Over the past week, Disney and Marvel have released a trio of deleted scenes from Captain America: Civil War ahead of the film’s Blu-Ray and DVD release. Each scene provides a bit more insight into the characters, even if they are very brief.
The above clip, which was first shared by USA Today shows Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) having a discussion with Black Panther/T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman). In the scene, Black Widow makes it clear that T’Challa should sign the Sokovia Accords.
In the above deleted scene, the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) tells Cap (Chris Evans) that he needs to get a shield too after Cap throws it at War Machine (Don Cheadle). The scene takes place during the big airport fight sequence and is unfinished. You can see green screen and incomplete animation in the clip.
In the above 40-second scene, we see Zemo (Daniel Bruhl) sitting in a train station, listening to a phone message. He talks to a man, who happens to be co-director Joe Russo, on the platform.
Other featurettes that will appear on the Blu-ray have been previewed online. The following clip is called vision, Scarlet Witch & Bucky:
According to Disney’s press release, the Blu-ray will include:
- Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 & Part 2 – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gag Reel – Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes – Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of Captain America: Civil War.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange – Exclusive Sneak Peek – Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
The Captain America: Civil War Blu-ray hits stores on September 13. Disney is also releasing it on 3D Blu-Ray.