On Wednesday, April 22, people from around the globe are celebrating Earth Day. The 2020 celebration is a special one since it’s Earth Day’s 50th anniversary. On April 22, 1970, the first Earth Day took place, and 50 years later, the event continues to promote environmental awareness.
The enormous challenge — but also the vast opportunities — of action on climate change have distinguished the issue as the most pressing topic for the 50th anniversary. Climate change represents the biggest challenge to the future of humanity and the life-support systems that make our world habitable.
One way to raise awareness for Earth Day 2020 is sharing memes and GIFs.
Here Are the Best Earth 2020 GIFs & Memes That You Need to See:
Tips to Celebrate the Earth Every Day
The Instagram user @saveourearthday posted 13 ideas on how to celebrate Earth Day every day. These are choices that someone can make every single day to have less of an impact on the environment.
The 13 steps outlined are:
- 1. Turn scraps into the compost
2. Use reusable shopping bags
3. Recycle electronics
4. Use a compact fluorescent bulb
5. Conserve energy by turning lights off
6. Walk, bike or carpool
7. Pick up trash
8. Unplug items when they’re not in use
9. Use a reusable water bottle.
11. Turn off water while brushing teeth
12. Use a drying rack instead of dryer
13. Take shorter showers