The day to get your Szechuan sauce is finally here. If you’re in California, you have 11 locations to choose from. But you’ll want to get there right at 2 p.m. (or even earlier, to make sure you’re not beat by people camping out early.) Some locations in the United States that are offering Szechuan sauce only have 20 packets to give out. So they’ll likely go fast.
(See a full list of every McDonald’s location in the United States that will carry Szechuan sauce in Heavy’s story here.)
Here are a few rules you’ll need to follow to get the Szechuan sauce.
- Only select restaurants will have the sauce in limited quantities.
- You can ONLY get the sauce if you dine-in. You cannot get the sauce at the drive-thru.
- You must purchase 4-piece, 6-piece, or 10-piece buttermilk chicken tenders to get the sauce.
- The sauce will begin selling at 2 p.m. local time at participating locations.
- Only one Szechuan sauce per person. :(
- Supplies are really limited. Many stores will only carry 20 packets of Szechuan sauce each.
McDonald’s webpage here lets you search locations by state and city, but the page doesn’t list them all in one location. So we put together this list for you.
Here’s every location in California that will be selling Szechuan sauce today, in alphabetical order by city:
Bakersfield: 2699 Mount Vernon Ave, 93306
Bellflower: 8507 Artesia Blvd., 90706
Berkeley: 1998 Shattuck Ave., 94704
Concord: 1691 Monument Blvd, 94520
Los Angeles: 1231 S. Labrea, 90019
Modesto: 1800 Prescott Rd., 95350
Sacramento: 7800 Walerga Rd., 95824
San Diego: 2345 El Cajon Blvd., 92104
San Francisco: 255 Winston Dr., 94132
San Jose: 2191 Monterey Rd., 95125
Santa Barbara: 1213 State Street, 93101
Californians are already talking about Szechuan Sauce Day, but not everyone’s happy:
You may want to get there a little before 2 p.m., to make sure you don’t miss the limited quantities.
Are you getting Szechuan sauce today? Let us know in the comments below.