This year is the 44th edition of the Boston Pop Fireworks in Massachusetts, with the big event airing on Bloomberg Television. Last year, the special aired on the CBS Network. Some take out their boats, rafts and other flotation devices in order to enjoy the pyrotechnics from the Charles River water, but not everyone has that luxury. Check out our rundown of the fireworks schedule, unobstructed views of the display and more below. And, for those who are not in the area, tune into Bloomberg Television at 8 p.m. ET.
Nearby Places to Watch the Fireworks
– Castle Island, South Boston
– Larz Anderson Park
– Prospect Hill, Somerville
– Bunker Hill, Charlestown
– The Prudential Tower Skywalk, but you must buy tickets and get their early to ensure a spot.
– Wright’s Tower, Medford
– MIT in Cambridge
– Hanging out riverside of the Charles River Esplanade anywhere between the Massachusetts Avenue and the Longfellow bridges will work.
– Arlington’s Robbins Farm Park
– Wollaston Beach
– Longfellow Bridge
According to the official website, the Charles River Esplanade can be accessed from Beacon Street by using Berkeley, Clarendon, Dartmouth, and Fairfield Streets and Massachusetts Avenue.
Two of the closest subway systems are the Charles-MGH on the Red Line, and Arlington Street on the Green Line. For more details, visit http://www.mbta.com. Public transportation is recommended.
For all the relevant information on local road closures, click here.
Fireworks Time Schedule
The Spectacular airs from 8 – 11 p.m. ET and the rough schedule for the events during the special are:
– 8 p.m. ET – Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular local broadcast starts
– 8:30 p.m. ET – The concert begins.
– 10:30 p.m. ET – Fireworks display begins.
– 11 p.m. ET – The Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular ends.