Tonight is the season 12 premiere of Supernatural and we’ve got all the spoilers on what to expect as well as information on the cast below. Let’s get started with a breakdown of the most important information, photos from episode 1 of the season, video clips and more.
Jensen Ackles recently did an interview with Entertainment Weekly about the show, talking about its strengths. He said that the fact that they are in reality but are not bound by it, gives them almost a "fifth wall." He went on to say: I think the show is at its best when it finds a way to blend scenes like that with horror and also comedy. I honestly think that it truly is at its best when it doesn’t take itself too seriously, then it does take itself seriously, then it gets scary as shit. (Photo: Katie Yu/The CW © 2016 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved)
– At the end of last season, Dean came face-to-face with his mother Mary Winchester, who is a skillful supernatural hunter as well. It had been 30 years since they had seen each other and we see this pick back up again during the new season.
– Sam may have been shot last season, but he is not dead. He was actually kidnapped by Lady Toni of the British Men of Letters. When Dean realizes, he, his mother and Castiel venture off to find Sam. Actor Misha Collins, who plays the role of Castiel, previously stated in an interview with the CW:
I think Castiel is coming back in to Season 12 in a fighting spirit. He is angry that he dropped the ball with Lucifer. He feels like he made another bad choice and he’s coming out swinging at the beginning of Season 12. He’s going after Lucifer, hunting him down and getting him.
Crowley joins forces with Castiel to get rid of Lucifer.
– Lucifer’s new vessel is a rock star named Vince Vincente. Executive producer Andrew Dabb dished more about Lucifer in an interview with TV Line, revealing that:
God’s gone. I have a free playing field here. I could go take over heaven or hell, but is that what I really want? … What he [Lucifer] discovers is that, in some ways, God had the right idea. Worship is fun. Having people worship you, it’s a good time. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of baggage with the name Lucifer, let’s put it that way. So for him, popping into someone like the rock star Vince Vincente, it allows him experience that almost God-like worship.
– Mary and Castiel form a special bond. Showrunner Andrew Dabb explained to Entertainment Weekly:
She and Castiel form a really interesting friendship and we think she’s a nice pivot point around which we can spin our characters.
Dabb also talked about the background of Mary’s character, saying:
We’re treating her very much as a character and the character who has been a part of Sam and Dean’s story for 11 seasons. This is really her and she’s having a real impact on our boys … At first, they’re really excited to have her back, but also aren’t quite sure how she’s going to respond to them because they know the last thing she wanted was for her kids to be hunters and now she’s walking into a world where her kids are hunters. So there’s a little [bit of] feeling each other out through the first part of the season before coming to a place that’s probably a little more settled.
– Adam Rose returns on the show and on episode 5, he helps Sam and Dean to fight Hitler.
So far, the announced episode titles for the season are:
Episode 1 – “Keep Calm And Carry On”
Synopsis: Season 12 begins with Dean becoming overwhelmed when he comes face-to-face with his mother, Mary Winchester. Meanwhile, Sam fights for his life after Toni, from the Woman of Letters, shoots him.
Episode 2 – “Mamma Mia”
Synopsis: Lucifer takes over the body of a rock star. Meanwhile, Dean, Castiel and Mary try to rescue Sam, but Dean is uncomfortable with putting Mary in danger, even though she insists on going along.
Episode 3 – “The Foundry”
Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
Misha Collins as Castiel
Mark A. Sheppard as Crowley
Samantha Smith as Mary Winchester
Elizabeth Blackmore as Lady Antonia “Toni” Bevell
Ruth Connell as Rowena
Kim Rhodes as Sheriff Jody Mills
Briana Buckmaster as Sheriff Donna Hanscum
Kathryn Newton as Claire Novak
Katherine Ramdeen as Alex
Rick Springfield as Lucifer
Adam Rose as Aaron Bass
Discuss on Facebook