Francisco Martin is a singer-songwriter from California who started American Idol as the nervous contestant and has grown into much more in front of the judges’ and viewers’ eyes. He is one of seven contestants to make it through all the way to the end of Season 18 of American Idol.
Voting live tonight is a big deal because whoever gets the most votes by the time voting closes, which will be around 9:15 p.m. ET, will be the season 18 winner of American Idol. If you think that should be Francisco, there are three different ways to cast your vote:
First, you can vote at American Idol‘s website. Second, viewers can text in their votes. For texting, you simply text the number of the contestant you would like to vote for to “21523.” To cast your vote for Francisco Martin, text “12” to 21523. Third, download American Idol‘s app and vote for Francisco by texting “12” when prompted.
Vote For Francisco Up to 30 Times
If you believe that Francisco Martin should be this year’s American Idol, then be sure to vote for him the maximum amount of times, not just once. You can split your votes between contestants, but you can also vote ten times per contestant per voting method.
Ahead of the finale, Francisco told Billboard, “The way I see it is that we all came into this competition to chase our dreams and have a successful career out of it. Each and every one of us are deserving and worthy of the title. The talent is unreal. We are all unique in our own ways and there aren’t any side-by-side comparisons.”
He continued, saying, “Having a very strong artistic character is what matters most to me. And I feel like all of us have our own artistry. Basically what I’m saying is, anyone who is crowned the title in this insanely unique bunch is absolutely deserving of it.”
The Season Finale Will Feature a Number of Performances & Celebrity Guests
Here’s what we know about the lineup for tonight:
- Academy Award nominee Cynthia Erivo will be joined by the top 11 of the season to perform a medley of iconic Aretha Franklin songs.
- Grammy Winner Lauren Daigle will be joined by the top five to perform her 3-times platinum hit “You Say.”
- Rascall Flats and fan-favorite contestant Doug Kiker will perform “Bless the Broken Road.”
- American Idol judge Luke Bryan will perform his newest single “One Margarita.”
- Idol judge Katy Perry will perform her new single “Daisies” in its TV debut.
- Idol judge Lionel Richie will be joined by previous contestants to perform “We Are the World” in the first TV performance of the song in 35 years. The song was written by Richie and Michael Jackson and released in 1985. Now, the song will be performed by Richie alongside Alejandro Aranda a.k.a. Scarypoolparty, Fantasia Taylor, Gabby Barrett, Jordin Sparks, Katharine McPhee, Kellie Pickler, Laine Hardy, Lauren Alaina, Phillip Phillips, Ruben Studdard and Scotty McCreery.
The top seven finalists include the following contestants:
- Arthur Gunn
- Dillon James
- Francisco Martin
- Jonny West
- Julia Gargano
- Just Sam
- Louis Knight
To cast a vote for your favorite contestant, you’ll have to visit the website at americanidol.com/vote, download the official American Idol app, or text the contestant number to 21523.
Voting opens a few minutes into the show and closes at approximately 9:15 p.m. ET, which is 6:15 p.m. PST and 8:15 p.m. central. Fans can vote up to 10 times per method per contestant. The winner will be announced near the end of the show.