floating in the back of our minds because we have actors who really do walk the walk and talk the talk. They really are, they’re musical in their own right and it was always like people really need to know that they’re just not lip synching to play back. It really is more than that. So we always sort of thought that somewhere down the line we would do something like this if we could pull it off. And then it seemed, where we came up with the idea of how we were going to effuse it, we came up with the conceit for it in the first episode and it all just sort of fell into place.
– As far as whether or not Rayna says “yes” to the proposal, Dee Johnson states:
Let’s put it this way. There is an answer in episode one, but answers change. We have a whole season to get through after that, but there is an answer.