Glenn Frey had three children with wife Cindy Millican, but who was his first Janie Beggs? The music legend and co-founder of the Eagles just passed away from intestinal complications at the age of 67. Before his current wife, Cindy, he had a short marriage to Janie.
Here’s what you need to know.
1. They Were Married from 1983 to 1988 and She Was a Texas Debutante
Glenn Frey and Janie were only married for about five years, from 1983 to 1988. Janie was a debutante from Texas, according to Huffington Post. An artist in Fort Worth, she and Glenn were drawn to each other.
Her family owns Beggs Cattle Company in Texas. The company raises commercial cattle and quarter horses, with ranching done the traditional way using horses. The business won the Charles Goodnight Award in 2005. The business has a long history dating back to the early 1900s. The ranches have locations in Parker, King, Kent, Stonewall, Dickens, Garza, and Cochran counties.
2. They Couldn’t Reconcile Their DifferencesUnfortunately, Janie Beggs and Glenn Frey couldn’t reconcile their differences. In 1988, their opposing personalities clashed too much and they divorced.
3. Glenn Referred to Her As ‘Plaintiff’ in Concert
In concert, Glenn would sometimes refer to his first wife Janie as “Plaintiff.” It cracked fans up, especially when he made the reference before singing the song “Lyin’ Eyes.” This was apparently a routine joke that he frequently used in concerts, Aspen Times reported. Fans on Twitter can attest to that:
4. Glenn Frey And Cindy Millican Began Dating Around the Same Time As His DivorceAccording to The Huffington Post, Glenn Frey and Cindy Millican got married in 1990 after a two-year courtship. This puts the beginning of their relationship around roughly the same time that his divorce with Janie took place.
5. Glenn and Cindy Have Had a Long and Happy Marriage Since 1990Although Glenn’s first marriage didn’t work out, he and Cindy have had a long and happy marriage. They were married in 1990 and were still together when he passed away in 2016. They have three children together: Taylor, 24, and sons Deacon, 22, and Otis, 13.